“Best airport hotel visited”

Best Western Plus Park Grand London Heathrow
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just had three nights at Grand Park. This was excellent. Very comfortable bed and clean and well equipped room. Free Wi Fi and it was quiet each night - hardly heard even the aircraft. The breakfasts were very good and the evening meals good and not too expensive. All the staff were helpful, friendly and polite especially Gagon on reception. It was only a 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station and the car park always had space - despite there being three coaches in one evening. Starbucks coffee - great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat S
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Park Grand London Heathrow

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I chose this hotel for our last night in the UK before flying out. I had read about how costly taxi services were to and from Heathrow airport and so chose this because it is not too far from the Osterley tube station (about 7 - 10 mins walk - all flat) or the bus service. As it turned out we had accumulated so much luggage during our time in England (way too much shopping!) that taking either the tube or the bus to the airport seemed impractical - and doubly so when we awoke on the day of our departure to the first rain we'd seen on our whole three week trip. On checking in I enquired about getting a taxi to the airport and the friendly and efficient hotel staff organised the whole thing. The taxi service was private and agreed a fee up front (GBP15.00) which was perfect. In terms of the room we were very impressed with its size and modern decor and the double glazing kept out the majority of the traffic/flight path noise. My daughter was thrilled with free WiFi and the large wall-mounted TV. The room had tea and coffee making facilities. The only down sides that I can think of is that it is that there are some steps from reception to get to the lift and we had asked for a twin room (to us this means two beds - I was travelling with my 16 year old daughter) but we got a double bed instead. The bed itself is also very high off the floor. However, in all, it was a great place to stay and I would definitely book there again if I wanted proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keitha S
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It is hard to find good hotel with that price in London. I stayed in here for 18 days. It is not so far away from the tube station. Its 10 min. to walk from osterley tube station to hotel. Also you can arrive to high st. it is only 12 min to walk. Room was clean. There was a Turkish plug in rooms. Free wifi. The last but not least the most important point is the personals, They are really helpful, good humored, kindly. Gedas, Gagan, Alisha, Manpveur thank you guys.
And most of all thank you for Sanjeew.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had 3 rooms here over a weekend for our family - each room was clean and well equipped - rooms were well designed with mirrors where the hair dryer is (don't laugh - this is frequently not the case!), comfortable beds, nicely soundproofed as we didn't hear any hallway or other-room noise (I understand we may have been fortunate with a quiet weekend, but the hotel appeared to be quite full).

GREETING: The front desk team were excellent and helpful in every way. Friendly and professional, demonstrating patience and knowledge of the area and the fastest ways to get into London and back to Heathrow. I'm not easily impressed - this is a stellar team.

FOOD: The breakfast was more than decent in selection, especially if you like 'English breakfasts' - lean on the fresh fruit options. We ate in the restaurant at the hotel for two dinners, one with friends from the London area so we could max out on visiting time - and both dinners were reasonable and offered very good food (we had a couple of Indian dishes as well as grilled salmon - all good. The restaurant was on the small side, not fancy - good for visiting. Service at breakfast was weak but not terrible; service in the evening at the restaurant was excellent. (Who knew?! an airport hotel in London!)

ROOMS: Single rooms are small but adequate for one person - clean, big windows and enough storage space. Doubles are slightly larger with a DOUBLE, not queen or king sized bed - just good to know - if you want twin beds, check with the hotel ahead of time. Join the Premier Club listed on their website to get the best rates. The bathrooms were clean, new and ergonomically friendly - I loved the large walk-in shower. Iron and ironing board, safe and widescreen TV, good lighting, big windows - all nice features.

BONUS: The hotel helped arrange a cab for £15 as my flight left very early and I couldn't use the shuttle. NOTE - I would highly recommend this option at any airport hotel no matter when one's flight leaves - getting to LHR is best when you arrange your own time. Shuttles can be slow and may stop at other hotels; we've had to bail twice from shuttle buses we'd paid for because they were waiting for people at other hotels.

SUMMARY: the very best airport hotel I've stayed at in London (and I've had at least 100 stays over the years). I would consider staying here even if I needed to get into London a couple of times during my stay - the rates are very reasonable and it frees up funds for an oyster card; the hotel is only 2 bus stops away from Osterly Tube Station. The area itself doesn't have much in the way of 'walking' opportunities, but Hammersmith is a 30 minute local bus ride away with many excellent bistros/restaurants. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: It 'could' be noisy near the elevators as they announce 'going up/down' and floors...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stewsview
Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you don't give a rats behind about customer service then book here.

They wanted me to pay £20 a night to park a coach in a TINY car park. I'm then forced to reverse on to 4 lanes of traffic because of this.

I felt like a walking £££ sign as soon as I walked in.

I informed them I would be taking the parking charge up with their head office (First time in my career have I been asked to pay to park a coach at a hotel) and when returning on the second night I was told to 'pay or go away'.

Suffice to say I have refused to pay and a full report has been sent to my management.

The standards here are shocking for a hotel this lovely. I returned and my room wasn't cleaned. Last night's pizza festering in the sun was lovely.

The ONLY good thing about this place is the bed is comfy, the food is good and cheap and free wifi.

But I'm sorry, this is the FIRST ever time I have given a terrible rating to a hotel. Head office don't give a damn nor do the staff in the hotel.

All they want is your money. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here last weekend (26th July). I arrived over 2 hours earlier than the check-in time of 2 o'clock due to an early morning flight into Heathrow. The staff I met on check-in could not have been nicer or more helpful. A man with glasses who I assume is a manager of some sort told me not to worry about arriving early- he would sort it out so I could get my room straight away. Within minutes I was in my room- spotlessly clean with lovely big comfortable twin beds, nice powerful shower, bottled water, fridge, iron & ironong board. All you need for a comfortable stay. I stayed 3 nights in total and breakfast was included in the price- all pre cooked & kept warm so nothing wow, but did the trick!
The only negative I have with this hotel is the difference in staff. One half were trained on Mars and the other half on Venus!! The reception staff & breakfast staff were very helpful and pleasant, but don't try to order a drink from the Starbucks station in the bar or indeed from the bar itself! Service is so slow as there is not always a member of staff in the bar area. I understand being so close to the airport this is probably more of a stop-over hotel, but I found it quite frustrating as I was having friends stop by to visit me & service was erratic.
Overall a great hotel, bar staff just need a kick up the back-side to wake them up!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great place to stay. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are well presented and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms have a good shower in them and quite a large bathtub. In the morning, the breakfast was fantastic, with plenty to choose from. The sausages from the hot buffet were particularly tasty.

Room Tip: Great view from top floors on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business