“Strange and Interesting” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Calgary, Canada
“Strange and Interesting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this low cost hotel knowing what we should expect. By and large, expectations were met. It is minimalist and very small, fair enough. However the state of the hotel was very sub-pair, the electronic door locks on the rooms were not working and we had to be let in by staff each time; TV was not working with remote and we were handed a universal remote and told to configure it ourselves (never did get it working); Air condition was not working and were given a oscillating floor fan; Mirror light not working; and shower drain barely draining (almost had a flood). Staff however were all very pleasant. The taxi cab we took had no idea were this was and we ended up at the airport and taking a bus back to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian I
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate all the feedback we receive as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests. I sincerely apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and have experienced these issues. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Unfortunately the Electronic Key making machine stopped working over the weekend and we had to wait till weekday which took two to three days. About the T.V. I must say that the Receptionist should have reprogrammed it for you, Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I will advise the staff to make sure they reprogram the remotes before handing it over to the guests.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Saad Iqbal.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

It makes no claim to have frills and that is spot on. The rooms are the size of an economy class cabin on a cross channel ferry with a tiny shower/toilet. I paid extra for a window but this did not open so the rooms are quite stuffy. Very basic, but staff were friendly and helpful. The best point was free internet access to manage your flight booking. The staff can arrange for a car to the Airport and the local hire firm will only charge £9.
I've tried the Easy Hotel but it is not my cup of tea - it might benefit from a tea maker in the room!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roy D
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing your stay with easyHotel on Trip Advisor.

Our aim is to provide clean & comfortable environment. As you mentioned in your review, the staff is friendly and helpful. We believe Customer service is one of the key essentials and we try our best to provide excellent customer service to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

As expected from an Easy Hotel, the rooms are small podlike structures, but entirely sufficient for a night before an early flight.

Less convenient is how to get there. I asked for a taxi at the airport - and the taxi driver would not take me. He quoted a price of >25 pounds and recommended to use the shuttle bus.
To get to the shuttle bus I had to change terminals (a train ride) and then it took the shuttle a long time get to Hounslow - all in all I took 2 hours to get to the hotel!

I was advised by a very nice person at checkin, that I should have booked a taxi through the hotel (per phone) for 9 pounds. It would have been helpful to receive this information by email in advance.

At 5 in the morning I was picked up by a Taxi organised by the hotel reception, and he took me back to the airport by the shortest route - in 20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank copperheadmd
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at EasyHotel Heathrow, I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused whilst coming to the Hotel. The information about the Taxi/Shuttle is mentioned on our website but I do appreciate for the suggestion that the information about the Taxi/Shuttle could be sent to the guests when the booking is processed. I am thankful to you for your kind review.

We all hope to see you again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Yes it is only £15 per night but the rooms are barely large enough for the double bed, you do not have a window and the room was hot and airless. Clean and basic but even prisoners get a window. Not good if you are claustrophobic.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CarlMarx
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review at TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to learn you did not enjoy your stay. We have 7 different kinds of rooms in the hotel and all the rooms are either double or family rooms. I do agree there are rooms without windows but we also have rooms with window which you can upgrade for a little extra. All the rooms have fresh air vents which keeps running 24/7.The rooms are built according to the customer's needs and you get exactly what you have paid for. Next time you can book a room with window.
Looking forward to see you soon.

Saad Iqbal
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are just looking for a simple nights sleep then this is it. That is all you get! You get a bed and a bathroom that is smaller than one on a cruise ship. If you want extras then it costs more. It worked for us for our layover in London but if you are staying longer then one day I would recommend something else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving review about easyhotel London Heathrow. easyHotel is a no frill super budget hotel. I believe you went for a small room, i will suggest you to book a standard size room in advance and you will get much cheaper price nearly around the price of a small room.

Thank you once again for the review. Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Saad Iqbal
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the easyHotel Heathrow several times.

The rooms are small but have a comfy bed, toilet, shower and TV.
There is a vending machine for hot/cold drinks and chocolate bars/crisps.

It's intended as a place to stay before catching a flight from Heathrow. It's not a holiday hotel - and the price is good value. I don't want to pay more when I generally arrive at 10pm and leave at 6am the next day.

30 minutes of free wifi is a nice bonus. Longer would be better, but it's enough to catch up on emails, check the flight details and weather.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful.
I have never noticed any problem with noise, temperature or air quality.

There are more luxurious hotels on Bath Road but you will pay 2 or 3 times more.
I will shortly be booking again for my next trip and can recommend the easyHotel if your expectations are realistic when taking the price into account.

Room Tip: Book a room with a window if you are claustrophobic. Otherwise, save a little money and get an insid...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BikeTourer
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with easyHotel Heathrow.
I would to thank you for leaving us a wonderful review and recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Your comments on booking in back proves that you had a nice stay overall. It always brings a smile on our faces to receive such positive feedback from our customers after they stay with us. Thank you for rating your stay with four stars. We will make sure all the staff members receive a copy of your compliments.

We’ll look forward for your next visit!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've no problem with the tiny rooms or even smaller bathrooms, even the lack of windows is fine if all you are doing is sleeping there.

However having crashed there a couple of times I can say the air con is totally well just wrong. The air is very hot stale and dry meaning even if I haven't had a drink I seem to wake up there dehydrated and almost hungover.

Instead of booking ahead here I'd book on the day and get a room for a similar rate somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don;t bother getting a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at easyhotel Heathrow . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Guest comfort is our ultimate priority, you can always ask for a room transfer if you are not happy with the room or facilities provided. Our staff will be more than happy to facilitate your requirements utilizing all our sources
I hope this will not stop you from coming back and staying with us.

Saad Iqbal.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!