“Wow! Guest service.”

GreenLeadersGold level
DFW Texas
“Wow! Guest service.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hilton T4 several times, but was truly impressed with the service on my last visit. The ladies at reception were all smiling and efficiently processed my arrival. Checkout was even better - and that was at 6AM. Then since the Executive Lounge didn't open until later and I had an early flight, I was able to enjoy breakfast in the restaurant (which begins serving at 5AM). I was greeted with a smile, my coffee was kept hot, and checked on frequently. Even the omelet chef was pleasant and cheerful. Overall it was a delightful stay. By the way, the hotel is remodeling the guest rooms and most of the changes are nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Su M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear ProfCoop

How lovely to read your review on Tripadviser. Your kind comments regarding the staff here at London Heathrow Airport will be forwarded to them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel so that you can enjoy another sample of our excellent service and food.

kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

You could not choose a better hotel for an overnight stay when traveling from Heathrow. The staff was professional and efficient. The food service was excellent. The facilities were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank John C
Dear John C

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Chose this hotel because it advertised a "shuttle" to the airport - however, failed to mention it charges a fee to take you. Most airport hotels I've been too offer free shuttle service.

You can get to the airport for free - 15 minute walk to terminal 4, then take a tube train to the terminal you need. Added about half hour to the trip.

Also - why don't business hotels like this offer FREE wifi. When inquired I was told free wifi only in the lobby. The clerk failed to mention I needed a code. So I was charged for it. When I challenged the charge was "scolded" by the check-out clerk. Not a pleasant experience.

And the bathroom smelled. So, no, would not recommend.

Room Tip: If you go DO NOT purchase the shuttle service at the machine next to the concierge desk. We purchase...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear mooshka19

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The room was very good with all amenitites and it's the perfect location if your flights depart from Terminal 4. My only reservation was the awful Hilton Classic Burger that I had for dinner, downstairs in the restaurant. I had to wait over half an hour, the meat patty was cold and the burger contained 2 pieces of ordinary lettuce and two pieces of dead tomato. Certainly not worth the 16 Pound price tag. But to the hotel's credit, I did not pay for the burger and only 2 glasses of wine. Very polite and accommodating staff. Maybe it was an off day for the chef but how can you wreck a burger?????

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 2013shak
Dear 2013shak

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with regard to your burger but am pleased to see that our staff were able to compensate you in this regard. Nevertheless the burger should not have been presented to you in the manner you describe for which we apologise.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We upgraded to an executive room which included use of executive lounge, drinks and snacks in the evening and breakfast in the executive lounge. Our room was lovely, and the drinks and snacks very good, although closing at 8.30 was a bit early, 9pm would have been better. Staff in the bars were very friendly. Overall we were happy with the hotel and the staff and service.However having paid extra for an upgrade the breakfast service provided by the upgrade was not of a very good quality, as follows -

The breakfast in the executive lounge had some serious issues. The orange juice was awful - it tasted as if it had been watered down in a ratio of 1 part juice to 10 parts water. There was no suitable bread for toast - even when asked for. The coffee from the machine was terrible. We did mention these things to the receptionist when we checked out, and she just said sorry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Roseananne

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

From your comments I understand that food in the Executive Lounge was a slight issue. Our Head Chef has been made aware of your comments and will review this accordingly. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
chattanooga, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The rooms were clean and tidy. All of the amenities were well stocked. Very convenient location for anyone traveling from Terminal 4. Unfortunately the Front desk concierge / desk Staff appeared to be bored with their jobs and only going through the motions. When we entered the hotel absolutely no one offered to help with our luggage, we had six suitcases. Also, on our departure day, no one , once again, offered to help us with the luggage, we obviously were struggling with.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Cecilia L
Dear Cecilia L

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us and this said, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay which will very much identify colleagues on duty at the time so I can show them firsthand the repercussions of actions.

Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Spent one night as a I flew in for a customer meeting. Reception staff was very friendly, got a refurbished room on the HHONORS floors which was great - clean, spacious, great design and fast and free wi-fi.
The stay was rather on the expensive side, with breakfast for 12 GBP and a regular burger & fries in the in-room dining menu for 19GBP. But otherwise - great place and excellent choice if you have a Heathrow layover (and on a company expense :))

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton HHONORS - Try getting on of the refurbished rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear yarivz

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!