Travelodge London Hounslow
US$96
US$91
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Heathrow(Hounslow)
US$94
US$221
US$203
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstube stationasda car parkpiccadilly linetravel lodgehigh streetno air conditioningtown centreroom was cleanfamily rooma couple of minutes walkheathrow airportearly checktwickenham stadiumwould stay againflight pathbudget hotelexcellent value for money
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed with a friend for one night here as it was a cheaper alternative to staying in the centre of the city. The rates were fair and the room we had was spacious but there were enough minor irritants to make the stay less than enjoyable.

For a start it was constantly too warm and the thermostat on the wall appeared to be decorative because I didn't notice any difference when we turned the temperature down. The room also had a strong smell of something unpleasant which was more noticeable in the bathroom - it may have been smoke so if it left over from the previous occupants, it's not the hotel's fault for their guests disobeying the clear "no smoking" rule.

There was a surprising lack of furniture in the room which was not a problem for us as we were only staying one night and living out of rucksacks, but I would not want to be without drawers and a bedside table for any length of time.

Given the location, the sounds of the Underground and planes at Heathrow were heard throughout the night but only because we had to open the window to cope with the hot temperatures. If the temperature had been cooler, the noises would not have been heard because the windows were adequately soundproofed.

I was a little surprised that we were only provided with one small bottle of shower gel which was supposed to serve us for all our combined hygiene needs. A bar of soap or some kind of handwash dispenser, in my opinion, is not unreasonable in a room because I don't tend to travel with the stuff needed to wash my hands and assume it comes with any basin, especially in a hotel.

The hotel had its own restaurant and the food on offer was fine and reasonably priced (we only had a meal in the evening and did not make use of their breakfast service). It is always good to have a hotel which does offer a breakfast option, however, but I am unable to comment on their food and service. The vending machines were expensive and I didn't use these.

I appreciate that some of my complaints come with the territory (costs and noises of London), some were perhaps just unfortunate (the smell) and others could have been improved (temperature, soap etc.) but the hotel is in a very convenient location, only a stone's throw from the Houslow Central tube station and is very modern and clean. The staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful and upon our departure took on board our issues with our stay. So I would not be against staying a night here again but I couldn't do much longer a stay than that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank thebuttonmushroom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed here for 2 nights and was fairly pleased with the location and facilities of the hotel. You know what you’re getting when you pay for a Travelodge and I have no complaints! On arrival to the hotel the staff were unable to find me on their booking system; however this was quickly sorted by a phone call to Travelodge who explained there had been some technical issues with bookings not going through to the hotel systems. The receptionist Shelley was really friendly and very helpful. My room was fine; this is one of the newly redecorated Travelodges so the room had a new look feel to it. Some people on this site have commented on the over powering air freshener as you walk in the room; there was a smell of air freshener but this was easily resolved by opening the window! The hotel is only about a 2/3 minute walk away from Hounslow Central train station; you turn left out of the station and the Travelodge is on your right further down the road. There are some newsagents nearby; high street with shops and a Tesco Express a short 5 minute walk away. It takes around 35/40 minutes to get into central London on the tube. I also didn’t have any problems been kept awake by nearby planes at Heathrow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is very close to the tube station but our room was very hot, even with the window open. The room smelled bad, especially in the bathroom. The twin beds were very narrow. Being a disabled room, it was very spacious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had to choose this place as my regular hotel wasn't available for the 2 week stay. Excepting the location and the fact that it is a new property, everything else is terrible. For starters, the hot water. This was a major issue. Then comes the Wifi. I paid 30 pounds for 1 month and the third day it conks off due to some upgrade. Had to wait for one whole day to have it fixed.
Then comes the room amenities itself - there is no slot to keep the soap in the shower area. Similarly the daily room maintenance was bad - they didn't replace the plastic cups provided, unless you ask. The rooms are also not airconditioned.
the vending machines in the lobby werren't working.

This might be good for an overnight stay but not recommended for more than 2 nights. I wouldn't come back again unless there is an extreme condition.

Natraj

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is an excellent Hotel for travelling onto Heathrow airport, by the underground. Unfortunately there was a tube strike, so the reception ordered us a Taxi for the airport.
The Travelodge is fairly new and is just off the station about 3mins walk. Also it is only a short walk from the town centre and plenty of bars and places to shop and eat. Is was a little noisy at night but this is accepted in a London city.
I would certainly stop here again.

Room Tip: A higher room maybe less noisy