“Time to upgrade the operating manual Hilton!”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Singapore, Singapore
“Time to upgrade the operating manual Hilton!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

It's a simple equation, how can you possibly get it wrong? Hilton LHR T4 is an airport hotel. It goes without saying that the bread and butter for this property are plane-loads of passengers staying due to last-minute delays. At 8pm at night when a plane-load of Delta passengers are checking in for the night, why oh why can you not set-up a separate check-in counter for your 'other' guests or at least for your elite guests? I politely asked 3 separate staff members (who had nothing much to do despite the maelstrom of waiting guests) where elite members could check-in? Blank stares in response. At 8pm there wasn't staff in the executive lounge plus you needed a room key to access it anyway. I waited patiently behind 20 Delta passengers for more than 30 minutes before finally being able to check-in. Seriously? It's that difficult to have a separate check-in area for guests who have made bookings in advance or even your elite guests? It really is a lucky draw each time you stay here - will you get to check-in within 5 minutes or 50 minutes. Enjoy the gamble!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank LuxeTravelerHK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It was about as expected.. busy, nice front desk staff, ok room (for a Hilton), typical hotel restaurant fare. A couple of notes: Exec Lounge locks the beer at 20:30 (liquor was removed by 20:00), and be prepared, the Exec Lounge is crowded given the volume of business traveller, and do keep in mind that although it's adjacent to T4 it's an 8 min walk from the lobby to T4 (where you can catch the train to the other terminals, or Paddington Station) about 50 yards of it outside where one can get a little wet in the rain. From front desk to T2 check in was 22 mins (walking, then train, then walking some more). While could certainly do worse around LHR, next time I'll choose the Softiel, even if I don't go out of T5.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pmmnc
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for one night on the 16th October before my flight to Houston the next morning.

Unique hotel to Terminal 4 as it is linked by a covered walkway that goes straight from the hotel into the terminal. This was invaluable. We flew down on a domestic flight to London into T5 then got the free bus to T4.Picked up a luggage trolley free of charge then walked from the terminal to the Hilton - dead easy! AND best of all did not cost a penny. The Heathrow Hoppa buses are a rip off and well overpriced - so avoid them if you can!

The hotel is of a very modern design but the rooms need a little TLC and renovation. I did not have a very comfortable night's sleep as the bed was a bit dated. If they invested a little more on the rooms instead of the actual Facade and public areas of the hotel I would have scored it more.

Nonetheless my stay was very good.

The room was spotlessly clean

The breakfast the next morning was AMAZING! One of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten in a hotel - and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the world - this was first class! My breakfast was complimentary due to my gold status membership with Hilton (they also gave me 1,000 points on my account and two drinks at the bar - nice touch) - however I would have gladly paid for this breakfast as it set me up for the whole day and the crappy airline food that followed. Such a massive choice of food and all fresh and beautifully presented. Well done Hilton and well done to the staff - 11/10 for the breakfast!

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and the common areas were modern and bright.

This is a great hotel for T4 departures - but no other terminals as it is out on a limb a little and was built exclusively for T4.

A nice stay though and will definitely stay again - if the rooms and beds get upgraded.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast - its the best and worth every penny if you pay for it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Despite being exhausted after a long flight, I'm putting off some much needed sleep to write this review from my room at the Hilton - because frankly I'm gutted. We'd pre-booked a Queen Guestroom (which I think is just a standard room) for one night to recover from our travels before heading off to stay elsewhere in London. Reception was fine, and looked much as you'd expect a decent airport hotel to look and the staff were friendly and efficient - but the room is another matter entirely. It's dated, shabby and in dire need of redecoration.

The doors, door frames and wooden/veneered furntiture are chipped and dirty in places. The television picture quality is decidedly poor, the aircon is noisy and despite apparently being a soundproof room, the noise of every door closing and person walking/talking by is as clear as a bell. There's also the added bonus that when the room next door closes their door, our headboard bangs against the wall. In addition it looks as if some wine is missing from the fridge (or hasn't been restocked).

And then, there's the bathroom. It looks like something from a really old hospital - right down to the black plastic toilet seat and the cracked floor tiles, and the 'something' which may have been cotton or may have been dental floss lying next to the bathroom bin.

Look, I understand that hotels need renovating from time to time, I understand that not every room can be brand new, and I understand that this is only a standard room - I wasn't expecting anything flash, but I really wasn't expecting anything this shabby from the Hilton. Our first night back in the UK for years, ruined. I'm giving this a poor instead of a terrible only because the bed appears clean and feels comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't pick room 132
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear FRH777

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great location for my business trip, but didn't have anything around if you wanted to search out. Overall experience was good, lobby & bar area was a bit dark and room was small with the european singles beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful and would stay again for business travel in that area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear PTCBOB

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Thank you, Hilton for a lovely start to our Honeymoon
Fantastic executive room with an excellent bathroom.
Service is great from a friendly staff. Good choice of restaurants, reasonably priced. Good lounge available for executive rooms offering food and drink until 8.30pm.

Ideal for terminal 4

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear BryanBjorn

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed here twice within one week.

The first stay was with my teen son and he was leaving early the next morning from Terminal 4 - the most difficult thing was finding the street entrance and in the end we walked up the exit ramp since it was one way. Check-in was very smooth we were given Room 252 that had two twin beds that overlooked the back of the property towards the terminal. I needed an adaptor and the concierge lent me one with a ten pound deposit that I got back at check-out. There was water in the room. Smallish bathroom but all the amenities that were needed - soap (basin and shower), shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, razor and toothbrushes.

We were offered a fee for breakfast and internet that I took.

We had room service for a meal - shepherd's pie for me and fish and chips for my son. Both were good.

Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was a wide selection of cooked and cold buffet.

Beds were comfortable and no noise from the airport.

Covered walkway to the terminal was a quick 10 minutes with the luggage.

Next stay was just me - room 263. My room overlooked the foyer. However, wished they had warned me that with the light on in the room everyone can see up into the room - did not realize until after I had got dressed. Think there should be a warning to close the curtains if you do not want people to see into the room. I had a queen bed, but other wise expected everything to be the same. Not so. There was a US plug outlet available - this was not in the other room, so was a nice surprise. More surprises - larger bathroom, but only one soap - but a massaging soap, no razor. Huge bottle of water. Had again done the breakfast an internet deal - and breakfast was good again.

It was nice to be able to walk my luggage over, check-in for the flight, and then come back and spend another hour or so in the room before checking out.

Will be staying here again when I leave out of Terminal 4, but requesting a room that does not overlook the foyer.

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking the foyer - 262, if privacy room -253
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AussieNarelle
Dear AussieNarelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!