“Not that convenient”

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Not that convenient”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Its far from Terminal 4 and they do not provide any bus transportation. Otherwise average but what do you expect from an airport hotel .... except convenience which this once does not have. Hilton Paddington is probably closer

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
GOLD COAST
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My wife and I arrived at 5.30am after a long flight from Australia. We were allocated a room immediately by a very efficient staff member. The room was excellent and maintained the high standard and usual ammenities set by the Hilton. Breakfast also offered a great choice and staff were quick to deliver coffee etc. to the many business travellers. Overall a very pleasant experience after a long journey. Well done!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tolhurst
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I flew into London in the morning and did not fly out until later in the evening. As a result, I was booked into a day room at the Hilton. It was a bit expensive, at 100 pounds for the day. I am not sure if I got a better rate or not, but I did not ask.

I ate breakfast at the lower price restaurant and was pleased with my English breakfast. They had a more expensive area to order food, but 19 pounds for an english breakfast is a bit too much, even for London!

The room was clean and it was quiet. I enjoyed a good nap before I ventured into London for a bit of sightseeing before my flight. I had no issues with the hotel and I like how close it is to the airport.

From your gate, it is not extremely close for it will take a 10-15 min walk but it is good exercise after being cramped in an airplane for many hours.

Overall, I thought it was worth it. If I were traveling on my own leisure time, I would book the room. I have seen the rooms here combined with airfare for much cheaper since it is so far from the city center. I am not sure I would recommend this hotel for that type of travel, but for a quick hotel stay before one's next flight, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank David K
Bermuda
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed at Hilton Heathrow along with a large group in transit to Singapore. Check in was easy enough. We'd just flown in on an overnight flight so we were most interested in sleeping when we arrived. We had a day rate and were able to go directly to our rooms upon check in. The rooms were fine - a bit small for my husband & I, but pretty standard for UK rooms I think. After a nice midday nap, we ate luch in the restaurant, which was pretty good. We checked out at 6pm in time for our night flight out to Singapore. One member of our party needed assistance getting to the terminal, and she was wisked away in a cart. The rest of us pushed our luggage carts on the relatively short walk to the terminal.

All in all, Hilton was adequate for our needs. If I had another overnight flight from Heathrow, I would more than likely stay here again.

New York
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Due to the fact I was in transit with a flight next morning, I decided to stay at the Hilton Heathrow. I arrived at terminal 5. After walking quite a bit, take the elevator down to the train. Had to take the train from terminal 5 to terminal 1,2,3,. From there wait for another train to terminal 4. Like that wasn't enough, take the elevator to the departure lounge and walk through a tunel for a little more than a 1/4 of a mile. I messured it on the google. It took me longer and lots of sweat to get here than if I would have chosen to take the Heatrow express to Paddington's Hilton. If you have luggage or has problems with long walking, don't do the same mistake. I am not too fussy with the rooms. However, this one (room 233) overlooks the restaurant, bar and the swimming pool two floors down. I could not keep my curtain open at all. The restaurant is just a floor below. I could probably even read the menu from my window (almost). It takes shorter time to transfer from Paddington Station to the airport than from the Hilton Heathrow to your terminal. BIG MISTAKE. I took a pick at the spa, and it was really poor, small and old.

Belfast
Reviewed 15 April 2009

There's nothing wrong with the rather expensive Heathrow Hilton, as long as you don't mind paying a premium and don't actually want to stay anywhere near an airport. It's 30 minutes train and walk, or £15 in a taxi away from terminals 1-3, and you have to pay for the basics you'd expect in any decent 4 or 5 star hotel - such as the email, priniting etc. And don't forget, the business centre closes at 7pm, which is handy if you're arriving on an international flight!

Boomlington
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Airport hotel are always a little bit old and stale... The Hilton Heathrow is the best one that I have ever seen, polite staff and clean facilities. If I add the easy access to Terminal 2 where I was flying from, I would recomand this hotel strongly. The reception helped me to reschedule my flight last minute and they dealt with very professionally.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!