“Fantastic food”
Review of O Saloio

O Saloio
Ranked #38 of 397 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: A small family run business providing a traditional Portuguese and relaxed atmosphere. We have a varied menu. Freshly baked cakes everyday.
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights at a nearby hotel. Wandered past this restaurant whilst having a walk round the area. It is well worth visiting. I had the pasta but my friend had the steak with mushrooms and ham and said it was perfect. Portion sizes are huge, the staff are friendly and attentive. If staying in one of the hotels in the area forget heading for Hounslow, come here !!!

3  Thank AquaRich

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We came across this restaurant on a journey to Heathrow, if you're a fan of beef you would choose wisely to get the grilled beef rubbed in garlic sauce, the presentation will also surprise you. The man serving us, named Sergio, he was very friendly and attentive, even asked me if I need help with the cutting of the food, if you get the beef, you will know what I mean. Great service and hats off to Sergio.

1  Thank Chetan C
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I where staying near here due to a flight early tomorrow morning. We found this restaurant via the TripAdvisor reviews and I can say that it did not disappoint. Simple but very tasty food, good friendly service. I can definitely recommend the beef kabab, amazing! Plus the salt cod was very tasty. We also tried their homemade desert of cream, condensed milk custard and coffee dipped biscuit, yum!

1  Thank LyndalN
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Took Trip Advisors advice and tried this place, on a night staying at LHR before flying.
Way not really sure from the outside, but wow... the food and service was great.
I had the beef kebab... be warned its the size of a grown mans arm... perfectly seasoned and cooked to order.
Lovely happy staff... even gave us a free after dinner drink.
Happy happy find, honest food, lovely staff. Perfect way to relax before flying.

2  Thank gazza_newman
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Stayed near Heathrow because we had an early morning flight. Wandered into this excellent little restaurant. Not a fancy place but the food was world class and it was inexpensive. Excellent muscles in tomato/onion sauce for starters and then one of the tastiest fish entrees I've ever had. It was a whole sea bass with crispy skin but light and succulent underneath. A butter wine sauce was included but that fish was unforgettable.The meal was served with customary Portuguese style boiled potatoes and steamed vegetables.
We were so lucky to find this place. It is on Bath Road, just down the street from most of the Heathrow adjacent hotels. If you are staying in one of the Heathrow adjacent hotels, you should make a point of checking it out. Our server, Manuela, made the recommendations and she was spot on. Great food and service.
We will go back the next time we have an overnight near Heathrow.

1  Thank jay g