Although a little on the pricey side I booked this hotel more for the convenience/location as we had a very early flight from T5 the next morning and am very glad I spent the extra.
Arriving into T5 via London Underground, it was well signposted and easy to find, the walk from the terminal was 5 minutes. As you enter the hotel to the reception area, I was very surprised at how calm and relaxed it seemed when 100 yards away it was madly busy.
Getting into the room, it was a little on the small side but was perfectly formed for a 1 night stay. The decor was nice and calming, the bathroom was lovely and omg! the bed was amazing, its just a shame my alarm went off at 4am! The room was also very quiet, there was no disturbance from any aircraft or even from neighbouring rooms.
I would definately stay here again for my next trip through Heathrow Airport if I had the pennies to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel