“Faulty Towers!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hounslow B&B and Inns
Dorfmark, Niedersachsen, Germany
“Faulty Towers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Staff were polite and helpful. However, the property is very run down, there was a dirty towel left in the wardrobe, that was dirty falling apart and had one coat hanger, the mirror was behind this. The shower was totally ineffective, and either scaled or was cold. There was no shelve in the bathroom, no towel rail and you need the door open to be able to dry yourself after a shower. There were thousands of cigarette ends on the roof outside the bedroom window. The fridge handle was missing. Room 17 opens into the breakfast room, where 4 tables are squashed in, so you have to reach over someone to get to the cereal and orange juice. During our stay there was no window in the hall, there was some sort of alterations happening and each time we used the stairs there was more paint on the carpet. Odd bedside cabinets, one with a saw mark and cigarette burn, fronts falling off the draw. The decorative pillows valance sheets and bed throws were stained. Clean sheets though. Out side the rear of the property there was a huge pile of towels on the floor open to the elements, next to an type of pond. The TV had a intermittent fault. Basically we were waiting Manuel to appear! we were robbed of our money with this accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Very good location, average prices
Full English breakfast was very good and staff was very good

• Stayed March 2012
Fordingbridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

despite booking in January we arrived yesterday to be told we had been booked at another B&B three miles down the road!! No telephone call before hand to tell us this, so that we could book other accommodation of our choice!! Very "grateful" that they moved us to another B&B of the same quality as this one - "AWFUL"!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

I booked this twice first time for a week while working in area and again for the night the following week .... First week had an ok more out the back of hotel but poor ensuite. We worked nights and sleep in the day and to be honest was very noisy hotel . The planes abOve were not problem it was the staff.
Booked again following week for one day as no we're else available in working budget and this was worse. 3 rooms we had booked and all three rooms were by building works the hotel were doing. Drilling hammering all day. I complained straight away in which I was told it would stop it never. All in all our whole party had about 2 hours sleep. When I spoke to the manager I asked y he booked us in knowing building work happening and he had no response. When I asked why he never told us about works he had no answer. No sorry no refund no customer service .

Breakfast is awful do not eat the sausage it not cooked.

Lad serving breakfast can't speak or understand English u ask for brown sauce you get a knife and fork .

• Stayed April 2012
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I reserved a room several days in advance of my arrival, and called the morning of the day of my arrival to reconfirm, however, on my arrival at 4.30pm I was informed that the hotel was full and I would have to take a taxi to a different hotel which the receptionist had arranged. This other hotel did not have easy access to the Underground which is why I booked The Firs Lodge in the first place and would require another cab ride in the morning.
I work in the travel industry and spend half my life in hotels so I'm used to finding my way around, but I would NEVER book in West Hounslow again, very rough, dirty and unattractive.
Definately not a place for a woman on her own!!
I ended up finding my own hotel - I walked about a mile to Hounslow Central (much better area) and stayed at the Days hotel which was very clean and comfortable and MUCH closer to the Underground!! I will give the Days Hotel and excellent review and the price was slightly less.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

room 17 needs up dating
bathroom or so called bathroom facilties were very dissapointing caution on the verge of disgusting no bath a room with toilet and shower very close to one another .When toilet was flushed water sprang up shower plug hole!!!
Wardrobe was unstable!!
Door opened straight into dinning room giving dinners a very indepth view of our room not very nice!!!!
Freinds arrived day later their room was more superior and clean!!!
On a positive side location very good for visiting City by tube and parking was very good too!!! bed was ok with a new mattress!!
Overall room 17 needs updating!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

cheshire, uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

the hotel is really easy to find, nice to look at outside with free arking and a 2 minute walk to the tube... however.... it says 24 hour check in available which it s not... we arrived at 11 am to be sent away again due to check in being at 1pm, we were shown to a room which was a door directly off the dining room, it was clean and tidy, but bulbs in lamps were broken so no reading in bed... the sink was not in the bathroom but in the bedroom... 4 plugs and 2 plug holes for tv, fridge, hairdryer, two bedside lamps etc... when I opened the double wardrobe doors the wardrobe fell on me... the tv remoe could not be used as it had no back to hold the batteries in...
The linen was immaculate in the bed, but evidence of previous guests on the mattress, walls and in cupboards, and even a half empty leaking bottle of milk left in the fridge... the bathroom had a loo and you had to clamber over the loo to get to the shower... the shower plug hole spewedout watwer when the loo was flushed so we refrained from having a shower. The room was tidy and spacious but noisy due to the family that owned the hotel mooching around in the dining room which was directly behind our bedroom door... we had to stand in the dining room to enter our room.
When we awoke in the morning it was to a sound of dripping...we thoughtnthe radiator may have been heating up.. but found out it was a leak through our ceiling from the room upstairs dripping onto our floor.... we had breakfast comprising of 1 slice bacon 1 egg and two sausages... tea and coffee and toast was also served... upon talking to the hotel owner about the leak he said the maintenance man was due and he would mention it, no question of where in the room it was how bad it was or had we suffered, or was anything damaged, but "it never happened before" which is a lie because one of the reviews given last year said they had a leak... no discount was offered and so we left very quickly.. the owners very very polite and friendly but we wouldnt stay there again..

Room Tip: choose a good room .... stay elsewhere