“Smooth operator”

GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, NC
“Smooth operator”
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We stayed here prior to an early morning flight. Got a good price by booking thru Hilton's 800- number. At check in, everything was smooth and easy. Hotel is light, bright, airy, and modern. Very clean everywhere. As HHonors members, we got the priority floor and the lounge was nice but crowded. Room was not large, but very well appointed. Bathroom just excellent. Staff was top notch, and very helpful. Buffet dinner in the main restaurant was fine but next time I would order off the menu. They gave us good instructions for getting around the airport, dropping our rental, etc. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I have travelled to over 60 countries in 30 years. Gold with Hyatt, Platinum Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn, Silver Marriott, and until recently, Diamond Hilton.

I had several hundred thousand points in my Honors Diamond account, with a reservation paid with nearly 100,000 points as well.

After a stay at Heathrow Hilton (T4), they charged me $225 for a "Doctor's consultation" which NEVER happend (a bellhop slid 12 capsules of Immodium under my door). I disputed the charge with both the hotel an credit card (which I won).

Hilton then declared me a rude guest and unilaterally cancelled my account, removed all my points, stripped my Diamond status, cancelled the pre-paid reservation . . . . . and rather unbelievably - threatened me with criminal trespassing should I ever enter any of their worldwide properties.

I hired an attorney an he said they can do what they want due to small print rules . . . . and then his fees . . . . so goodbye Hilton.

Readers shoul know I have a M.Phil in Moral Philosophy from St. Andrews University and am currently Vice President in charge of global business development for a major exporter.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR "LOYALTY PROGRAMS" !!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
7 Thank craigr22
London
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Stayed here for a night in April. Booked an exectuive floor room with lounge access and breakfast included in the rate.

Ten minute wait to check in (the exectuive lounge check in wasn't manned) but the receptionist apologised. Nice room and they have recently been renovated now with a walk in shower which looks nice.

Lounge staff and facilities were good with a nice selection of snacks in the evening. We decided to have some food in the 24 restaurant. We ordered a burger and some indian nibble. Took over 40 minutes to arrive and everytime we tried to get someones attention they just ignored us. When food arrived the indian nibbles were all burnt. We then spent 15 minutes trying to find someone to take the food back. What was more concerning was that the staff didn't bother to say sorry.

Bed was comfy, airconditioning worked well, good selection of TV and the shower was good.

In the morning we had a couple of hours so grabbed a coffee in the executive lounge which had a small selection of breakfast food (with some eggs and sausages). We headed down to the buffet and waited 5 minutes to be seated even though there was only about 6 tables occupied. We asked for some coffee and then went to the buffet. Breakfast selection was good and good quality. We returned to the table and no coffee so asked again and was told it was on its way. Ten minutes later we asked again and was told it would be just a minute. We finally gave up.

There's a free shuttle to T5 which is good because location wise (with only a handful of flights from terminal 4 now) its a long walk to T4 then a walk to the HEX/Connect to T1-3 and then a good walk to each of the terminals.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Its far from Terminal 4 and they do not provide any bus transportation. Otherwise average but what do you expect from an airport hotel .... except convenience which this once does not have. Hilton Paddington is probably closer

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
GOLD COAST
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My wife and I arrived at 5.30am after a long flight from Australia. We were allocated a room immediately by a very efficient staff member. The room was excellent and maintained the high standard and usual ammenities set by the Hilton. Breakfast also offered a great choice and staff were quick to deliver coffee etc. to the many business travellers. Overall a very pleasant experience after a long journey. Well done!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tolhurst
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I flew into London in the morning and did not fly out until later in the evening. As a result, I was booked into a day room at the Hilton. It was a bit expensive, at 100 pounds for the day. I am not sure if I got a better rate or not, but I did not ask.

I ate breakfast at the lower price restaurant and was pleased with my English breakfast. They had a more expensive area to order food, but 19 pounds for an english breakfast is a bit too much, even for London!

The room was clean and it was quiet. I enjoyed a good nap before I ventured into London for a bit of sightseeing before my flight. I had no issues with the hotel and I like how close it is to the airport.

From your gate, it is not extremely close for it will take a 10-15 min walk but it is good exercise after being cramped in an airplane for many hours.

Overall, I thought it was worth it. If I were traveling on my own leisure time, I would book the room. I have seen the rooms here combined with airfare for much cheaper since it is so far from the city center. I am not sure I would recommend this hotel for that type of travel, but for a quick hotel stay before one's next flight, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank David K
Bermuda
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed at Hilton Heathrow along with a large group in transit to Singapore. Check in was easy enough. We'd just flown in on an overnight flight so we were most interested in sleeping when we arrived. We had a day rate and were able to go directly to our rooms upon check in. The rooms were fine - a bit small for my husband & I, but pretty standard for UK rooms I think. After a nice midday nap, we ate luch in the restaurant, which was pretty good. We checked out at 6pm in time for our night flight out to Singapore. One member of our party needed assistance getting to the terminal, and she was wisked away in a cart. The rest of us pushed our luggage carts on the relatively short walk to the terminal.

All in all, Hilton was adequate for our needs. If I had another overnight flight from Heathrow, I would more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!