“Excellent hotel for night before a flight”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel for night before a flight”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I needed to stay at Heathrow as I had an early morning flight. I've stayed in other Heathrow hotels before but due to the need to drop off a hire car I wanted one connected to the airport this time to save me having to get the car hire shuttle bus followed by the hotel hopper. Choice was either this Hilton hotel or the Sofitel connected to T5. Although travelling from T5 I chose the Hilton as it was half the price!! Upon arrival I was greeted with a very warm welcome. I had a room on the Hilton Honours floor and was very impressed. The room was clean, tidy and modern, I think the hotel has just been refurbished so it seemed like new. Will definitely stay here again next time I need an overnight hotel at Heathrow, just for the sheer convenience of it being located inside the airport. For T4 you just walk across the link bridge, for T1, 2, 3 you walk the link bridge then get the free train to Heathrow Central and for T5 there is a dedicated Hopper Bus that takes 5-10 mins.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TDW_Travels
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear TDW_Travels

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived the day prior and had an early flight the next morning. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly and welcoming. Rooms were clean and comfortable, good for a fast overnight. Best part of the hotel is that you can walk directly to Terminal 4, very convenient, and you avoid the need to use an overpriced shuttle van. Wifi only in public area, and it was not stable/reliable. Had much better quality at a small hotel in Romania, and that was inside the room and it was free there. Overall we were pleased and found it to be fine for an overnight. We got a good and quiet night's sleep before the flight, I'd not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobNewYorkCity
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear AirlineGuyNYC

Su.mills@hilton.com
Kawasaki, Japan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is located just next to Terminal4 which makes your airport access easier. Also it is nice to shoot aircraft photo of RWY09 departure at front area of the hotel. Access to another terminal is easy to go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Toshihiko T
Dear Toshihiko T

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have stayed here several times over the years and have found it convenient and of good quality. With unique architecture, it is located near terminal 4 and connected to the terminal by way of a convenient walkway. The staff have always been helpful, the rooms clean, and the food in the restaurant quite good. On our last visit, renovations were going on in some of the rooms. After a tiring long flight, we wanted to rest but were awoken to the sound of drilling (I think I was dreaming about being in the dentist's chair getting a root canal). We were moved to another room but we found the rooms not to be as clean as in the past. We hope not but we are wondering of this hotel is on the decline?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brian790
Dear brian790

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with our cleaning,our Housekeeping Manager has been made aware and will review accordingly.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

In the past I have always enjoyed staying at this hotel in my travels. As a diamond member of Hilton, I had always enjoyed an upgrade to the executive floor, the cafe used to have reasonable food at okay prices, and the executive lounge had okay wine and pretty good snacks. In the past weeks I stayed three times as I was travelling in Europe. The first time I was put in a room that was in an area where they were painting - too tired to fuss with the smell - but then also drilling. There's nothing like the sound of a drill after 10 hours in economy on Air Canada. Crawled out of bed and asked to move - was moved into a very shabby room - quiet but dirty carpets etc. Second time, i got a refurbished room but someone had forgotten to clean up the bathroom - bits of drywall and paint all over the floor. Third time back to a shabby room with an even dirtier carpet. Cafe menu had changed and prices were way up - over $20.00 for a hamburger. Executive lounge wine now barely drinkable and snacks not nearly as nice.
Am not sure why this property is in such a state - too bad she aint what she used to be.

Room Tip: Rooms either face onto the atrium or the outside - if you like light and privacy ask for an outside...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear novascotiakate

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and so I can look into this in more depth, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it.

To ensure your message reaches me, can you kindly respond on :- su.mills@hilton.com

I thank you in advance and in the meantime, I wish you a pleasant evening with kind regards

With regards and thanks,
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is a typical Hilton fare. The advantage is the location down a corridor in Terminal 4 at Heathrow International. The staff is friendly and the breakfast buffet was satisfactory and opens at 5:00 am. The bathrooms are a tad old and the water temperature was difficult to control.

My one complaint is that the lounge closed too early.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Dawn F

Your comment regarding the hours for the Executive Loungeare noted and we frequently review the hours for the Lounge so thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the breakfast and perhaps when you next stay with us we can offer you one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Hilton situated close outside heathrow terminal 4 is a very convinient place to stay. Walking distance through a sheltered waljway from trrminal 4. When they say sound proofed rooms they indeed were. Friendly staff and good amenities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Milind T

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!