“Very disappointing”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Guernsey
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have to firstly qualify this review; this hotel was approximately £40 for the night, so I should have known it would not be anything but low budget.

Right! Here goes... The hotel atmosphere is very GRAY (regardless of how much orange colour is on every wall) and a little dark and up inviting. The room looks nothing like the bright attractive pictures on the internet and it doesn't come close to warning you just how thin the walls between each room are. I could hear the couple next door talking as if they were in my room and I swear I could hear the guy breathing even.

The room smelt badly of chemicals, similar to the blue portaloo stuff you find in a field at a music concert etc.

If you want to eat in the evening, especially if you want a quick meal, forget it. I gave up and had a breakfast box for dinner, rather than have to go back out to find food.

I was stopped in the corridor on two occasions, by other guests, to tell me how awful the hotel was... It must be bad when people volunteer that kind of info.

The final nail in the coffin from my point of view was the fact that the wifi was working intermittently and poorly quality when it finally did work.

All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MMSIM
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review about easyhotel London Heathrow. We are sorry to hear that easyhotel was not up to your expectations.

Please allow us to explain easyhotel is No-Frill Super Budget hotel which provides you simple & convenient accommodation on very affordable prices. When we charge £40 neighboring hotels in the area charge £100+. All facilities we provide are mentioned on our website and we inform the guest before they make booking what we offer.
Once again we regret to hear you it was not as you expected.

Regards
Saad Iqbal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kilkeel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was dubious booking this but figured its handy to the airport and id rather have more dosh for when im away. However if I had to do it again, I wouldn't be staying here. The guy on reception was pleasant and helpful. The room I had was falling to bits, nowhere to hang anything up, the bed was like a wooden box with a rubbish skinny mattress and the place was really hot, couldn't get the heating turned off or down. The door wasnt a good fit so was noisy too. High point was having a shower that worked and was powerful but fittings kept falling off the wall which was not good. Bathroom was as big as the bedroom. result was that I didn't shut my eyes all night. My advice would be to pay an extra £25 and book a proper hotel - there are lots to choose from

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with easyHotel Heathrow. We are sorry to hear that your stay at easyhotel was not comfortable. Being part of a franchise, terms and conditions do not allow us to make major changes in the room or facilities we provide. However when a guest is not satisfied with the room allocated to them, they can always ask for the room transfer. Our staff is more than happy to fulfill guests needs as customer satisfaction is our ultimate priority.
Once again accept our sincere apologies and we hope you will give us another chance to change your view about easyhotels.

Kind regards
Saad Iqbal

Travellers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having read previous reviews for this hotel I can't believe what people expect for £85......... We were just glad for the parking. Very convenient for terminal 1 and booking a taxi through reception worked out cheaper than the hopper... only £7. We had a comfy bed, a t.v, a shower and a window.....what more do you need for 1 night?????? We did need extra pillows, but asked at reception and it was no problem. Sat- nav took us straight there. We will definitely use again.

Room Tip: G44 had a window and good shower
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank claires906
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with easyHotel Heathrow and leaving us a 4 STAR review. Well there's nothing much to write as you have already mentioned everything. easyHotel Heathrow is a low cost no frills budget hotel where you only pay for what you use.
Once again it was lovely to read your review. Looking forward to see you soon in the future.

Kind Regards,
swindon uk
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was happy enough to rough it a little for the price. I could not take the heat which was not adjustable.
We moved to another room which was not as hot but my partner spent the night with a wet towel to keep cool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at easyHotel London Heathrow. I am disappointed to hear that the room was hot. Please be assured that I will speak with our Maintenance Manager regarding this issue. I am happy to hear that you are happy with the price. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I'll make sure next time you visit our Hotel, You leave with a big smile on your face.

Kind Regards
Agios Nikolaos, Greece
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a grotty little place which does not deserve the name hotel. It is rather a series of cupboards into which you cram yourself when exhausted by the flight into Heathrow you can no longer face continuing to travel. The furniture consists of little more than a shelf on which to sleep - no chair or table, no hanging space, nothing. The mattress was thin and uncomfortable, the towels small and cheap and the room itself hot and stuffy with no way to control the heat.
The staff were the one dim glow of comfort as they were cheerful and reasonably helpful. However, they had reason to be, as they happily charged £8 a night for parking - that's getting on for 25% of the nightly room cost to park your car in a hotel that can only be accessed by car! as the Heathrow hotel busses do not serve this grotty little pustule on the hotel scene.
We will not be returning and would advise anyone caught out by the low headline price to avoid it like the plague.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grizzledskipper2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at easyHotel Heathrow. At easyHotel Heathrow we endeavor to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and I do apologize that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Thank you very much for telling us about the issues. These issues will be seen to immediately as we work to improve our hotel standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to heathrowgm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
ipswich
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

arrived at hotel after walking up a road from the bus stop on the 410 route. the hotel smelled of curry and cheap air fraishner. room was a good size shower only. i note that the back of the bed was full of dust but rest of the room clean. best bit they offer a cab service for 7 to heathrow. overall might stay there again for a night if the room is cheap enough.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank 1111Ipswich
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with easy hotel Heathrow on Tripadvisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. Guest comfort is our ultimate priority, you can always ask for a room transfer if you are not happy with the room or facilities provided. Our staff will be more than happy to facilitate your requirements utilizing all our sources.

I hope this will not stop you from coming back and staying with us.
Thank You.

Kind Regards
northants
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on 9th march before our flight from Heathrow on monday morning.The sat Nav we used took us straight to the Hotel.I had requested that our rooms were close together as i had booked 2 rooms & they were 3 doors away from each other.We had one double & one Twin room.I'm glad we had a window because quite honestly i dont think i would have wanted to be in a room without one.The bed was comfy & we slept well we had a tv on the wall in front of the bed & had a FREE remote to the tv.The hotel has stopped doing the Takeaways but there was a pub down the Lane across from the hotel that did meals but dont know what prices they charged as we didnt go inside further along the road there was a co op store & a Take away selling Burgers,Kebabs,& Fried chicken.We booked a taxi from Reception for monday morning we were told it would cost £16.50 but it cost us £12.12p on the day for an 8 seater Taxi.The Taxi was booked at 7.30am & arrived on time.The toilet/shower was abit small but it done for our needs there were Toiletries in there as well very good for a Budget Hotel.There was also Towels.We were VERY satisfied with this Hotel & I WOULD stay here again.These people who book into Budget hotels & want the Ritz or Hilton treatment should book in them & stay out of Budget properties.Well done Easy Hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank aliceNorthants
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a lovely review with so many stars!! The team at Easy Hotel Heathrow is thrilled to read your comments. We’re glad you have enjoyed your stay and made the point clear what to be expected in a budget hotel.

Looking forward to see you again soon !!
Take good care of yourself.

Kind Regards,
Saad Iqbal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!