“Perfect in Every Way” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Ellenton, Florida
“Perfect in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Have used various Hilton hotels over the years but the first time here. Was just perfect. Great check in experience and my requests were met in full. Spotless room and a wonderful breakfast. All the staff we met were a real credit to Hilton name. Close to airport but no noise from aircraft.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Neil-KAG

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose the Hilton at Heathrow's T4 for an overnight stopover between international flights last September. The best thing about this hotel is the location. We took the covered walkway from T4 to the hotel. Very convenient, but also a bit long and tiring dragging or luggage along, and on a warm September evening, the passage was also quite hot in stretches. We hadnt known about the hotel's free buggy ride at that time, but we made sure we took it on the way back and it was a breeze! Check-in was quick and smooth, and the lobby area was quite grand with a lot of activity in the bar area, which however did not disturb us in the guest room, despite the multi-level atrium ceiling over the lobby. The room was comfortable with 2 Queen beds and a large picture window that gave us a stunning view of planes taking off literally into the sunset. The room was very quiet and peaceful. We particularly appreciated the large ice machine at one end of the corridor, and the room service dinner - to complement our chilled duty free drinks - was substantial and very tasty. Another good feature was that the plug points could accommodate a variety of international plugs, so we could charge all our electronic devices overnight. No free wifi though, which was really the only negative .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AgeOfAquarius
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear AgeOfAquarius

Thnk you for posting a comment on TripAdviser. I did respond following your stay with us but upon checking the log it appears my response did not get forwarded to you.

We are always pleased to read feedback from our guests and while I know it is some time since you stayed with us I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post on tripadviser.

Kind regards
Greer, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed 1 night before flight. Postage stamp sized room with camp cot bed. Unless flying out of Terminal 4 or with little luggage - forget it! Took cab to Terminal 3. Had several requests when making reservation - none fulfilled.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear bill f

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for these disappointments, however your comments do not disclose the actual problem. If you have a moment I would be grateful if you could email me to let me know in order that we may address any issues to ensure they do not happen in the future.

Please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Good check in experience, staff are pleasant and helpful. Room was nice and breakfast for us was included and had an excellent choice of English or Continental. We took the golf cart ride to the terminal in the morning. Location is about 20-35 pound taxi ride to Windsor. Well worth it to go explore the restaurants there and see the castle and river.

Room Tip: Our room was 305 it overlooks reception inside the hotel. Renovations are going on outside so it'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victoria G, Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport, which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your comments are self explanatory and advise you had a relatively good stay, should there be anything you wish to share, I'd be happy to hear from you so we can implement.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Seattle, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

When we checked in, we were offered a full breakfast on a promotional rate of over $30 US dollars each. The normal rate was closer to $40 each. The dining room was average, the food was average and the service might have been a bit above average, but none of this justifies over $30 each for a Shari's type breakfast. You also have to pay for transportation to and from the airport. The Hilton does not offer their own bus or reimburse you for your fare.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Should you wish to contact me in relation to any further specifics retrospectively, I'd be happy to hear from you so I can investigate on your behalf.

I am sorry to learn that you found us expensive and would like to assure you that we do conduct frequent checks to ensure that all prices remain in-line with our competitor hotels in our local area. We do have a wide range of rates available including those inclusive and exclusive of VAT / Breakfast/ Dinner and parking and I am sorry that you were not fully aware of this when making your reservation. I do hope next time around, you are able to take advantage of our promotional rates which I hasten to add do require advance purchase as opposed to being available last minute.

Please allow me to assure you that we do have lots of guests who leave us feeling relaxed, refreshed and without incident and often those who remark on value for money and I am sorry you were not one of them. May I thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to being able to welcome you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Course not old by English standards. We spent a night on our way home to the states from cruising.

Conveniently located at the airport...however took awhile and 9 pounds exact change to get the right bus. (59). We did not find any free shuttle. There are two Hiltons at the airport so remember to take the directions.Heathrow is more like a city than an airport,

Hotel is gorgeous to look at and staff over the top nice. Exchanged money, arranged cab for the next day and a wake up call and all our crazy questions with patience grace and style. We had a double on the top floor with a few issues that I'm sure will be addressed by staff

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Patter101

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. You do however mention that there were a few issues which could be dealt with. Could you let me have further information regarding this perhaps the date of your stay and the name of the guest who made the reservation.

Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel is placed in a resonable position for a one night stay before flying out. Great for T4 departures, but not that good for others. Staff are friendly and helpful and made sure our 4yr old got some small gifts. Food and accommodation is excellent and the pool was a hit with the young one. 2 complaints, first was that the baby cot did not have a mattress at all and would not be very comfortable for an infant to sleep on a piece of hardboard. We added pillows to the cot to provide some padding. Hotel had nothing to offer that would help us. When trying to book a taxi to T3 from the hotel, the associated taxi company did not provide child seats. I think the Hilton should encourage them to do so. We managed via the walkway and Heathrow Express from T4, but not everybody may be able to do so if you have lots of luggage and more than 1 child.

Still not sure why as a paying customer you should not enjoy free WIFI access, whether a blue, silver or gold hhonors member or not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mike B

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel. Your comments are of concern and would like to further these with you as thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!