We spent two nights at the beautiful Sofitel and were so pleased with the hotel that we didn't mind the trek to the city a few times. Our "standard" room was very comfortable with a nice bathroom and the possibility of making coffee or tea. The staff is very courteous; they quickly connected us with a physician when we had a medical question we needed answered. There is a tea room with delicious sandwiches and two restaurants: one is French and the other serves spicy Asian food.
We used a driver for transportation but we did try the tube once. Right outside Harrod's door, we took the Knightsbridge tube which took us directly to Heathrow, terminal 4. To go the the Sofitel, terminal 5, you get off a little before the end of the line and take the train the rest of the way. The tube from Heathrow to London takes an hour, for four to seven pounds. The train takes fifteen minutes, for about twenty pounds. It's easy and efficient...England is so civilized!
A useful tip: If you are taking an international flight, you will have to go to terminal 4. That involves a fifteen minute walk and there is a shuttle, but if you have a lot of luggage like us, you might prefer to have the hotel arrange a taxi ride, for seventeen pounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel