“Fantastic Hotel”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I booked a room here for my overnight layover; Munich to Chicago. Passport control was very helpful telling me where the free Heathrow Express train was to take to terminal 4 from terminal 1. The wait time was about 8 minutes. The ride was about 4 minutes with another 4 minute walk time in a covered tunnel right to the front of the hotel. The hotel was very clean and the late night staff were very friendly and helpful. I was welcomed with smiling faces and they were very quick to get me to my room. The hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room was amazingly quiet as I had one in the main hallway by the elevators. I received my wake up call on time. I did get the continental breakfast for a quick snack to hold me over until I had my meal on the airplane. The food was very good, and the server was very pleasant.

My check out was quick. The staff looked up my flight to confirm it was on time and which terminal I was leaving from. Again the staff were very pleasant, asking me if I received my wake-up call and if my short stay was good.

When I have my layovers in London I will stay here again without question. It was very convenient compared to my other choice of staying at a hotel away from the airport needing to get a cab or to take the Heathrow Express to London itself.

The room price I found to be reasonable as I compared it to several other hotels around the airport. When I figured in the cost of a cab or train ticket a less expensive hotel would come to the same price. I felt staying there allowed me to sleep in longer and I did not have to rush through my breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave P
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Dave P

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,075)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Location for T4 is great, brisk 3 minute walk. Room prices vary from bargain to tear inducing - I was in the middle and acceptable for an early flight.

Hotel staff are polite and helpful, check-in was not that fast with some guests asking questions about area and restaurants - send them to the concierge and check in the queue please!

They charge £14.99 for internet. :( unless you are Gold or Diamond HH.

Room is clean, bed is great and shower was decent power and hot. There was a noise in the room, high pitched whine that I could not stop so ear plugs had to go in.

Had access to Exec. Lounge and had most of a meal there from what was on offer. Staff were very good.

Heathrow could do with more competition for on-airport hotels linked to the terminals, it would get the standards up from "doing what we need to" to "wow - this is great".

I would stay again for an early flight from T4, but that is the only reason to stay for me.

Room Tip: Higher floor, inside rooms away from reception seem the quietest.
1  Thank Seven22

Dear Seven22

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us and found the location of the hotel to be just right.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Slow, not clean, little fresh air, renovating. Only stay here if you have to. Six minutes walking distance of terminal 4. Bathroom with fungus, carpet old and not clean. They are renovating though, so demand for the new room with a working airco (mine didn't work so I moved to another one that was not renovated yet but.. with a working airco).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Hein D

Dear Hein D

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the bathroom and air conditioning have been noted and this is something we will look into. We do have an ongoing programme to upgrade all our bedrooms and we do hope you will enjoy one of these on your next stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just for 1 night on way to Thailand. The hotel is lovely.all the staff were fantastic..room was good,clean...breakfast was amazingly good...we even had a golf cart to take us straight into the terminal.
Well done Hilton. Professional as ever.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alfromkent

Dear alfromkent

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here on my way back to Australia, with an 9.15am flight, I picked the Hilton for its location. Made the morning of getting to the airport (Being a 6minute walk to the correct terminal) and checking in and getting to the flight gate very easy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Amanda H

Dear Amanda H

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location just right.

Perhaps when you go travelling again we will have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed overnight in this Hilton and were not let down! The service was great, especially the supervisor lady in the morning, breakfast met the famous Hilton standard. The room is a good size, check in was quick and efficient. Of course very convenient access to Terminal 4, would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eniko86

Dear Eniko86

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was at the Hilton Terminal 4 hotel for 2 nights, attending business meetings there for 2 days. The experience was correct for a 4 stars hotel but not extraordinary.

The hotel is at the other end of the airport (especially if you don't fly in/out from Terminal 4). If you want to exercise a little bit there is a 10 minutes walkway from Terminal 4 (it is not heated so still quite cold in beginning of March). Or you can take a shuttle (not straightforward to find in Terminal 4).

The reception is nice and quite quick. The speed is however reached because they didn't explain to me simple things like breakfast (when? where?). But you can see their beautiful atrium. If you arrive at night, all lights on give a good atmosphere.

The room is nice, well furnished. The bathroom is clean, cleaned everyday. The furniture seem a bit outdated but very comfortable. Although close to the airport and highways connecting it, rooms are very well insulated against noise, the bed if very comfortable, I slept very well. But ... there is no free wifi in the rooms! Of course my company paid for it but I don't understand why make people's life complicated (entering password at each connection) when one already pays a substantial amount for the room itself.

Breakfast is good, with enough choice. A bit like my overall feeling: ok but not extraordinary for a 4 stars.

Meeting rooms are a bit small when you are at nearly full capacity. But the audioconferencing system works fine - that's a good point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left (when facing reception) are opposite the airport and give on the hightway. However...
1  Thank jepoirrier
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear jepoirrier

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport by commenting on TripAdviser. We use the comments together with those on other social media channels to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your comments are self explanatory and advise you had a relatively good stay, should there be anything you wish to share, I'd be happy to hear from you so we can implement .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
2 mi away
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!