“Easy Hop To Heathrow”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hounslow B&B and Inns
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Easy Hop To Heathrow”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Great place to stay the night before a flight from Heathrow. Reasonably priced. Just a few steps from Hounslow Central Underground Station. Then a quick ride on the tube in morning to Heathrow after a great breakfast. (One note: the locks on the doors are not the best, but we did not feel unsafe). Stayed here in early April 2013. Employees very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Robin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Good location at 50m of the tube station, the guest house is a great fall back plan when the new budget hotels of central Hounslow are fully booked.
Yet with a top value cleanliness ( not a speck of dust in the room), the best WIFI I had in a hotel room for along time (home type broadband), the 6sqm single bedroom I had with no chair to work was not the best choice for 40£/night BB. Not up to date bed quality, yet all the basics are to be found.
Individual tastes are not to be discussed, as an hospitality professional, modern pure colours and materials will better suit that nice building than flower curtain and 80's wallpaper...(there are more modern B&B in the UK) Yet I know how hard it is to run such business smoothly and satisfy all customers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JustJeff81
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stay at the Lampton every year in April/May for 2 nights when we visit an event at Twickenham and I have always found the accommodation to be perfectly good for somewhere used as a base to sleep and shower. It is cheap and cheerful but probably not to everyone’s taste, if you are looking for 4/5* accommodation don’t stay here!

The B&B is barely 5 minutes walk from Hounslow Central Tube so excellent for connections into London and to Heathrow, the bus to Twickenham stops just outside the pub (H20) and there is a friendly taxi company just across the road which will take you to Twickers for around £15 and you can book them to collect you later.

I have stayed in single, twin and double rooms over the years we have been staying and although the rooms are small and basic they have always been clean & tidy, the bed is comfy enough for my liking, there is a wardrobe and drawers in all the rooms along with tea/coffee making facilities, a small fridge, flat screen TV and free wi-fi and the bathroom, although tiny, has a shower, small sink with complimentary toiletries and a toilet ... what more do you need really? The rooms could do with a bit of redecoration but from what I’ve seen they are doing this bit by bit.

Breakfast is not huge and the sausage is not great but it fills a whole and is included in the very cheap room rate. It’s a little too early for my liking at a weekend but if you miss it you can get a nice full English across the road at Cafe Venecia for around £3.00.

The staff are friendly, helpful and very easy-going. They have happily provided me with a blanket and extra pillow when asked in the past and turned the heating on one particularly cold year! No there isn’t a lift but someone has always offered to help me with my luggage on the stairs.

Please note that there are 5/6(?) large steps up to the front door and only a couple of rooms on that entry floor so if you’re not great with stairs or in a wheelchair be aware.

The Bulstrode pub is about 100 yards down the road (right) and it can be noisy on Friday/Saturday evenings but they do a decent pint and nice pub grub or curry and we are rarely to bed before it shuts (1.30/2am) so this didn't bother us. If you go left out of the B&B there’s a decent Chinese buffet and a Yates about 10 minutes up the road.

We will go back again next year … and probably the one after that :o)

Room Tip: Rooms 1-5 are near to the kitchen so can be noisy early in the morning and room 9 is right next to r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alison W
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I had a single room and, trust me, it was a small single room, but it was very clean, (if a bit warm) the bed was comfy and, although I couldn't have the fan on but not the light, I had a decent sleep on the Friday. Saturday was a bit different, as there's a pub 3 buildings down and the music was loud. Breakfast, in a very small dining room, was good, basic and the staff were friendly and there is a small carpark at the rear of the building, accessed by a passworded gate. For £78 for 2 nights, I thought this was very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank FeeWilliams
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Saw three rooms and all three were spotless. Great location a stones throw from hounslow central underground. All staff were really friendly and facilities great. I was surprised how nice it was given the low price I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank boxingferret
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 18 October 2012

i was a little leary about using this guest house for the 2nd half of our week in London. A few days before we checked in we went to see a potential room as the company we booked with allowed us to cancel 24hrs in advance (booking.com; travelocity wouldn't let us change our reservations without heavy penalties; needless to say i will do more bookings with Booking.com but I digress...) We were pleased with it. When we stayed there the staff was courteous. It was quiet and clean. We had a fridge in our room to store breakfast stuff to keep costs down. I loved the walk in shower. The room was a pretty decent size. There were no elevators so you do need to be fit. We were on the 2nd floor. But if you go there a couple days before you check-in maybe you can request the first floor. It was a good price and close to the underground station, shopping centers, and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay at Lampton.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank D B
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Room was clean. Door locks were a bit weak. The breakfast was average with instant coffee. If you need a cheap, clean place to stay before or after a Heathrow flight this is the place. About a ten minute tube ride from Heathrow terminal one.

• Stayed September 2012