“An oasis of calm”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I've stayed in this extremely comfortable and very convenient hotel four or five times since it opened. It's not cheap, but saves the cost and inconvenience of buses, which can mean an all-important extra hour in bed when catching an early flight from T5. The breakfast is excellent and staff have always been courteous and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sofitel London Heathrow

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I went to the Sofitel for one night during a business conference. This is the best place I ever stayed at for airport access: The lift from the underground car park takes you to the hotel reception level or straight to the terminal 5.
Its a new hotel with modern design throughout. My room was very spacious and tastefully furnished and decorated (I liked the cream leather seats with footstools).
I have marked it 4 out of 5, because i) my shower did not get properly hot in the morning, and ii) the service at breakfast was a little slow for this hotel class.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I are booking to stay again at the Sofitel, Terminal 5 and we saw that they have just won two “Best Airport Hotel” awards. Well, we’re not surprised because we’ve found them to be consistently superb and clearly deserve the awards.

We have stayed several times since it opened and have found that the team at Sofitel T5 always work hard to make their guests feel at home and relaxed. Our last stay was in July 2011 when were made to feel special from the moment we arrived. The concierge welcomed us, arranged for our bags taken inside and then up to our room. He also let me leave my car just outside whilst we checked in. The lady that checked us in had our reservation ready and we were quickly on our way to our room. The rooms are really comfortable and I am delighted that there is now free WiFi through out the hotel. Why on earth can’t other top flight hotels not do the same?

When I got back from moving my car into the long term car park it was time to eat. We chose the Vivre restaurant where dinner is served with “live cooking a la carte”. This means that you can see the chefs cooking your food to order. It’s a well oiled team that shouts, “Oui Chef!” as your order goes in. I had a fillet steak that, once again, beat most of the French restaurants that I’ve ever eaten in. It was tasty, tender and top quality. Cooked to perfection, just the way I like it.

When staying away from home we quite often have a disturbed night because of being in a strange place. This didn’t happen at the Sofitel T5 because the comfortable bed, together with how the hotel team made us feel so much at home, meant that we slept really well. The next day we made time for breakfast and we were glad that we did. Plenty of airport hotels offer such an awful breakfast that is best not to bother. The Sofitel Heathrow breakfast on the other hand offers an extensive choice where everything is freshly cooked or presented. They seem to only serve a small amount of anything and then replenish it quickly before it runs out. That way you can be sure that what you get is always freshly cooked.

Checking out was easy and we left feeling really refreshed for the long flight ahead of us. Getting to the departures hall is really easy because the Sofitel has its own covered way and dedicated lift that takes you right there. It’s just as easy if you are arriving and want to get to the Sofitel. Go to the dedicated lift and press the “Sofitel” button. You’ll be taken direct to their covered walkway that leads into the hotel. It is a very short walk that's made easier if you put your cases on a trolley.

If you are looking for a little haven away from the bustling crowds at Heathrow then the Sofitel is for you. It’s an excellent hotel with a perfect location.

Room Tip: The rooms my wife and I have slept in have all been good.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you can great a good deal this is the only place to stay and park if flying out of Heathrow terminal 5.

Stayed here before a late morning flight. What a beautiful hotel! From the lobby to the rooms this place is real quality (which helps explain why it is expensive!). Very convenient for terminal 5 particularly compare to the slow and unreliable hopper bus! Very good underground car park and particularly liked that you went straight there to pick up your car rather than collect your keys at reception.

I would definitely stay here again as the convenience outweighs the additional cost to nearby hotels however I would never eat here again. It is way too expensive for what it is and there are alternatives in the nearby terminal.

Highly recommended as an stay and park hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have stay twice on multiway business trips. Very comfortable and perfect for Heathrow T5. The 2 restaurants are good.

Free WiFi but pricy car parking.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you are looking for a stress free start to your holiday/flight then this is the way to do it.
Attractive hotel, friendly staff and direct access to terminal 5. I bought a package and the parking was included, We had no stress of gettting a hopper from the car park to terminal (usually with a fee) and especially great when travelling in freezing conditions!!! When we returned our car was safe and secure in the huge underground car park...No de-icing necessary... Yes I would agree not the cheapest, but in my opinion by far the best.. Same goes for Sofitel at Gatwick, both are great.... Sofitel would be my choice everytime!

Room Tip: Shop around for a good package!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H0lidayqueen50
Reviewed 10 February 2012

As expected from the Sofitel chain, this hotel offered beautiful rooms, social spaces and attentive service. The food was exquisite and the location was ideal for terminal 5. As with others, I was shocked at the cost of food and drink, and, particularly, the cost of anything on the room service menu.

Some examples:

Breakfast in room for 2 : £48.50
Glass of orange juice for 2 in room: £10.40
Cost to call USA: £9 per minute.
Gin and tonic at bar: £9-10

..may be best to walk the 5 minutes to Carluccio's in the terminal?

Room Tip: As for a room with an external window. I really don't understand why so many hotels now have ro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!