“R.M”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“R.M”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent and friendly staff, they helped my mother she is 75 years old and speaks French, they gave all the support she need.
Room is Clean and comfortable. Was a good experience.
Special thanks to all of you, I recommend it

Stayed March 2014
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at The Sofitel London Heathrow.

I am very pleased to read that your mother had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to give her all the support she needed.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dubai
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My parents stayed here on route from Houston to Toulouse. They spent 2 nights but were unable to get the cold water tap of the shower to work and could only get tepid water in the bath. My father is going to be 80 years old in a few months and was not up to having someone come in the room to poke around with things, so they suffered it out. On check out they informed the concierge. She said to my mother that they would 'log' the issue so that the next guests did not get a faulty bath set. Well that is of no use to my parents is it? No compensation, not even a free night. This is not kind. Sofitel is off our list from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was concerned to read your feedback regarding the stay of your parents, please accept my sincere apologies that they encountered this inconvenient issue.

I was really disappointed to read the response your parents received when mentioning this on checkout, at your earliest convenience if you could kindly email our Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on Vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com as I would like to investigate this further and indentify where more corrective training can be given.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore yourself and your parent’s faith in us in the near future.

Caribbean
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Being located within terminal 5 is wonderfully convenient but it's quite a walk from the terminal through corridors and empty spaces. The room is nice but standard. Only 1 small bar of soap in the bathroom. Nice stand alone shower as well as bath. Check in and check out were friendly and efficient. Nowhere to eat in the hotel after 10.30 (except room service) which for an airport hotel of this standard was astounding; the restaurant at the Holiday Inn 10 minutes away was open and buzzing. There were 2 waiters behind the bar but it seems you have to order your drinks at the bar; no roving waiter to come and see if you want a drink. We sat for 15 minutes and when no-one came to take our order, we left. Not what I expect from a hotel of this standard. Only other gripe; when we arrived for breakfast was being asked for our room number, then asked if breakfast was included in our room and then asked to sign a voucher. All this could/should have been done at our table, not at the wait to be seated desk. Felt like an onslaught so early in the morning. Why not seat us and then ask all the questions? Breakfast buffet; normal fare; eggs were available both to order and on the buffet but chef was not visible for me to ask for eggs done to order so I ate the plastic looking fried eggs which had been sitting under hot lamps for a while...again not a luxury hotel standard..have had the same experience at a Beefeater restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following you recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was concerned to read your comments with regards to the service you received in our bar and restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies in the shortfall in service you experienced.

I would like to follow up on all the points you raised with the relevant Head of Departments and would be grateful if you could contact our Food & Beverage Manager, Globy Ouseph at your convenience by email at globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com so that we can fully understand the facts and follow up accordingly with the relevant individuals.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future and for you to have a more memorable experience.

Yours Sincerely.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Was lucky to be 'guest of the day' which meant upgrade and business lounge access. The complementary turndown service with chocolate strawberries was just a delightful surprise
The whole experience was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your most recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed being our “Guest of the Day”; I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the near future.

George Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Superb. Clean comfortable… amazing beds, easy check in. Superb location to just walk from the terminal to great comfit after a long flight.
Faultless, we will only use this hotel now for our stopovers.
Well worth the price and great room service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found our location to be convenient especially after your long flight.

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and also for your kind comments and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Anna Marie Dowling - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is a polished business hotel. My room was large and comfortable with possibly the best double glazing in the world. My room was right next to a runway and I couldn't hear a thing. Breakfast is excellent, with a great buffet. My only quibble is why a relatively expensive hotel should charge so much for wifi - this seems excessive.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that even though your room was overlooking the runway you had a peaceful night’s sleep.

Please allow me to express my apologies as our free Wi-Fi service should of been explained to you at check-in, our complimentary Wi-Fi is sufficient for browsing the internet and emails, However there are a number of different billing options available when logging into our internet service provider which is for guests who wish to download large documents or use multiple devices.

I hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Anna Marie Dowling - General Manager
Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!