“Very basic hotel!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Pasadena, California
“Very basic hotel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are just looking for a simple nights sleep then this is it. That is all you get! You get a bed and a bathroom that is smaller than one on a cruise ship. If you want extras then it costs more. It worked for us for our layover in London but if you are staying longer then one day I would recommend something else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving review about easyhotel London Heathrow. easyHotel is a no frill super budget hotel. I believe you went for a small room, i will suggest you to book a standard size room in advance and you will get much cheaper price nearly around the price of a small room.

Thank you once again for the review. Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Saad Iqbal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the easyHotel Heathrow several times.

The rooms are small but have a comfy bed, toilet, shower and TV.
There is a vending machine for hot/cold drinks and chocolate bars/crisps.

It's intended as a place to stay before catching a flight from Heathrow. It's not a holiday hotel - and the price is good value. I don't want to pay more when I generally arrive at 10pm and leave at 6am the next day.

30 minutes of free wifi is a nice bonus. Longer would be better, but it's enough to catch up on emails, check the flight details and weather.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful.
I have never noticed any problem with noise, temperature or air quality.

There are more luxurious hotels on Bath Road but you will pay 2 or 3 times more.
I will shortly be booking again for my next trip and can recommend the easyHotel if your expectations are realistic when taking the price into account.

Room Tip: Book a room with a window if you are claustrophobic. Otherwise, save a little money and get an insid...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BikeTourer
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with easyHotel Heathrow.
I would to thank you for leaving us a wonderful review and recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Your comments on booking in back proves that you had a nice stay overall. It always brings a smile on our faces to receive such positive feedback from our customers after they stay with us. Thank you for rating your stay with four stars. We will make sure all the staff members receive a copy of your compliments.

We’ll look forward for your next visit!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've no problem with the tiny rooms or even smaller bathrooms, even the lack of windows is fine if all you are doing is sleeping there.

However having crashed there a couple of times I can say the air con is totally well just wrong. The air is very hot stale and dry meaning even if I haven't had a drink I seem to wake up there dehydrated and almost hungover.

Instead of booking ahead here I'd book on the day and get a room for a similar rate somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don;t bother getting a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at easyhotel Heathrow . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Guest comfort is our ultimate priority, you can always ask for a room transfer if you are not happy with the room or facilities provided. Our staff will be more than happy to facilitate your requirements utilizing all our sources
I hope this will not stop you from coming back and staying with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Positives:

-Fairly cheap and provide parking on site for you to leave your car there and travel abroad.
-Parking was easy and I didn't even need to leave my car keys with the hotel. I simply pared in the main car park, told them my registration number and that was it.
-Quick and easy check in
-Clean room and bathroom
-Comfortable bed
-Coffee and vending machines available
-Sockets available to charge phone

Negatives:

-Could be cheaper considering the size of the room
-Rooms have a bed and that is it. Fine by me, all I needed but be aware that there wasn't even much room to open the case. Luckily had a double bed so was able to leave it open on one side of the bed. As I said, fine for me as I really just needed a place to get my head down for the night.
-Walls are thin so if someone decides to be loud outside your door you will hear it. I didn't have any problems with noise as I guess everyone is in the same boat and trying to keep it down a bit, but there's potential there for a rather bad nights sleep.
-Avoid rooms near the coffee/vending machines and reception for the reasons above.
-Getting to and from the airport can be hassle as they don't run a shuttle or anything and it's too far to walk. They do provide a discounted taxi rate though which seemed to be a very fair price, certainly cheaper than just calling for one. Make sure you get the information from reception when you arrive though.
-Bus station is 5 minutes walk away but it's not easy to identify which bus you need to get to the airport.

I would definitely use this hotel again though, mainly if I were flying out of Heathrow early in the day. Much better than leaving home at 5AM or sitting in traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you have found the hotel overall convenient and will definitely be coming back again. I appreciate for your effort and highlighting the issues where we need to improve.
The prices of the rooms are not standard and do vary from time to time. Booking in advance will get you much discount on all room types. What ever price we sell our rooms for, they will always be cheaper than the neighbor hotels who sell their rooms 2 or 3 times expensive than us. I have already raised the issue of thin walls and discussed with the maintenance manager, Hopefully we will be doing something very soon regarding the walls.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Rooms were very small, no desk or table to work at. But the bed was comfortable and the room and shower room were both clean if cramped. Overall, not bad, but have had better accommodation for a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thanks you for reviewing your stay with easyHotel London Heathrow. As you know easyHotel is a low budget hotel. We provide simple and basic accommodation with range of different room types as mentioned on our website.
To get cheaper price you need to book in advance.

We all hope to see you soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

You are literally paying for a bed in a room.

The walls are paper thin so if you are a light sleeper you will be woken up every hour by people coming and going. Bring heavy duty earplugs otherwise.

There is no hot water in the shower and the room is freezing cold. So even if you do decide to clean yourself using warm sink water, you are going to walk back out into a freezing cold room.

You only get 30 minutes of free wifi, so if you intend on using more wifi than that don't stay here.

Bed is hard but pillows are nice.

Honestly, this place is cheap and if you are looking to save money and don't care about being woken up, showering, or using wifi, then yes stay here. If you do care about any of those, pretty much any other hotel would be a significantly better option.

The only reason I gave this 2 and not a 1 is because the room is clean, new, and moderately well kept.

Room Tip: If you don't care about noise, showering, or wifi, and only care about price, stay here. Otherwi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jack J
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at easyHotel London Heathrow, I am disappointed to learn you have not enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
As you know this is a budget hotel and the basic concept for this hotel is to provide comfortable stay. I have discussed the issue of thin walls with my maintenance team. The hot water is being pumped by the boiler and nobody else has complained about hot water. For sure the mixer was not turned towards the hot temperature. The receptionist could have fixed it for you.
The hotel has centralized cooling/heating system in every corridor. The temperature is always set on a normal temperature, instead of heating up the whole corridor you can request for a portable heater. We do offer more Internet hours like 2 hours, 4 hours and 24 hours and yes there is a small charge against them.

I hope this will not stop you coming back to easyHotel Heathrow, We will be looking forward to see you soon.

heathrowgm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

You get what you pay for room is the smallest we have ever stayed in and bathroom is like a cruise ship bathroom . No kettle in the room and you even have to leave a deposit for a remote control.
Having said that the location is good 50 yards to the main road where there is a pub . If like us you are only taking hand luggage to the airport and like a walk if you walk about 15 mins to bath road you can jump on a bus with no charge to the airport yes no charge. Saves £8 for the 2 of you if you had taken the hoppa . The staff are friendly enough and overall if you are looking for a cheap hotel near the airport this will tick your box

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing easyHotel Heathrow for your accommodation needs and sharing your experience. As you know easyHotel is a Budget hotel we do not have tea/kettle facilities in the rooms but we do have a communal area where you can enjoy your meals and can prepare food/tea. Sorry to say but we have stopped taking deposits since more than an year now and we do not ask deposit for anything now. I am happy overall you have found the hotel good. Our utter most responsibility is to keep our guests happy even when they depart from the hotel.

Saad Iqbal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!