“Smily service at breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Smily service at breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed overnight in this Hilton and were not let down! The service was great, especially the supervisor lady in the morning, breakfast met the famous Hilton standard. The room is a good size, check in was quick and efficient. Of course very convenient access to Terminal 4, would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eniko86
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Eniko86

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was at the Hilton Terminal 4 hotel for 2 nights, attending business meetings there for 2 days. The experience was correct for a 4 stars hotel but not extraordinary.

The hotel is at the other end of the airport (especially if you don't fly in/out from Terminal 4). If you want to exercise a little bit there is a 10 minutes walkway from Terminal 4 (it is not heated so still quite cold in beginning of March). Or you can take a shuttle (not straightforward to find in Terminal 4).

The reception is nice and quite quick. The speed is however reached because they didn't explain to me simple things like breakfast (when? where?). But you can see their beautiful atrium. If you arrive at night, all lights on give a good atmosphere.

The room is nice, well furnished. The bathroom is clean, cleaned everyday. The furniture seem a bit outdated but very comfortable. Although close to the airport and highways connecting it, rooms are very well insulated against noise, the bed if very comfortable, I slept very well. But ... there is no free wifi in the rooms! Of course my company paid for it but I don't understand why make people's life complicated (entering password at each connection) when one already pays a substantial amount for the room itself.

Breakfast is good, with enough choice. A bit like my overall feeling: ok but not extraordinary for a 4 stars.

Meeting rooms are a bit small when you are at nearly full capacity. But the audioconferencing system works fine - that's a good point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left (when facing reception) are opposite the airport and give on the hightway. However...
1 Thank jepoirrier
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear jepoirrier

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport by commenting on TripAdviser. We use the comments together with those on other social media channels to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your comments are self explanatory and advise you had a relatively good stay, should there be anything you wish to share, I'd be happy to hear from you so we can implement .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Convenient location for morning flights out of Heathrow. HOWEVER, beware the wifi charges. We were handed a wifi code at check in, but not told that it was free only in the lobby. In the room, there was a fee. And the wifi was lousy in both places--frequently booted us out. We are working now to get the charges waived. Having said that, the hotel was fine in other ways--predictably expensive to eat there (you are sort of captive), but the pricy breakfast buffet was really generous and varied.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara M
Dear Barbara M

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

If I can assist you further before then I'd be happy to hear from you and ask that you contact me. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant week and remain for now with kind regards
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Arrived in Terminal 4 on a day flight from the US and stayed here and took the Heathrow Express the next morning rather than navigate the tube etc. at night when I was tired. Great Decision. Free internet in the lobby. Express checkout. Really effortless

1 Thank actonma
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear actonma

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

Su.mills@hilton.com
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Please read my profile for my biases.

I am a Marriott man through and through, but the Heathrow Airport Marriott properties are either average (in the case of the Marriott) or horrible (in the case of the Renaissance).

I was booked in the Hilton for one night by a business colleague, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Airport hotels always tend to be a bit shabby compared to other lodging mainly because people don't tend to stay in one very long (unlike a normal business or resort hotel where the average stay could be a week or more). That means a lot of people moving in and out, and it can wear a place down.

This hotel seemed a lot nicer than one might expect. Sure, there was the occasional nick or dent, and I did find that the stopper in the bathroom sink was completely out (see pic) but overall it was much closer to my favorite LHR hotel, the Sofitel in Terminal 5, than the other places I've stayed, for a fraction of the cost.

My room was large and well appointed. It looked out over the lobby but I wasn't there for the view. I was able to set the temperature where I liked it and I was sold by the bathtub. I have a friend that laughs at me about this, but at the end of a week-long business trip I like to soak in a tub full of hot water and this tub was darn near perfect for my six foot plus frame.

I got a great night's sleep and had a fine breakfast the next morning.

I was flying out of Terminal 3 and the transfer was pretty simple. There is a covered (but not heated) walkway from the hotel to Terminal 4, and while the walk was easy it could be considered long for some. Once in the terminal it was a short train ride to my departure.

I'm still in love with the Sofitel but you can't beat the value of the Hilton, so I expect I'll be here again.

Room Tip: I was in a room that overlooked the lobby, but you couldn't hear anything through the walls and...
1 Thank Sortova
Dear Sortova

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a great place to stay close to terminal 4. the check in staff were very helpful. the beds were really so comfortable. the room a little pokey but nice. fabulous breakfast, eat as much as you like.
Even though we were right near the take off end of the runway, with the window closed we couldn't hear any aircraft noise.
Will definately use again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bobthebus

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel in January 2014 for one night, prior to an early morning flight. We were very impressed with both the service and the amenities. Check in was well organised and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable and a good size. There were a few restaurants to choose from - a bit on the pricey side but good food and service, and a nice bar too. We also used the swimming pool and small gym, which were an added bonus to our stay.

We chose the hotel for its proximity to terminal 4 and it worked out well for us. We were able to park the car in the secure car park outside the hotel, where it stayed for a week. There was then a tunnel linking the hotel to the airport, which is really handy for an early flight. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the airport. When we returned from our holiday, taking the car out of the car park was easy, given the ticket provided on our arrival.

All in all, a great stay at a lovely hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear huggyleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!