Stayed here as I was flying out of Terminal 5 on the day of the Royal Wedding and was worried that I wouldn't be able to get to the airport easily.
I booked a spa treatment, which was lovely and I could also use the hydrotherapy rooms.
The room itself was comfortable with all the amenities you would expect of a hotel of this calibre. I would also have expected free wi-fi for the price.
As I was on my own, I walked over to Carluccio's in Terminal 5 for dinner. I also bought the books for my flight from WH Smith. And some snacks from M&S. Very handy. The next morning I watched the Royal Wedding on tv until it was time for me to check-out of the hotel and check-in to my flight.
It isn't the cheapest airport hotel option - otherwise you would've chosen somewhere else. But it was one that allowed me to make a spa afternoon out of arriving the day before. And the access to the Terminal 5 restaurants and shops is extremely handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel