“good food, but misleading”
Review of Karahi Express

Karahi Express
Ranked #44 of 251 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food at this place is cheap and cheerful, but is also very good. Another great thing is that you can take your own alcohol to consume. I would recommend this place, but be warned that they do falsely advertise that they take amex as a payment method, on the last few occasions I've been they make excuses as to why they cannot accept it, yet continue to advertise that they accept it. Apart from this issue, I would recommend this as the food is very good.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This place used to be a favourite of mine, but on my last visit the butter chicken I ordered wasn't up to scratch, the mixed grill however was lovely, lamb chops were perfect

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm from a punjabi background therefore me and my family are really picky when it comes to indian restaurants. This place understands punjabi food, right down to the flavouring, spice and cooking style. Also you get the best portion sizes. We have never finished a whole meal in one sitting. We always take home leftovers which still taste amazing the next day.

The atmosphere is what I would describe as comfortable. You see groups of young lads, families, auntijis, unclejis, work peeps -everyone. Its always buzzing. At times you got loud bhangra music playing, but they will turn it down for you if its too loud.

You can come in your jeans and hoodie, or you can dress up casual smart. You wouldn't come here in a sari or formal dress as this is not a place of elegance or formality. You come to EAT and enjoy your food and chill out.

I always recommend this place. Anyone I have taken here has loved it and is always up for going again. I'm getting married soon and the caterer I picked does good food, but not great. I'm going to try and take him to this restaurant to give him an idea of how punjabi food should be.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Food is bad.old and not even properly cooked .Cleaning standards are poor and staff has an attitude.

1  Thank Raman D
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have eaten here lots of times in the past and recently paid another 2 visits. The place is buzzing and the food is tasty. i do, however, question the cleanliness. The ladies loo is not always stocked with loo roll, the general overall appearance could do with a good scrub and my friend found a long black hair in his lamb kebabs.