“Decent airport Hilton with executive lounge and newly renovated rooms”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here one night prior to my flight back to the US. It's at terminal 4 but expect a 5 minute walk through a walkway to the terminal. I had a flight out of T2 so I had to take a taxi from the hotel to T2. Could have walked it and then two trains to T2 but had a bunch of luggage and did not want to haul it through all those trains. My room was recently renovated in a modern theme. It included a black and white light dot map of Europe on the wall as "art" and a stocked minibar, new carpet and furniture. The new carpet was a problem because the fibers had clogged my AC filter and the AC was not working well. A call to the front desk brought Stewart up who knew what the problem was and fixed it. Executive lounge is on the first floor and spacious. Lounge staff was very helpful. Standard Hilton breakfast in the first floor of the hotel. This hotel is an Atrium style property and my room had a window looking down into the hotel rather than to the exterior. It was non-operable. Overall a good value for London if you are on a fixed budget and flying out of LHR in the morning (or getting in late in the evening). I would stay here again should the situation warrant it. The only other slightly annoying glitch was that checkin was slow due to a system problem and I did not realize I could checkin at the lounge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mybusinesstraveller2
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear businesstraveller2

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

We are really pleased with our newly refurbished rooms and I am sorry that the new carpet fibres caused a problem with the air conditioning. I have advised our Maintenance Manager that you experienced a problem so that he can check the other rooms.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

A vast improvement over 3 months ago, reception staff efficient this time, quick and easy to check in, had an executive room and was put into the newly refurbished room on 3rd floor. Very nicely decorated, and glad they have gotten rid of that dated wood effect look. Executive lounge nice and quiet, lots of snacks and drinks available, only slight disappointment was put on the south side and prefer the north, but the room made up for it. Pre ordered some snacks for arrival and they were delivered to my room half and hour after my arrival
Still my favourite hotel due to its location. All in all a better stay than last time, looking forward to my return shortly

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear emirates123

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Recently spent one night at the Hotel after arriving back in London from other points in the UK and needing to catch a flight the next morning back to the US. The hotel staff were very good. While the hotel is connected to Terminal 4, I became a bit worried when I realized our flight would now be going out of Terminal 2 which is a bit of a jaunt from Terminal 4 at Heathrow. The hotel happily lined up a taxi for our family of 4 and luggage pile and we had no problem getting to the proper terminal.
Additionally the bar and restaurant in the lobby was very good for having Drinks and the meal we had there was very good. Hotel wise, the room was clean, air conditioned and quiet. Overall a good choice for Heathrow and a very good Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel200855

Dear Travel200855

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Within walking distance from Heathrow Terminal 4 (8 minutes according to the signs), this hotel is a great place for an overnight stay before your flight from any of the terminals - they used to have a free transfer to Terminal 5 but this has now changed to a Hoppa Bus which charges a fee. However, you can go back to Terminal 4 and use the underground trains to get to any of the terminals. The rooms are a the basic / standard size for Europe but are okay for just an overnight before your flight. The Executive Floor is still listed as the 5th floor, but the Executive Lounge was moved to the ground floor -- and is in a better, more roomier location than when it was on the fifth floor. There are also a couple of good restaurants too - a great buffet restaurant and an Asian themed restaurant which I have visited a few times too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear srwemail

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked this through FHR and felt that we had a good deal. The hotel itself is easy to find (okay, I did use my GPS). Check-in was efficient and friendly and we were soon up to the room having parked the car across the road (part of the deal). Be warned extra days are charged at £20. We had an inward facing room with an impressive view of the atrium, and very comfortable and quiet. The hotel is connected directly to T4 by a (mostly) covered walkway, which is a little bit longer than that at Gatwick, but not insurmountable for the majority of travellers. If you are a little 'wobbly' on your feet or have oodles of luggage it could be a bit of a problem, but the good news is that if you ask at the front desk/concierge, they will give you lift in their buggy. We didn't use the hotel restaurants as we had a wander around the terminal and ate while we were there, but what we saw looked lovely. If you're flying out from T4 this is a great place to start your holiday and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilNorwich
Shaun M, Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear PhilNorwich

shaun.moore@hilton.com

Kind Regards

Shaun Moore
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is right at Terminal 4, so you can walk to the train to get between terminals. This makes it very predictable on what time you should wake since there's no chance your Taxi won't show up. The restaurant area is ok, but surprisingly all of my fellow travelers really like the fish n chips. It's actually pretty good. Rooms are a little dated, and everyone is there on business due to the location and the price. By the way, the Hilton at Terminal 5 does require a Taxi, so make sure you get the right one if you do want to pay for the convenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mike H

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and that your colleagues enjoyed the fish and chips.

Transfers between the terminals is very convenient from our hotel and many of our guests use the Heathrow Connect free train shuttle.

I wish you a pleasant week and remain for now with kind regards
Su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel has a great executive lounge which is very calm and well laid out. The rooms are small, with small bathrooms too. The breakfast in the main hall is frantic so eat in the lounge if you have access to it.

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proof and well away from any lifts or lounge noise