We chose the Sofitel due to its onsite carpark and direct, covered link to Terminal 5 and we were not disappointed! The hotel is not cheap but its deal for overnight accommodation and 15 days' parking was worth every penny.
Our room was spacious with a fabulous reclining chair, very comfortable bed and wonderful, walk-in shower. Downstairs the restaurant for afternoon tea was a very welcome treat after our long journey to the airport - the choice of teas was amazing and we enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea.
Dinner in the main restaurant was a little busy, but the food was good and the service excellent, serving a mixture of business travellers and holiday makers. The porters in Reception deserve a special mention for meeting our every need in a friendly, super-efficient manner.
The main treat, however, was the fragrant walk we had between the hotel and Terminal 5. Perfumed scents accompanied us on the way to the airport and on our arrival home in typical pouring rain we were greeted by the same wonderful, spa-style scent as we happily left our fellow passengers queuing for the outside carparks and walked back to the hotel and its carpark.
So, overall not the cheap option but if you can afford it, pure luxury and a very relaxed way to start and end a holiday via Terminal 5. Superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel