We stayed here 2 Jan 2013. The check in process was a nightmare. It took 30 mins to check into the hotel because of long queues and inefficient processes. Not what you're looking for after a very long journey and an early start. We decided to have dinner in Vivre restaurant. It has an open kitchen where you can see all the chefs cooking up the food. During our dinner, we found the service to be less than average and three times we watched the chefs duck behind a pillar and eat food with their hands and then they didn't wash their hands before returning to their station and preparing food. Really guys - if you;re going to try and hide make sure you can't be seen from all the tables in the restaurant and at least wash your hands - it's not a difficult thing. Then to find that they had charged me twice for the accommodation. To be honest - not a good experience overall. The rooms were fine, but the service and the process was most definitely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel