“Great meal with my parents”
Review of La Belle Epoque

La Belle Epoque
Ranked #5 of 504 Restaurants in Hounslow
Price range: £20 - £60
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Named in retrospect and translated as the "Beautiful Era", our inspiration for this restaurant emerged from the period in European social history during the late 19th century that lasted until World War,It became recognised as the "golden age" - a time when new technologies and medical discoveries were found and when politics, art and literature underwent radical transformation. In Paris, restaurants achieved a new splendour and cachet for one to parade and where fashion began to move in seasonal cycles.In the culinary sense this period is enormously relevant to our philosophy of progression, optimism and very modern.We would like to think this beautiful era is strongly characterised by our cooking which is rarely serious yet rooted in classical French cuisine and have extended our repertoire to embrace some exciting 'outward looking' far eastern variations.
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Went with my parents as I was flying in to the UK and they were leaving we decided to meet briefly and have dinner here.
Wow, a really superb meal. Great friendly staff. Who knew the menus and wine lists.
I was not expecting fine dining but certainly got it.
I had the lobster and tempura frogs legs As a starter and the Halibut as a main which were cooked perfectly and wonderfully plated. We finished with a selection of cheeses All French and all fantastic. Very happy customer and I will eat here again. Great work all there

3  Thank Matt W
CulinaryManager, Manager at La Belle Epoque, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear Matt W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.

It is really nice to know that your dining experience was truly memorable due to perfectly cooked lobster and tempura frogs legs, halibut, selection of cheese and It's equally great to hear that you enjoyed the friendly service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and thank you once again for recommending La Belle Époque.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

This is a great restaurant in the Sofitel at T5. They have definitely earned their 3 rosettes and I wouldn't be surprised if they attain a Michelin star soon.
The service was superb without being intrusive and the food was technical, interesting, tasty and beautifully presented.
Highly recommended, I'm already looking forward to a return visit when I'm next at Heathrow.

4  Thank No1Scribbler

Dear No1Scribbler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

Firstly I am glad to hear that you choose to stay with Sofitel. Also really excited to know that you enjoyed the entire gamut of your evening with us - from the food to service.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We had the tasting menu with wines and it was excellent. A great range of light and fresh dishes with a good selection of wines. We weren't too keen on the dry sherry but everything else was great. We will be back.

4  Thank LordSheepscombe

Dear LordSheepscombe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your thorough and charming review.

The tasting menu and the matching wine pairings does make for a fantastic and indulgent night, tasting menu has some wonderful dishes and, as you stated, a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a variety of flavours you may not otherwise. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the tasting menu.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had a great meal at La Belle Epoque with good, but not intrusive service. The starters and mains were a delight and there is a great choice of wines. When dessert came, the words 'happy birthday' were written on the plate in chocolate as it was my partener's birthday. The cheese trolley is excellent. This place is not cheap, but you get what you pay for in terms of the quality and presentation of the food, the service and ambiance in this oasis.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank Jeremy C

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you very much for your delightful review, and for choosing to celebrate your partners birthday with us.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the entire gamut of your evening with us-from start to finish.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Very often at the airports one is used to have something like a fast food, even in the restaurant-like places. Not here - this is a rare exception and this is the best restaurant (almost) at the airport, which we have visited so far. Very good cuisine, interesting and artisan dishes, well combined with a good selection of wines. The service is good, and the prices decent. And all that literally 7 minutes walk away from the check in gates of Heathrow, terminal 5!

1  Thank Stan040

Dear ptglaw,

What a wonderful compliment -"Best Airport Restaurant we've ever been to!"

Thank you so much for your delightful review. It was a joy to read and learn that you enjoyed your evening so much. Exceptional food and good service as well as good selection of wines. are all wonderful compliments and ones which I will be sure to share with the entire team.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.