“Excellent if you need an overnighter near the airport”

Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent if you need an overnighter near the airport”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We arrived off a 12 hour flight ready for a good sleep and took a taxi the short journey (a few minutes at most) from Heathrow airport. When we arrived we were checked in very efficiently by a friendly receptionist and shown the way to the lifts and given directions to our room. The room was exactly what you would expect a budget chain hotel to be - a little on the small side but modern and comfortable and with all the essentials. We didn't spend much time here - we landed quite late at night and then set off for the airport again for our next flight early the next morning - but the staff were pleasant, the hotel was lovely and our experience was great. When we checked out there were some taxi drivers who had congregated near reception awaiting business so we didn't even have to call for a taxi back to the airport. We would definitely stay again if we needed to stay overnight near Heathrow. If you're coming to see London though I wouldn't stay here - it's quite a way out as a base - you would be better somewhere closer to the centre. It's an ideal hotel for anyone travelling who needs to be near the airport. My only complaint is that for the price I would have expected breakfast to be included but it cost an extra £7.75. We just ended up getting something cheaper in the airport though so it wasn't a big inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
HeathrowBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
(Management representative)

I am writing to thank you personally for taking the time to fill in our customer feedback with regards to your stay with us at Premier Inn Heathrow Bath Road.

Your comments are very much appreciated as we strive to improve our standards from Great to World class.

We are open 24 hours a day 365 days a year so if you need to book a room at anytime or you require anything whilst staying with us we are always available to take your call.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back at Premier Inn Heathrow Bath Road again.

Duty manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2010

i have already written a review on this hotel previously but just felt i had to write again as i totally love the service i recieve in this hotel. I stayed again for one night before travelling on the next day. I was staying with my mum this time. As we were checking in i recognised the girl as the one who'd checked me in previously when i stayed in october, and she looked at me and said "You;ve stayed here before haven't. It was last year was it not?" and i was totally amazed that she'd remembered me considering the amount of people she must see every day. I felt so valued that she'd recognised me never mind even said anything and i fel so bad that i cant remember the girls name. If i heard it i would know it straight away. But if a manager reads this she was working the evening of 31st may at around 7.30-8.00pm, i hope she gets the credit she deserves

• Stayed June 2010

Norwich
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed here in May the night before a transatlantic flight so the proximity to Heathrow was the main concern.

The hotel location is excellent only a short drive away from the airport, in fact the approach to the runway can be viewed from the car park and the hotel provides outside table and chairs to do just this on the car park grass edges.

The hotel has food and drink on site but no gym, there is ample parking and the rooms are large, clean and the whole hotel is well maintained.

All in all a good location that is well priced ideal for travel from heathrow.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Essex U.K.
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I was accompanying a friend who was travelling from Heathrow the next day - so just an overnight stay. The check-in staff were excellent - very polite - although I had to return to them initially as my "card" would not open the lift or room doors!!! Anyway - that was no big deal. The room was very nice - good size, clean, and a nice flat-screen TV and tea and coffee facilities. Bathroom was clean and the shower was very good. One small complaint - the outer window would not open so it was just a little claustrophobic.

The restaurant was first-rate - good prices for a hotel. My friends lamb was EXCELLENT - my vegetable chili was OK (but I think microwaved!!!) Glasses of wine were very good value. The restaurant staff were brilliant - so polite and efficient - even though things were very busy.

The rooms were quiet and the bill was VERY competitive for this area. (I have stayed at the Heathrow Central Travelodge just down the road which - to be fair - is cheaper and EXCELLENT value - but the Premier Inn is just that bit more "upmarket". Be warned - many other hotels in the airport location charge crazy prices. Also - the Hotel Hoppa to Heathrow is convenient - but £4 per person each way!!! If you do not mind carting your luggage around you can travel for FREE on the local London Transport buses from outside the hotel.

All in all - highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank STILLSEARCHING2012

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This was our second stay in a Premier Inn. Very convenient to the airport - just a short Hotel Hoppa ride away. The staff were very friendly and helpful and checkin was handled with a minimum of fuss. The food was good and reasonably priced. Our rooms were very clean and spacious. We were surprised how quiet the rooms were. Even though the hotel was very busy, unlike other hotels we've stayed in, we did not hear anyone walking the hallways or using other rooms. Exceptional for a 'budget' hotel!
If ever I'm in England again I'd happily consider staying at a Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I was pleased with my hotel room, booked via BAA's Heathrow hotels service (actually provided by Lastminute.com) - spacious, and very clean. Even happier to discover that you don't need to use the Heathrow Hoppa service at all, since two local buses (105 and 111) stop directly outside on their way to Heathrow Central Bus Station (on the way from the airport to the hotel you do have to cross a dual carriage-way, and there's no pedestrian crossing, but I managed). I used my Oyster card but I think the buses are subsidised by the airport and free - lots cheaper than the Hoppa at any rate, and they run 24 hours a day.

Hotel is admittedly busy. The night I was there was an England World Cup match, which was shown on a big screen in the bar area, but my room was quiet. Double double glazed windows mean you get a good night's sleep.

Food is available from the bar, restaurant and a Costa cafe. It's not cheap, but fortunately I didn't want much and it 'did'.

Wifi is available, but I still don't understand why British hotels charge. At least here there is a choice of charging models, and the economy version (during the football match!) was fast and worked well.

Check-in wasn't particularly efficient and when I asked about printing a boarding pass I was directed to the 20p per minute hotel Internet computer. Decided I'd rather get to the airport early.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
(Management representative)

Your comments are very much appreciated as we strive to improve our standards from Great to World class, regarding checking in process accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the level of service extended to you on this occasion.

aberdeen
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Had an overnight stay at this hotel due to early flight next day. The staff were wonderful, the room was great and the food in the restaurant was first class. Very busy hotel, but really quiet. Would recommed for anyone looking for a base to visit surrounding area also.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
HeathrowBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2010

Duty manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel? Share your experiences!