“Almost perfect...except for the eye roll!”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
vancouver
“Almost perfect...except for the eye roll!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Aer Lingus put me up here when their flight delay caused me to miss my connection for twenty-four hours. The Sofitel ended up being the light in the midst of an otherwise terrible travel experience.The staff were incredibly helpful (with one exception that I'll get to later) and friendly; the room was beautiful; the food was very good, particularly breakfast, which is truly amazing (the buffet even includes a traditional Japanese breakfast as a choice).
Since Aer Lingus caused my missed connection, they also provided vouchers for meals. This was absolutely fine for dinner and breakfast, but when I entered Sofitel's tea room for lunch and mentioned to the young woman behind the counter that I had a voucher for lunch, she actually ROLLED HER EYES at me. I was so put off, I simply left. I am in late middle age, travel quite a bit, and tend to stay in very nice places. I have never experienced such rudeness from a person on the staff of a hotel in my life.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Busterthechihuahua
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that we were a light in the midst of your disrupted travel experience and that you found our staff to be incredibly helpful, the room beautiful and that you enjoyed our breakfast in Vivre.

However I was disappointed to read the experience you received in our Tea Salon – please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in service; this is not the service we aim to offer our guests and we would like to investigate the matter further.

If you could kindly at your earliest convenience contact our Food & Beverage Manager Globy Ouseph on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com to enable us to gain more information from you.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to restore your faith in us by welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,462)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the only hotel at T5 with direct access to the terminal. So if you want to avoid the hassle of shuttles, then this is the place to stay, especially if you have an early check in( mine was at 4.30).
It is a very comfortable, well maintained hotel, and gives all you would expect form this brand. But there is is something about Sofitel that I can't quite put my finger on...it all feels a bit robotic, a bit anaemic,a bit bland. An International high end hotel that could be anywhere in the world. The staff always seem to be trying to hard to be friendly and efficient but it doesn't quite work. I had the same feeling after a stay in the Sofitel in Budapest. There were one or two glitches in this stay-the check in person printed a bill in someone else's name, and the restaurant seemed very stressed, whilst being not that busy. Nothing to put me off, but the only reason to return is the location and convenience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Martin B
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be comfortable and that the experience met with your expectations of the brand.

Please accept my apologies for being issued a bill with incorrect information; this has been addressed by the Front of House Manager to the team during daily training.

I was disappointed to read that you felt there was ‘something missing’ in the service you received and would welcome any specific feedback you have to offer via email on guestrelations1@sofitelheathrow.com.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel in the future and for you to experience the warm and friendly service that we are proud to offer.

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is great & very convenient. It is expensive but it's a good quality hotel.
However on this occasion when we arrived they said they were full and could only offer us a twin room even though we had booked weeks in advanced and requested a double!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you found us to be a good quality hotel and conveniently located.

Please accept my sincere apologies as I was concerned to read that we were not able to accommodate you in a double room which you had originally booked, our Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh has addressed the situation with his team and additional training has been implemented to ensure all future booking requests are honored.

Please contact Vikramjit Singh prior to a future booking on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com so he may ensure you have a more memorable stay with us next time.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to restore your faith in our hotel.

Bochum, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spend three nights in the SOFITEL, it's a very decents and surprisingly quiet hotel which very nice interiors and well equipped rooms. I stayed here because one of my collegues used to stay here many times before. So if you arrive e.g. with BA, then you just leave the T5 towards the carpark and after 5 mins walking you are in the lobby! Since the food was a bit expensive we chose to eat in T5 instead, where you'll find a variety of restaurants and coffee bars.
And to get to Central London you can choose to go by Heathrow express or tube. Mind about the price per night though.

Room Tip: I was on ground floor, windows facing outside, that was fine and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your kind comments and that you found the hotel to be quiet with nice interiors, well equipped rooms and conveniently located with good connections to Central London.

I hope next time you stay with us you will have the pleasure of experiencing our restaurants which offer a wide range of cuisines to meet all tastes, our seasonal set menu in Vivre restaurant for dinner starts from £24.50 for 2 courses and £28.50 for 3 courses.

I hope you had a pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Perfect location, great rooms, great gym - just what's needed after a long haul flight!

You can walk straight into T5 whereas almost all other options require bus transfer.

Didn't try the restaurant but had a tasty meal in the Italian restaurant near where the walkway from the hotel connects with T5.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caledoniankiwi
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you found us to be a perfect location with good rooms and a great gym; hopefully this helped you recover after your long haul flight.

I hope on a return visit you will have the pleasure of experiencing our food and beverage options at the hotel which offer a wide range of cuisines to meet all tastes.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you have your next flight from Heathrow.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!