“Perfect location for us”
Review of Shalimar Hotel

Shalimar Hotel
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
“Perfect location for us”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We had to book a room to stay local to Hounslow. Very friendly staff and good filling breakfast. Comfy bed. In need of a bit of decor freshen up but for the money great place to stay. Comfy room which had its faults but everywhere has

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Broseley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

It's cheap you get what you pay for could be cleaner breakfast ok, staff friendly. Lots of steps didnt see any disabled facilities. About 45 min walk from Twickenham stadium easy to get too off m4. We have stayed here several times for the rugby

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen P
wales
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We love staying in Hounslow , and this is the third time staying at the Shalimar .
The hotel is what you should expect for £50 per night b and b half an hour outside central London
Courteous friendly staff , clean double room and decent full english breakfast with cereals , toast, fresh fruit , yoghurts , juice and as much tea and coffee as you wish .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WalesMichelle
michelle8671
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for myself, my partner, sister, brother in law and father. So how did I feel when we arrived? I'd read previous reviews so my expectations were low.
Our room hadn't been touched from the previous occupants. We were assured it would be by the time we got back in the evening so I left my luggage there. My sisters room was atrocious. It looked dirty and pokey. My father's room had someone else's luggage in it!
The communal areas were scruffy and not very clean with dirty laundry piled in corridors and vacuum cleaners to trip over.
Breakfast was ok, plentiful with plenty of choice. The cooked option was ok.
Sorry but I wouldn't return and I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank michelle8671

Travellers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

Newquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

5 of us booked into 3 rooms to go to the theatre, we were given the keys to our rooms, another persons luggage still in there and we had access!! room was awful, hair and used tissues in the drawers, fan in the bathroom filthy we took a photo of this, when we got back to our room in the evening the fan had miraculously been changed for a new one coincidence???? i think not!!!??
we had 2 rooms at the basement of the hotel, my father could not use the shower in his room as the base was too high off the floor! and the springs kept popping up from the matress, my sister had a family suite which was available for the 2 of them and their room wasnt quite so bad on the upper floor to reception
and you get woken up at 6am by the aeroplanes, convenient location was the only thing going for this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tracy S
London
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had to stay locally for a night and the price was right. I have seen the reviews but decided to risk it as we stayed on a Saturday night and just for one night. The check in process was good and quick, the room was nice. Yes, we were almost above the restaraunt which turns a kind of nightclub and the music was real loud. However, as we were preoccupied until 12 am anyway, we did not mind much. After midnight, it become very quiet.
nice breakfast inclusive of the price. Overall an ok stay for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coollondon
Norfolk
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here on Sat 15th June due to going to the Rihanna concert at Twickenham. We booked at the beginning of January requesting a room for 4 people. On arriving the hotel looked quite nice the man on reception was very helpful and booked us a taxi to the Stadium. The room wasn't that special but fairly clean. Unfortunately we were woken at 1.20am by some girls thinking it was there room luckily my husbands had moved the cabinet closer to the bed so he could put his phone there so this was partially blocking the door. It was not done for any other reason! We didn't have any towels in the room but I had brought some with me so that wasn't a big problem. The breakfast was nice.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family