“Bathroom need of a proper clean, and room in need of redecoration”

Lampton Guest House
Ranked #6 of 10 Hounslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed in a twin room (two singles) at the end of October for 2 nights, paid £48 per night (single occupancy)

Easy to find, very close to tube. On busy road, and was disturbed by people outside keebab/chicken place across the road. Hotel receptionist was friendly, no lift and carried own bag (not an issue for me and I didn't ask for help)

The room looked like it had been decorated in the last few years but unfortunately the wallpaper was ripped and the surfaces of the furniture were sticky. There were no duvets on the beds, only blankets and I was cold on the first night. The sheets were all clean but the pillows themselves were very stained. There were hangers in the wardrobe. There were tea&coffee facilities in the room, and a tv with some freeview/ sky channels.

The bathroom was in need of a proper clean- mouldy tiles/ shower door seal & yellow drip marks on walls, but there wasn't anything like hair or signs of the previous guest! There were some toiletries provided, although I didn't use them. The towels provided were clean, they were not changed during my (short) stay.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again if the nearby etap hotel had rooms, as it was more expensive and less modern.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Keevie_14

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Well, let's face it 40 pounds a night (around $64.00)that's for a single person...what can you expect?

The positive:

Obviously the cost.
Secondly the proximity to the underground station. Hounslow Central is about a one minute walk.
Free WiFi - although very slow.
Clean bedsheets.
Clean bathroom.
Tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

The negative:

Very small room...can't open the bathroom door all the way.
Fridge in room doesn't work - room #4.
Very dingy.
The place is dirty...no getting away from that.
Even though this room is in the basement it is quite warm...I would imagine it would be very hot in the summer.
English breakfast - edible, but that's the most you could say.
To say the ironing board that I got from the front desk had seen better days would be an understatement...about 1/3 of the fabric cover was rotted away...but in all fairness, the iron worked well.

All in all as the title says...you get what you pay for. I also liked that you can check in anytime after 11:00 a.m. which worked great for me as my flight arrived from Canada at 10:00 a.m.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Had to give 5 rating, as it's great value compared to the many other B & B's, hotels etc in the area, and does exactly "as it says on the tin"
We had a 4 bedded room ,as it was 4 men going to Twickenham for the rugby.
it is a 30 min walk to the stadium from here.
Room,bathroom,beddding and towels all spotlessly clean, beds comfortable, and the room also has a fridge, a TV, and tea/coffee with kettle, so all you need.
We stayed 2 nights, on check in, gent on reception polite & helpful, even giving us a map to show route to walk to Twickenham Stadium the next day for the match. as stated room fine, if you're expecting "The Ritz", then go somewhere else and pay far, far, more. But if you need a bed & room to get your head down, in clean surrondings, with off road parking, and even breakfast too, ( though we didn't get doen in the mornings for that) then stay here for sure.
This is our second stay here, we stayed here in Feb 2011 as well for rugby at Twicenham too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nksmithtravels
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have to give this place 5* for its location, price and cleanliness. This B&B is very close to LHR with great prices you really can't go wrong for just one night. As others have mentioned its right by the tube station, for others like us with a rental car they also have a small parking area in the rear for free. The rooms are small, or rather tiny in most cases. Great place to stay and has some character. The guys that run it are very accommodating. As others have mentioned breakfast isn't that great but they do try. They definitely get an A for effort. You won't get real coffee here, just hot water and nescafe, whether in your room or in the breakfast room. There are shops just across the street for drinks and snacks, again great location. I would not hesitate to stay here again when flying thru LHR in the future.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Located about 200 yards from Hounslow Central tube station, this was the ideal place for me to stay for the night having arrived at King's Cross from Yorkshire and needing to be at Heathrow for 9am the following morning. Although the steps at the tube station could prove difficult for anybody travelling with heavy luggage.

The reception desk is actually a window into the office, but check in was quick and easy. I was glad that I had booked through Agoda, and paid £38 for the night rather than the standard rate of £48. My room was on the first floor, and I was offered help with my luggage - which I declined.

I stayed in a single room, which was adequately sized - with a small (but not tiny) en-suite. The shower was barely usable, due to temperature variations. I mentioned this on my departure, and they said they would look at it. The room was clean, although some of the furnishings were a little tired.

There is a small shopping area opposite, which appears to be mainly Polish. Hounslow town centre and an Asda are within walking distance.

The breakfast room is in the basement, and is small for the size of the Guest House. But everybody got seated, and breakfast was cooked fresh. I was surprised to get the full breakfast and toast served on the same plate. I did not see any side plates, although there was a selection of preserves available.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2011

A block away from a tube stop on the direct line to Heathrow, and a block away from a good pub serving good Indian food.

The staff are friendly and helpful; I noticed that one reviewer said that no one helped her carry her bags upstairs -- we have stayed here several times and someone has ALWAYS carried my bag.

The rooms are small but adequate. You get a typical English breakfast. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joa1313
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The Staff were very courteous. The room was as good as any 3* room that we have stayed in. Very central and near good transport links. Free car parking excellent.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple