Aer Lingus put me up here when their flight delay caused me to miss my connection for twenty-four hours. The Sofitel ended up being the light in the midst of an otherwise terrible travel experience.The staff were incredibly helpful (with one exception that I'll get to later) and friendly; the room was beautiful; the food was very good, particularly breakfast, which is truly amazing (the buffet even includes a traditional Japanese breakfast as a choice).
Since Aer Lingus caused my missed connection, they also provided vouchers for meals. This was absolutely fine for dinner and breakfast, but when I entered Sofitel's tea room for lunch and mentioned to the young woman behind the counter that I had a voucher for lunch, she actually ROLLED HER EYES at me. I was so put off, I simply left. I am in late middle age, travel quite a bit, and tend to stay in very nice places. I have never experienced such rudeness from a person on the staff of a hotel in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel