“Good business hotel with good location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Hounslow B&B and Inns
London
“Good business hotel with good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The Room I was given was well cleaned and maintained, Breakfast are quite sufficient for skipping the lunch if required.Staff is very good, co-operative and helping. I had got a room with a good view of the garden which is well maintained and they have several cameras for guest safety and Security .The Location is also good for daily commuters who travel either by underground tube (3 Min walking) or using the TFL Bus services. Also connectivity to the airport is good. They even upgraded me to twin room as there was vacany. I stayed here for 15 days and it was a good experienoce.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the first floor especially the Family rooms or with big Windows
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

if you like the smell of other people cooking across the hall from you, if you like to hear people- noise until into the night, if you like a room with tacky furniture, smelly rooms, toilets that drip, no hot water at night, this is the place for you.......STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Please stay away
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meincalifoRnia

Travellers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

Weymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked to stay here for work. I was extremely disappointed when I had arrived and could have cried when I got to my room. It smelled of s##t, I complained and they did move me but the next room I got was smaller than a box, I asked if she was having a laugh but she said that was all she had. there was only 2 milks in tea tray, no towels or loo roll, I went to get some, she gave me towels but said she didn't have any loo roll left! The next day when I got there after work my room had been serviced but my cakes, deodorant and shower gel had gone missing, thank God I hadn't left my money behind. I sat in the garden as my room was so small but they have a few sheds down the bottom with junkies and what looked to me like issilum seekers, no one spoke much English at all. In the garden or part of the staff. In all I really wish I hadn't bothers wasting my time here, I should have gone to a premier inn.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here as we wanted to cut corners and stay within a tight budget. The hotel and its facilities were rudimentary at best however, if you a lucky enough to get a slightly bigger room then the place is breathable.

This is a hotel for those who are gonna spend their whole day out and come back for sleeping only. The staff was friendly and accepted additional requests (extra mattress). The place is at 2 mins walk from Hounslow West tube station from where you can take a 10 minutes tube ride to Heathrow airport. Also their are two small grocery stores right next to the lodge. Near the tube station you will find a variety of restaurants and few other shops (laundary, barber, travel agents etc). Lastly, the locality is inhabited by people from Indo-Pak sub-continent. We were told to act cautious from security point of view while wandering outside however didnt feel any threat even late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank raazaa
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

This Hotel is location near to airport and Hounslow West tube station, the staff was really helpful and same breakfast every morning(There should me menu for every day). We got a good deal for reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adilshariff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

wonderful location near to airport and tube station.no worry for late travellers its 24hrs .moreover helpfull staff and lovely breakfast in morning in reasonable price.i have visited this place before and everytime feel wonderful.

Room Tip: room 5 first floor on the back
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hobde
Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I booked this b&b through Booking.com and the pictures on there in no way resembled what I saw. Reception was a tiny, unwelcoming plain oblong room. I had to move my overnight bags out of the way for a gentleman to pass through. Receptionist didn't hardly converse and I wasn't told about free wi fi or access to the garden. Just the time of breakfast. We were shown to our double room (No 15) up mismatched carpeted stairs (definately not the lovely ones booking.com featured) It resembled more of a workmans back entrance. Room was adequate, but had mismatched furniture and the front window was very draughty and didn't block out the traffic noise very well, so on our first night, I didn't sleep very well. Breakfast, was again not in the rooms featured on the pics. It was in a newly decorated room with no windows or natural light, so it felt strange. Food was fine, although the fried eggs were hard, so if you want runny eggs, then ask like I did on my 2nd morning. I was horrified to witness tables being 'cleaned' down by a swipe with a dry white towel. Good points are, the young man serving breakfast was friendly and his service was good. The tube station and shops are a few minutes walk away and our bathroom was nicely done too. Believe me, I'm not too fussy as I am a well seasoned traveller, but I won't be using this hotel again, as the expectation was a big let down when I saw the reality. perhaps in another part of the building it may look lovely, but not in the one we were in and that part was definately not refurbished as advertised.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family