“Surprisingly Good”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Poole, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed just for one night before flying out early the next day with my wife and teenage daughter. The rooms were large, clean and modern and the public areas also reflected this. Good selection of food and drinks - although not "cordon bleu" ! Overall a good budget hotel within easy reach of the airport, but what certainly set it apart were the efficient and friendly staff - it is rare nowadays to see people enjoying their job! The only downside was having to pay for overnight parking in the hotel car park - even as guests!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Crispy398
PIBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Heathrow (Bath Road).
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of our hotel from the large, clean rooms to the good selection of food & drinks and the friendly staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - for the best rates and the quickest way to book please visit our website.
Kerry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 July 2014

At first I did not have a very positive look on the hotel. Located just outside of the Heathrow airport free zone, you have to alight the bus a few minutes walk away from the hotel if you want to get there for free, while many other hotels are much more accessible (including, not one, but 2 Holiday Inns). The receptionists did not seem very knowledgeable or informative on several issues that we discussed including internet access (which is NOT included by the way), buses in the vicinity, the restaurant and some minor services. The breakfast is quite average and the rooms are plain (although the bed was quite comfortable). But on the day before last, a colleague and I wanted to try the hotel's restaurant. We were seated and one of the waiters told us what the special soup of the day was (he got it wrong and said it was mushrooms while it was actually tomatoes so that was disappointing...). After that, we were served by another waiter. This waiter changed my entire negative/average review of 2 or 3 all the way up to 4! His name was Aniceto. He was very nice, very informative and very polite. He listened to all our questions, made suggestions and was always close by if we needed help. When I was unsure if I wanted custard or vanilla ice cream with one of the desserts, and I just picked vanilla because I didn't want to keep him waiting, he gave me what I asked for and also some custard on the side. He claimed that this was his favorite dessert of all and that he really thought that i should try it. I then realized that even if the location or commodities aren't the best, what really matters in a hotel is the service! So thank you Aniceto, for making our stay here that much more pleasant! And by the way, the food in the restaurant was amazing and I really recommend the apple crumble dessert! I hope you all enjoy Premier Inn and I hope Premier Inn sees this and gives Aniceto a big bonus for raising the score of this review for them!

3 Thank OmNomNomTrainee
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all the service received from Aniceto in our Restaurant. Thank you for all other feedback which has been passed on to the relevant Managers.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with my three kids a day before going to Central London, had a nice breakfast and a good night sleep, we always book with Premier Inn hotels and always will, excellent service everytime, thankyou.

1 Thank Parmdeep S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of our hotel from the nice breakfast to the good nights sleep.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago, when flying from Heathrow, and we decided to stay again. The hotel itself has everything. A beautiful restaurant serving tasty food, a nice bar to spend the evening in and a 24 hour Costa Coffee. The rooms, as with all Premier Inn properties we have stayed in, were beautifully modern and clean.

The only downside this time was the lack of sleep we had. As it was the start of the school holidays, a lot of families were staying in the hotel. This was particularly noticeable during the night when there was LOTS of noise from children running up and down the corridors and unacceptable levels of noise from adjoining rooms. When we checked out the following day, we made these concerns to reception and they refunded our room cost without any question(s). As we left the hotel to go to the airport, the general manager stopped us and asked if he could be told of our concerns. He was very concerned, polite and apologetic. He also asked if they had done everything they could to resolve our problem. This was a very nice touch and made up for a bad nights sleep.

This would not stop me from staying at this hotel, as it's fabulous. I think next time, we'll choose not to book when the kids are on holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank intercityboi
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of our hotel from the location to the friendly staff.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here this summer, as we were looking for an inexpensive hotel near London and the airport. Far enough to be affordable to our budget, near enough that there was public transportation to the city. Indeed, it's about a 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace to catch the free 24-hour bus, which takes you to the airport terminal. There you can take the tube to the city. The walk is not a worry, in my opinion. It's going straight down the road, there's no possibility of getting lost. I walked alone in the night and, as a young woman, I didn't see anything that would make me feel unsafe. It was around 11pm, though, I don't know how it would be later on in the night.

On to the hotel, per se, the room and bathroom were large and comfortable by European standards. (Maybe a bit small by American, but still very comfortable. Maybe being the key word.) It was very quiet. Once I closed the door, and I couldn't hear my roommate talking to two friends outside our door. Perfect for recovering from the jetlag and getting used to the new time zone.

I'm only giving it 4/5 because of the breakfast offered. The staff was very friendly about it, yes, but the selection could've been better. As someone who grabs her breakfast and goes on about her day walking around the city, I feel this is something important. But maybe that's the way it is around England, for all I know.

Nevertheless, I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for something near London and the airport that's inexpensive, while still being a quality stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ana R
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed one night on a layover with 6 family members and three rooms. Check in process, restaurant staff and cleanliness of the hotel were exemplary.
Abdul at the front desk is an outstanding service representative and the stnadrard for which all hotel staff should be measured.
Great stay, nice hotel, phenomenal staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian C
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of our hotel from the cleanliness of the hotel to the efficient check in and friendly staff.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before and will again. Rooms have just what you need and no more. Beds very comfortable. Easy to get to Heathrow on Hoppa. Asked for easy over eggs at breakfast; polite response and 3 given to me within a few minutes.

3 Thank britishcOlumbia007
PIBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with easy access to heathrow from our hotel plus very comfortable beds.
Mehfooz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel? Share your experiences!