“A Heathrow Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 504 Restaurants in Hounslow
Price range: £20 - £60
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Named in retrospect and translated as the "Beautiful Era", our inspiration for this restaurant emerged from the period in European social history during the late 19th century that lasted until World War,It became recognised as the "golden age" - a time when new technologies and medical discoveries were found and when politics, art and literature underwent radical transformation. In Paris, restaurants achieved a new splendour and cachet for one to parade and where fashion began to move in seasonal cycles.In the culinary sense this period is enormously relevant to our philosophy of progression, optimism and very modern.We would like to think this beautiful era is strongly characterised by our cooking which is rarely serious yet rooted in classical French cuisine and have extended our repertoire to embrace some exciting 'outward looking' far eastern variations.
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Our flight had a mechanical problem and was delayed 24 hours. We spent the night at the airport Sofitel Hotel. While walking around we discovered this restaurant. The menu looked interesting. We booked a table and started our delightful dining experience-
Excellent service. Lovely decor. And a 1 star dinner. The wines and food were reasonably priced and looked and tasted great. One small glitch-- the lovely water
display needs to be fixed--mold smell. So just sit elsewhere

3  Thank MillValleyFoodies
CulinaryManager, Manager at La Belle Epoque, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

Dear MillValleyFoodies,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of such fantastic superlatives.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the entire gamut of your evening with us- from the wine list, to the food and service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and thank you once again for recommending La Belle Époque.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I've been in Italy for the last three weeks traveling extensively and this has been my favorite meal of the trip. An experience in itself. I ordered the tasting menu paired with wine. Every step of this meal was pure pleasure. I can't recommend this highly enough. I felt like I was in a movie centered around a chef. While traveling through Italy I was looking for an experience like this but found none. Rarely do I spend 2 1/2 hours in a restaurant by myself enjoying the tastes, the aromas, the experience of being waited on by such talented staff that attend your needs before you know you need them. I wish all people could experience something as incredible as this tasting. This is a restaurant that seems like it should be in a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons or some other upper echelon hotel, but it's beneficial to be in a hotel like this so more people can experience this kind of food and not be intimidated. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank reneem632

Dear renee m,

Thank you so much for your delightful and comprehensive review.

We take it as such a wonderful compliment when guests feel compelled to share such positive feedback, so thank you for your inaugural restaurant review.

The tasting menu and the matching wine pairings does make for a fantastic and indulgent night, tasting menu has some wonderful dishes and, as you stated, a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a variety of flavours you may not otherwise. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the tasting menu - and It's equally great to hear that you enjoyed the exceptional service.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

The food and service were fine and a varied menu. Not a destination in itself. It's a typical airport restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank ta2zman

Dear ta2zman,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I'm genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and found everything so much to your liking.

I hope we're able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Wonderful all the way around. A pleasant surprise for an airport hotel/restaurant. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Stefan B
CulinaryManager, Manager at La Belle Epoque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Stefan B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Staying in an airport hotel doesn't usually fill you with much hope. This restaurant is situated in the Sofitel hotel terminal 5. Absolutely fantastic food, great service. The only criticism is my main dish of venison was luke warm but tasted delicious so I didn't send it back.

2  Thank skinnyiwish

Dear skinnyiwish,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of such fantastic superlatives.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us and your dining experience was truly memorable due to fantastic food & followed by great service.

I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards