“What a hole! Worst pub ever”
Review of Earl Haig

Earl Haig
Ranked #40 of 247 Restaurants in Hounslow
London, United Kingdom
“What a hole! Worst pub ever”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It is almost hysterical, i would suggest going in there or even looking at it from the outside, but i have to say this is a complete hole in every respect imaginable. I would say go there just for a laugh so you can walk in and walk out again.

Visited May 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Earl Haig, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Vic S

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Earl Haig in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

John Barras

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Ok for a quick drink”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ok for a quick beer but that's about it the whole place is very tatty for example the gents has urine on the floor and stinks the carpet near the bar is thread bare but the female behind the bar was polite and helpful

• Visited February 2014
“Best pub in Hounslow”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Writing this review having read the previous reviews. Been a regular at this pub for over 12 years and have to say that this is may not be everyone's favourite watering hole but is definitely my choice. They don't take card payment or serve hot food but I just go there for the pints and enjoy the company.
Not sure what the security guys have done, they have never been a problem and do their job fine. Staff are friendly, sure it can be sometimes short staffed but regulars don't mind. Not sure why a reviewer wrote a comment about disabled people. There are some regulars who have disabilities and would be surprised to hear those comments!
it's located in the heart of hounslow west. I live in the area and love going there to meet friends and catch up, exactly why we go to the pub. Another reviewer said it would be better closing it down and make it in to a restaurant etc. this is precisely the type of attitude that someone who doesn't care about the community would adopt. Il be there as usual on Mondays for the Happy Mondays promo!

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Rude staff, overpriced drinks, bad atmosphere...”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Earl Haig, what more can be said? I think most people could sum up this place in two words but for the purpose of this review I'll try and be more sensible... Maybe I'm expecting too much but when I do decide to go for a couple of drinks I expect to be treated like a human being and not an animal, even though the place does smell like a farm. The staff are rude and I've personally witnessed them laughing at disabled people, I don't find that funny at all. I've already made several complaints but it's like banging your head on a brick wall, I don't think many people would lose sleep if this place was bulldozed to the ground and replaced with a restaurant or something that at least serves a purpose.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is one of, if not THE worst pub in Hounslow, you can sense the bad atmosphere as soon as you step inside. You'd think that having bouncers would help but they aren't brave enough to confront people who are actually causing trouble and instead choose to pick on people who are minding their own business. The manager is never there and puts the blame on other people when something goes wrong, her mood swings also make her a very unpredictable woman.

It's a shame because this place is local to me but to be honest I'd rather go without.

• Visited December 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Earl Haig, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear MBarassed, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras
London, United Kingdom
“Do not visit the Earl Haig. It is atrocious and terribly run”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I went to this pub a couple of weeks ago on a friday evening. The pub was empty, probably due to the offensive, over zealous attitude of the security guards. It is easier to get into england than get into the Earl Haig. I am over 40 and slightly balding but was subjected to the spanish inquisition to get in. If I had not been meant to meet someone in there I would have turned around and left there and then. However that was only the start of the bad news. Once inside the pub smelt like a toilet. They serve no food, only take cash, have no real ale and the staff basically had no clue about what ale meant when I enquired. All they had was John Smiths which any real ale drinker knows is not worth having. The staff on the night were unattentive, un-willing to serve me, probably because I was unknown and not part of the small group further down the bar near the bar flap who seemed to get all of the attention. My colleague who I was meeting failed to arrive. Maybe he could not get past the border guards at the door. Anyway, he saved himself from experiencing the dissapointment that you get once inside.

Avoid completely. This is a dire pub, The staff are useless, the beer range is non-existent, the atmosphere is toxic, the aroma is revolting.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Terry P
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Earl Haig, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Terry P, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras