“Disappointed by this stay”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
La Jolla, California
“Disappointed by this stay”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel and was looking forward to this stay as it was Maundy Thursday and was looking forward o getting home for Christmas. I had pre-booked a room (prepaid) and was offered an upgrade to the executive level which included access to the lounge (for a fee). The lady at reception was very helpful. She also mentioned they were working on the side of the building where I was staying but the noise would cease within 20 minutes.

I was allocated room 504, and did not hear any noise. The aroma on the floor and the room was very pleasant. It was much smaller than the room I had previously and did not have the upgraded amenities even though I had paid for an upgraded room. But I was only staying one night so although disappointed - not a deal breaker (but did think to myself will not be paying for the upgrade next time).

The room had a double bed that took up most of the space with little room for my luggage. There was an arm chair and small table. Tea and coffee making ability - and UHT milks - love that touch in London. There was also a room safe in the cupboard. Clean and functional and was glad that they had not allocated me a room overlooking the foyer (see previous review).

The room looked out over a town and the view was quite pretty, but then I looked at the window - mouldy and dirty is the only way to describe the disgusting sight in the windows. Do not know the last time they had cleaned in between the windows but it was a wild growing petri dish! As it was only one night trusted the sealing on the windows worked well as the last thing I wanted was an asthma attack.

The bathroom was clean and had the usual soap, shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. It was a combined bath/shower. The cupboard contained two gowns and sets of slippers (I did not use them but nice to know they are there, especially if you are staying for a few hours between flights).

As part of the upgrade fee - internet was included and this worked fine during my stay.

I also went to the lounge - lovely, hot tea. I went back down for the happy hour and enjoyed a nice glass of red wine and lamb kofta snack. The lounge was very full and one Australian couple objected to me sitting in the spare seat at their table - a very nice Canadian lady offered to share her table (and the chairs were more comfortable lounge chairs). The issue of the Australian couple (and I am an Aussie) was not the fault of the hotel - just an unpleasant experience. I had a book to read so it is not as if they were going to have to talk to me. They ensured no one else sat in that spare seat as well. I ended up have a great conversation with the Canadian lady.

The convenience factor if you arrive or leave out of Terminal 4 cannot be beaten since it is a quick 5 minute undercover walk to the terminal. I can walk to the terminal, check-in with my luggage and return to the room. Check-out is always smooth as you can do the expedited check-out and they leave the bill under your door the morning you are leaving.

I will stay at this hotel again, but will probably not pay for the upgrade again.

The hotel really should check the cleanliness of the windows in Room 504, and advise you to avoid Room 504 until they clean away the dirt and mould.

Room Tip: Avoid room 504 until the dirt and mould is cleaned from the windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AussieNarelle
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear AussieNarelle

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I have copied your comments to our Rooms division Manager and also to our Maintenance Manager so that they can rectify the observations made by you.

Should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for one night as I missed my connecting flight to Boston. The staff were very friendly and always have a smile on their faces. The room was clean and had the necessary amenities needed, but the room was pretty small though. Had dinner at Oscar's - the fish and chips were disappointing but the lamb shank was great. And most importantly, the hotel is about 5-10 min walk away from Terminal 4 which makes it very convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear tunawhiskas

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

From your comments I understand that food preparation for you, was a slight issue. Our Head Chef has been made aware of your comments and will review this accordingly. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Grantown On spey Scotland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Arrived off long flight.

At check in asked do we want upgrade, do we want champagne breakfast, do we want to book dinner. Actually I am tired and want to get to my room.

Got to room. Small is an understatement. Air con not working.

Called twice over 25 minute period. Engineer arrived and finally sorted.

Beds awful. The sleeper bed on the A320 in business class was more comfortable.

£14.95 for WIFI is just a complete rip off.

Bathroom scant and very small.

Room Tip: Try elsewhere !!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear pwd1690

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and so I can look into this in more depth, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it.

To ensure your message reaches me, can you kindly respond on :- sumills@hilton.com

I thank you in advance and in the meantime, I wish you a pleasant evening with kind regards
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a fantastic way to start a short break as it takes the hassle and stress out of travelling to the airport to catch a flight for a specific time. The hotel is situated 6 mins walk to T4 and it provided a wonderful experience for the family in a friendly and clean environment. Internet was really good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Peter S

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had a day layover in London, so ended up staying at the Hilton in the airport. Worked out great for us. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Food and service was okay. Great choice compared to staying in central London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sonny D

Thank you for your review. We were pleased you enjoyed your stay and you felt we were a top score. Keep travelling safely and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stay in many hotels. Quite genuinely I received some of the best service I have ever experienced in a UK hotel. It was exceptional. Also It was quite evident this was the culture in the hotel. Well done and many thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 337sherifg

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Liberty, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed here multiple times, generally when connecting in LHR between other countries. I feel very welcome at this hotel. They have Boddington's on tap at the bar! The location is great when flying in/out of Heathrow. The breakfast is well-stocked, fresh, and quick. The health club is fairly small but functional, with a good assortment of weight training equipment as well. I have found the staff to be quite friendly and efficient. The lodging rate is high enough that I likely would not stay here on a personal trip, but the location when on business can't be beat. I will stay here again on my next business flight connection in London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dan A

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and to the Brand. We look forward to welcoming you again when we can you are next passing through Heathrow on business.

In the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!