“The best way to park and fly from T5”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton keynes
“The best way to park and fly from T5”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent hotel, nice people, great rooms, convenient underground parking that gives you the exit ticket before you fly.

The restaurant has a surprising range of cuisines... something for anyone.

Fly early and feel refreshed... If the boss won't pay, change jobs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellinBaz
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased that your stay with us was excellent and your room was to your liking with our staff providing a welcoming and efficient service. I am glad you were able to depart early the following day refreshed and well rested.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,492)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My first stay here, but not my last. It is a bit of a trek from the terminal, but it's still convenient when travelling from Terminal 5. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the service was great. I had afternoon tea there, which was very reasonably priced, and the staff boxed the pastries I couldn't eat.
My room was spacious, well equipped and very clean. It was one of the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel for a long time.

Room Tip: Highest floor end of corridor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased that your stay with us was pleasant and you found your room spacious, comfortable and well appointed. I am glad our team were helpful and able to assist you and you received great service.

Kent
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have stayed at the sister propriety at Gatwick before and I felt comfortable booking here before a morning flight out of terminal five. The Heathrow hotels are getting a bit tired and it is nice to stay in a newer property. If you are not flying in to or out of terminal five, this hotel is unfortunately not really convenient. It is connected with a covered walkway to the terminal.
Staff is very professional. Service is good throughout. The best thing about the rooms are the extremely comfortable beds.
Two small niggles : In this day and age Wi-Fi should be free in hotels like these.
Luggage trolleys at the walkway would be handy.
Tip: Try different websites when booking because the cheapest is not always the best option. For only a few pounds more others include breakfast which is excellent at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased that your stay with us was pleasant and you found your room comfortable and well appointed with our team providing a professional and friendly service throughout the hotel.

We do provide a complimentary wifi service throughout the hotel to all our guests however this is for emails or light browsing and not sufficient for downloading larger documents or large amounts of data, for this we suggest upgrading to our high speed package at a cost of £15.

Our concierge always have airport trolleys available for our guests and these can be taken through to the terminal.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for a number if years as it is directly connected (although a bit of a hike) from Terminal 5. The hotel is a very modern, smart hotel with comfortable, stylish lounges, several bars and restaurants, including the fine dining offering La Bell Époque. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and some have access to the Club Millisieme, which is the hotel's Executive Lounge and is a pleasant place to relax and have a drink or continental breakfast. The housekeeping throughout the hotel is of a high standard and all the five star services and facilities are very much in place.

So why the average rating? In my opinion this is a very good hotel let down by inconsistency and a reluctance to take in board feedback and learn from it.

During our last and final stay, there was no one at the front of the hotel to greet us and help us with the luggage, and we had to wait quite a few minutes for someone to come which as it was a wet and cold evening was not pleasant.

Check-in was busy but it is a large hotel and this is perhaps understandable, although perhaps for guests staying in rooms with Club Millisieme access, it would be nice to offer check in there. The young lady that checked me in was warm and welcoming and all seemed fine. I ordered an early morning wake it call and checked if I had been allocated a room with a view to the airport as I like to watch the planes.

The room was of the category we ordered and was externally facing but had no view to the take off path of the planes - again a minor detail, but perhaps at this level it should not have happened.

Luckily for me I had set the alarm on my phone as the wake up call I ordered did not materialise, which could have meant we overslept and missed our flight.

I also asked for help with the luggage but this did not arrive and thus we had to drag our heavy suit case down long carpeted corridors, which was not easy.

I wrote to the hotel and reported the problems we had experienced, and without going into too much detail, it was clear that my feedback was not welcomed and instead of being offered an apology or some form of compensation I received a quite defensive and negative response.

I feel this a great shame as I have always been very supportive of the hotel and do believe it to be an excellent property, which is sadly let down by inconsistent service and a defensive management team. Surely the only way we learn and improve is through feedback and constructive criticism, and I believe this is what I have always sought to do. Therefore, I am unable to recommend this hotel, and will sadly not be staying here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are well sound proofed but you can hear some corridor noise, especially near service/fire...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Sofitel has come to my rescue on more than occasion in London, and so it did again. Located in Terminal 5 although easily reached by train from the other terminals at the airport.

The room was big, had a large screen TV, comfortable chair, king size bed and quiet - which considering the planes just a few yards away is quite a feat.

Bathroom was great, with both a bath and a walk in shower, and the shower had two separate shower heads. One that falls like gently falling rain, and one that will split your chest open if you turn the faucet on quickly! The bar was good (Todd makes a very good Martini; I know, I had several!) and the restaurant (which I will review separately if I can) was fine too. An hour from sitting in my room, I was in Piccadilly circus and the hustle and bustle of central London, which is not bad at all. The hotel is expensive if not booked well in advance, but I have to say, it really is worth every penny. Even if you fly from one of the other terminals, consider staying here, it is worth the effort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and for your kind recommendation to other users.

I am pleased we were able to come to the rescue and that your stay with us was comfortable and convenient and also that our Martinis are very good!!

We look forward to coming to your rescue on more occasions in the future and being able to welcome you back.

Denton, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My visit has been too short. I had to skip dinner, but I had breakfast before leaving. I have been impressed by the kindness of waiter and waitresses. Should I go through London Heathrow again in the near future, I would certainly spend another night at Sofitel Hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and impressive however disappointingly short and I am glad you found our team to be friendly and empathic.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again in the not too distant future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The Sofitel is the perfect hotel to stay at for passengers flying British Airways and connecting through London. The hotel is located at Terminal 5 within walking distance from the arrivals area. The ambiance is pleasant, the rooms are very clean, the bar and restaurants are very good and the service is superb. This is the best airport hotel I have stayed at anywhere.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and for your highest recommendation of the best airport hotel anywhere!

I am pleased your recent stay was excellent and convenient for you when travelling through Heathrow. I am glad you found our staff friendly and providing superb service and you found your room to be comfortable and well appointed.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!