“Very good option around Heathrow”

Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed one night because I had a morning international flight out. Until things change I will be using Premier Inn wherever possible when I visit the UK.

Clean, quiet, and friendly staff. Rate I got booking on their website was very good. Didn't eat in the restaurant but had a drink in the bar, McDonalds right next door if you are budget minded. I'm not sure what other options are within walking distance as I didn't have much time to explore. Free public bus was easy to and from hotel and terminal, or you can pay for the Hoppa bus. Sorry don't have the details but I got info from other TripAdvisor reviewers, so thanks for the tip!

From Heathrow, it's not too bad to get transportation into London, but I wouldn't recommend staying around Heathrow as a base for a holiday, vacation, or leisure trip in London. You can find good options for reasonable prices in the city.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hsu118
PIBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Heathrow (Bath Road).

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay from the friendly staff to the good value booking via our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - for the best rates and the quickest way to book please visit our website.

Kerry

Write a ReviewReviews (9,311)

Reviewed 28 July 2012

A regular flyer I use the hotel and park options at heathrow often and so have tried many of the hotels. Up to now the Windsor Marriott was my 1st choice for price and comfort, despite resenting the £15 internet fee and limited choice of mid range meal options. But for an overnight stay I can't fault the Premier Inn and now always use them. Open and spacious lobby with plenty of facilities, comfortable bed and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful (in the restaurant the waitress actually recalled me from over a month ago!). A relaxing and cost effective way to start any holiday and just minutes from the long term stay car park where you get pre-booked into. Okay the calories posted on the menu are both a great idea and play on your guilt, but the salmon salad nicoise was extremely tasty...and at £3 for 24hours internet? once again it shows up the scandal of the £15 a night at the hilton and marriot chains. Prem Inns are not pretentious or a destination in themselves but at this one you are definitely not slumming it. I've stayed in hotels three times the price that would be put to shame by the service and comfort here. Great for the single traveller you don't feel a pariah in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MichaelSadler

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay from the genuine and helpful staff to the good value internet costs to the comfort.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Sayed here the night prior to an early flight. Perfect for this role.

To get there, take the Piccadilly line to Hounslow West. Exit, cross the street to the bus stop and take either the 222 or the 81 bus. Both stop directly in front off the premier inn. Use oyester card for this. Very convenient.

The bus for the airport uses the same stop and began running at 4:15 a.m. Dropped off right at the terminal entrance.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Texasbart

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The staff were informed and very helpful. The hotel restaurant was good, the coffee bar was very good. The room was fine, but the floor covering was troublesome. It did not appear to be very clean, and the carpeting was rucked up in a couple of areas. The flooring in the bathroom was in worse shape - again, problems with the appearance of cleanliness, and it too was poorly installed, and was uneven. This was my first stay with Premier Inn, and although I may not stay at this location again, I would be willing to try their other locations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay. However, please accept my apologies for the troublesome floor covering. I have passed your comments to my Maintenance team so that action can be taken.

for the money, this is a great bargain. 1 tip for future travelers:
The cab fare from Heathrow T-2 is more like 20 pounds..you can transfer to T-4 and then take a cab for 10 bucks. The bus comes to the hotel door-step & costs 4 bucks...take your pick. There is costa coffee right next to the reception lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
PIBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with value for money and the Costa Coffee Shop that is open 24 Hours.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was accidentally dropped off to a wrong location in this hotel chain because of the bus driver who did not tell me I was taking the wrong bus in the wrong direction. A member of the hotel staff, Brian was extremely helpful and willing to go out of his way to help me get back on track. I was lost and could have spend a load of money to get back to the airport to take the correct bus, but he made calls and did all he could to get me back without me having to drain my wallet for a taxi cab, which are outrageously expensive in London. I got back on the shuttle bus which took me back and then made my way to the correct hotel. I am very grateful for Brian's help and wish him all the best in his career. I have rarely had this kind of service from any hotel and so much care even though I was not the "guest" of his hotel, but nevertheless he made me feel important and expressed his concern and responsibility for my troubles. He is truly a great asset to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments about the Premier Inn Heathrow (Bath Road).

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with service from the staff at the hotel. We strive on providing exceptional service and I am glad we have fulfilled this. The comments will be passed to the Reception Manager.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Needed a hotel close to the airport for one night at short notice. All others were mega expensive but the Premier Inn was just 89 pounds. Good size clean room, no noise enabling sleep after a long flight and an efficient check-in service. Shuttle bus available from airport for a small charge. They also have disabled rooms.

Room Tip: Don't book through the hotel service desk at the airport as they only recommended more expensive...