“Very Nice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I checked into this hotel for 2 nights after a long flight from Los Angeles. The rooms were very clean and the service was exceptional. I even had an important meeting that I would have missed as I slept through the sound of my alarm clock. The hotel staff went above and beyond and came to my door to wake me up. The meeting was the main reason I was actually in London and I would have missed it if not for them. The room service was great and so was the concierge service. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Good value for the money. Excellent service!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on our hotel, I am delighted how highly you appreciate the service, atmosphere, rooms and facilities. I was pleased that you felt our staff went above and beyond your expectations with regards to your morning wake up call.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our first stay at a Sofitel. We deceided to stay, as I am sure most people do, because of the close proximity to T5 (approximately 5 mins walk from departures without the need to venture outside). This meant a nice lie in and a more relaxing journey when we had to fly in the morning - we will be doing this again!

The hotel itself is of a very high standard with excellent staff. A very clean and comfortable bar served excellent snacks for an informal dinner the night before our flight. I'd be happy to stay here longer, but you cannot ask any more of a hotel in terms of quality and location if flying from T5. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you found the location of the hotel convenient and the terminal easily accessible.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Booked a suite for myself , wife and 2 kids before Christmas and from check in to check out the 'experience' was disappointing. Kids couldn't enter the spa or lounge , room was terribly hot during the night and no water bottles to be found resulting in a sore throat for the Christmas holidays! It strikes me that due to the look , location of this hotel they have a very captured audience and therefore don't feel the need to deliver the same levels of customer service I receive when staying at the many other Sofitel Hotels I very regularly use.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel,

I was concerned to read you were disappointed after you recent stay with us,

With regards to our Club Lounge, children over the age of 12 are permitted in our lounge as long as they are accompanied by an adult, however we do have many guests with younger children use the lounge facilities such as drinks, canapés and take them to there room or a different lounge area where they feel more comfortable but I will review this for the future.

Unfortunately children under the age of 16 are not permitted in our Spa due to health and safety as it is recommended children do not use the hydro pool, if guests do require any assistance with children’s activities we can assist via our Guest Relations Team on guestrelations1@sofitelheathrow.com who can advice and book attractions or activities in the local area.

We do offer complimentary water in the in room fridge and I am sorry if this was not explained to you upon arrival.

I apologise for the short falls you experienced on your last stay, I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for the night prior to departure and on return from NZ. It is very conveniently sited for terminal 5 in particular, but for other terminals at Heathrow. I found all the staff I had contact with at this hotel very helpful whatever the time of day. The rooms are very well appointed with comfortable beds and a bathroom with bath and separate shower. The television has a good range of programmes and entertainment. There is a good choice of things for breakfast and, if ordered as room service, is delivered promptly. I had cooked breakfast which was plentiful and delivered hot. The evening prior to departure I ate in La Belle Époque. It is on the pricey side, but very good quality cuisine and very good value. On my return I ate in Vivre. This is a lively restaurant, less expensive and equally good value. The bar is very pleasant with a wide range of drinks. All in all, this provided a very good and comfortable start and end to my trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the Sofitel London Heathrow. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay including your dinner in La Belle Époque, Breakfast in Vivre and our Sphere Bar. I will share your comments with the team here and I do hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point during 2014.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After a flight from the US, we needed a hotel for an overnight stay. Since it was in the same terminal as our arriving flight, getting there was a walk, but very easy. The room was ready and staff professional and courteous.

The room was very nice with high end amenities. A little small, but the king size bed was super comfy and the bathroom was really accommodating and high end.We had high tea (which was delicious - and, again with excellent service) and then went to sleep. The black out curtains worked like a charm and we had a great sleep, which was a great transition to the new time zone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, I hope you had a safe and pleasant onward journey.

I was pleased to read that you experienced our afternoon tea which you found delicious and received excellent service. I shall share your kind comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London Heathrow in the not too distant future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Sofitel beds are the best in the world and that means a good rest before flying. The showers and bath are great and the service is impeccable. The easy transit from hotel to airport makes this stay very worthwhile. We were impressed with the quiet inside the rooms. A bit more expensive than other hotels but definitely worth the cost to be so close to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on our hotel, I am delighted how highly you appreciate the service, atmosphere, rooms and facilities. I was delighted that you found our beds to be the best in the world and you had a good night’s rest before your onward journey.

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is still by far the best hotel at Heathrow in particular because it is connected to terminal 5. I'm not sure why some travelers expect this to be a 5 star hotel. It is a Sofitel Hotel at an airport not a Ritz or Four Seasons. One can't go by the stars affixed to hotels these days by third party websites. Having said that the towels and the bathrobe in my room this trip were very worn and really not appropriate in even a 4 star hotel. Other than that everything was fine. Very nice for an airport hotel but if this were not at an airport I would not stay there.

Additionally I had to travel on this trip with a broken foot. I was on crutches so it was obvious. There were no bell hops to meet my cab and when they did come they took the bags and directed me to reception. It would have been nice if they could have checked me in. When I did check in I was told the hotel could arrange a wheel chair for me to my gate at the airport. After I said yes the woman checking me in told me I would have to again hobble across the lobby and arrange it with a different desk. It would have been nice if she could have picked up the phone and helped me out but I can't really fault them for this. It does however solidify the hotel in my mind as a good hotel for an airport stay over but not much more.

I will stay here again if I need a hotel at Heathrow but I don't expect much from this hotel....a clean comfortable bed, convenience and not much more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind recommendation on the Sofitel to be the best hotel at Heathrow, I was pleased that you found us convenient when travelling through Heathrow.

I was concerned to read you faced a few challenges with regards to your check in experience and your room, please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Heathrow Airport do offer a service for guests that require wheelchair assistance that can be booked with our Guest Relations Team, I am sorry that this was not done for you at reception and you had to walk over to the other desk. I will follow up with the Reception Team to ensure a higher level of ownership is taken by the receptionists rather than delegating to another department.

I apologise that you found the towels to be worn, we are in the process of replacing the bathroom towel stock at the moment and I will ensure your feedback is passed to the Executive Head Housekeeper so she can ensure the maids are using towels suitable for a hotel of our calibre.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!