“Good option for Hesthrow”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Sudbury, MA
“Good option for Hesthrow”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

After a disappointing experience at the ”Terminal 5” (not!) Hilton, we decided to stay at the terminal 4 Hilton on the way back. I used to stay there a lot in prior years before they relocated many flights from 4 to 5. It was pretty much what I remembered. Business class hotel with reasonable rooms, good selection of restaurants, and no need to hop on a bus to get there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Su M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear mix579

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us and welcome back..

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It can't get much more convenient to terminal 4 at Heathrow Airport in London than the Hilton. Staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel itself has been updated so that it is technologically advanced particularly in the bathroom. The shower can compete with most people's personal residence. We have chosen this hotel before while in transit and would not stay anywhere else when needing to be near the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Su M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Vernon H

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Surrey, England
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We repeated a visit from 12 months ago to avoid the M25 for an early flight. We were in an executive room. Plenty big enough for 1 night, nicely decorated and finished. Very clean. Great shower, walk in, easy to operate and powerful. Staff at check in all very good. We ate at Oscars again and the food quality was better than last time. Still expensive for what it is/you get but it is London and Heathrow. Service a bit slow, don't seem to have quite enough staff on but they are friendly and overall a better experience than a year ago. We could not use the express train from T4 to T3 due to it being a Sunday and early flight and trains start later. However, don't worry about that, a locally booked mini cab is only £1 more than the Hoppa bus for 2 people from all the hotels on the A4 so location is good and easy to get to any terminal at the exact time you want. Double glazing excellent, no road or airport noise so sleep good. Will use this hotel again.

Dear chrian

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport by commenting on TripAdviser. We use the comments together with those on other social media channels to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your comments are self explanatory and advise you had a relatively good stay and meal at our Oscars restaurant, should there be anything you wish to share, I'd be happy to hear from you so we can implement .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The original Heathrow Hilton is situated at the end of terminal four which is now a bit run down but the hotel is very easy to get to by underground or tube and is only a short walk from either train. The accommodation is very modern and the ambiance fine for a pre flight stay. It is easy to get to terminals 1 to 3 but it is necessary to take a bus to terminal 5.

I would recommend paying the extra for an executive room as it gives access to a very good lounge with free drinks and snacks and a very rapid breakfast service.
The staff are very helpful and it makes a good start to long flights

Room Tip: see above, go for an execute room. Wi fi is free in on the lounge to BT clients
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear BobS26_13

Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight home following a three week stay in England. We were exhausted when we arrived and our room was ready even though we arrived a couple of hours early. The facility is expensive but within range of other airport hotels. The reception staff and concierge were great, welcoming, helpful, and friendly. The staff at Oscars, the coffee shop/cafe were great too and the food was good. The only downside was the cleanliness of our room. It just didn't have that typical Hilton sparkle we've come to expect. The bathroom floor had obviously not been mopped nor was the shower spotless. Long hairs ( not ours!) were seen on the floor around the bathroom sink and the shower wall had not been cleaned. Other than that, it was very comfortable and relaxing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear RuthAnne52

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom and our Head of Housekeeping is ensuring that the supervisors and double checking the rooms to ensure that such a drop in standard of cleanliness does not happen again.

Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

OK, I've been here hundreds of times (literally) and it's a perfect hotel for buisness travelers - ones who can afford the extraordinary price per night for the rooms (>£200/night?)... and as a leisure traveller I'd never stay here for that price, but they're starting to remodel the rooms - they're much nicer - fresher, and much more contemporary - not sure how far they've got, the rooms on the ground floor are complete (Rooms # 100-140) - so ask for those if possible. Didn't eat dinner there (they're working hard to keep the diners in house), but I may try that next time.
So.... much better rooms, same expensive price (generally) and best location at Heathrow. Nuff said.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dhavekost

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had never stayed at this Hilton at terminal 4 before. The one at Terminal 5 was excellent, but Delta leaves from terminal 4 so this was more direct as it was "connected'. As we found out, connected meant a 15 minute walk from hotel to terminal, but that was ok.

First appearance is a cool looking hotel. Nice greeting. Very helpful young man at the concierge desk.He brought luggage up to the rooms. (He will play a later part - stay tuned.)They seemed nice. Looked clean. Very comfortable bed. Modern room.

All went well until the dinner. We were shuttled to the left hand side of the restaurant where no one else was sitting. As we walked in someone came up and complained to the restaurant manager that they hadn't been served yet. Not a good sign.

Cliff note version here: the waitress came over. he seemed nice, but then it hit us: OMG, the stench of body odour. I don't mean just a whiff, I mean a cloud that came back with her every time she came to the table. The smell was nauseating. We ordered our main course. An hour later still no food. The waitress kept coming back to update us, bringing her BO cloud back every time. Two mins.....turned into 12 minutes after the last update. The fries were hot. The steak cold. The vegetables warm, the chicken needed a steak knife to cut it. The whole time during this meal, the manager kept looking at us, but never came over. 105 mins now, I got up and went to talk with the manager. She said the waitress was new (so you would have thought that the manager might have watched her and helped her), the food was slow and bad and the waitress smelled. All we got was "I am sorry". Went back to the table. Manager came over 15 minutes later and says that she has taken 2 glasses of wine off the bill. I say thank you and noticed that the service charge was still on the bill. That was taken off too. We did leave the waitress a cash tip because I am sure she was trying, just without guidance or deodorant.

HORRIBLE.

The night sleep was fine. Circle back to the beginning and the same concierge man picked up our luggage and offered to take us to the terminal in the golf cart. I suggest everyone take the golf cart.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel that looks out onto the airport and not the roadway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alan B

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us and this said, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay which will very much identify colleagues on duty at the time so I can show them firsthand the repercussions of actions both for service and food quality.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!