“Great property when connecting out of LHR”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Great property when connecting out of LHR”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This really is a high quality property. (Just unfortunateky the only attraction really is LHR!) I can see staying more than one night with all London has to offer.

Ive stayed about 6 times over the last 2 years. Always prior to an flight the next day. Very nice finishes and rooms- super comfortable beds.

The services are a bit 'predatory'- they wanted to charge 5 GBP for a wine bottle opener to use in the room prior to dinner. Pointed out "we sell wine". Yes, but at the price of the rooms dont be so abusive.

Being able to walk from arrivals at T3 is nice.

Food is pretty decent.

If you ask about a transfer to T5 in the morning, you will ge hammered with a very expensive car transfer of 5 minutes for 75 GBP. Get a cab or just take the Heathrom express for free. (Hey, you'll be walking, flying and hauling bags for the next 24 hrs, whats another 15min?

Ive leanred that you need to ask for quiet rooms- decent glass, but twice I was put in rooms that had picture windows that opened onto an interior staircase/walkway. I dont need a view, but sunlight is nice, and NOT having passersby looking in would be a plus. Just asked and was accomodated.

Never at breakfast there. Usually head to one of the airline lounges (AA Flagship, LH Senator) for something before the flight.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank a s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,539)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 April 2014

At the end of our trip we dropped an employee of my husband's company off at Heathrow on a Saturday morning to catch a flight and returned our car and checked in to this hotel (our flight was out of Terminal five the next afternoon). We walked to the hotel (it is a short walk from Terminal five) and checked in mid-morning. Modern, clean room -- very quiet. We walked over to Terminal five and took the train to Kew Gardens. At the end of the day we took the train back and decided to relax and watch the soccer match in the hotel lounge (very nice) and then had a casual dinner in the restaurant across from it. Walked up to our room, slept in, and checked out the next morning and headed to check-in. Did I mention that I made a reservation the Wednesday prior so we got an amazing room rate (about half the normal rate which, I admit, we probably would not have paid). I'd read a review on Trip Advisor that mentioned to check Saturday night rates because it was essentially a business hotel and often Saturday night was discounted -- great tip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane G
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel,

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and we met all your expectations.
I am delighted that you had a lovely day in Kew and you enjoyed your evening in our Sphere bar and restaurant.

Our rates do fluctuate and our best rates can be found directly on our website.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Benbecula Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This was my third time at this hotel and this was not the best of the 3 experiences. My husband and I checked in ( it was very busy) he is a privileged member of Sofitel but we had to ask for things like the welcome drink, club access etc and got conflicting messages. The check in process was not the best compared to other sofitels we have stayed in e.g. Sopot, Brussels, Amsterdam etc.
we are coming back to this hotel in 10 days time and I do hope it is better than the previous stay.
On a positive note the room was lovely.
We did have a bar snack which was better than our last one but we still were charged 12.5% for table service but we had to go to the bar to order etc everything ourselves. Again a little disappointing.
I don't mean to gripe but as an avid trip advisor I feel other customers need to know.
May I say it is a lovely hotel and very convenient for terminal 5.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CHrisCooper
Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you experienced on your last stay with us.

There are a number of new team members on reception at the moment and I have asked our Front Office Manager to conduct some refresh training on check in to ensure that the Le Club benefits are properly explained.

I am sorry about the experience in the Sphere Bar – this will be reviewed with the bar team and by our Food and Beverage Manager.

I would like to ensure your next stay is flawless but as Trip Advisor is anonymous I cannot identify your next reservation in 10 days time so I would be very grateful if you could at your convenience email our Front Office Manager Vikram Singh – vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com so that every effort can be made to ensure your next stay is perfect.

Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased to read that you found us to be a lovely hotel and convenient for Terminal 5.

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly,

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed prior to flying to SFO. It's a bit of a trek from T5 and the restaurants at the hotel are expensive but it's great to know you get what you pay for. Beds are huge and soft. Skip their overpriced breakfast though and get go to Plane Food airside. Fab hotel for studying night before flight.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yeltzer
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

Breakfast in Vivre is priced at £19.95 per person; we pride ourselves in serving the best breakfast with dishes served from around the world to suit all tastes, we do receive many positive feedback from guests with regards to breakfast, I am sorry that you feel it is overpriced, for the future, we do have many packages available on our website some of which include breakfast.

I was pleased to read that you found out beds to be a delight and you had a good night’s rest before you’re onwards journey to San Francisco.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times when attending business meetings. I always find it comfortable, but what else would you expect from Sofitel. Very handy for any of the Heathrow terminals.
What really makes the difference is the friendliness of the staff. Everyone I've dealt with makes the effort to talk and smile. It doesn't feel forced or put on, they genuinely seem to want you to feel at ease. When you're away from home working it takes a lot of the pressure off.
The hotel facilities are just what you need on a short stay, quiet comfortable rooms (with AC), the bar is a great place to relax, the restaurant food is tasty and varied.
This is not what I expected from an airport hotel but it always leaves me pleasantly surprised. A good place to stay and an easy place to do business.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Such wonderful feedback is a pleasure to read, I am delighted you had such a memorable stay and you enjoyed our service which was friendly and attentive.

I was pleased that after your stay with us we have changed your perception with airport hotels and you have been left pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for your praise for our facilities including our car park, bar and restaurants.

Look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Perfect location if you are flying out of Heathrow in the morning. We were upgraded to an enormous room with a sitting room and conference area and two bathrooms. We were staying there for about ten hours, but it was a nice thought...
The rooms are well appointed, we had a very, very large and attractive bathroom, however it was almost impossible to figure out how to turn on the main shower, so I ended up showering with the side showers spraying me and using the hand-held shower for my hair. Fantastic toiletries, Hermes Orange-verte shampoo and bath gel, which I am going to go hunt down and buy now. I should have scooped up all the little samples in both bathrooms.
The breakfast buffet was very extensive, with a Continental breakfast, and full hot cooked American, English, Indian, or Japanese items also.
The wifi was slow.
It was expensive for an airport hotel, but I guess it was cheap for the room we were given.
When we first stayed here it had just opened, not all the floors were open, and there was almost nobody in it. Now it is bustling and filled with people. I got an excellent night's sleep, and didn't hear any noises from other guests.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schisto
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent with us.

I am delighted to read that you found us to be a great airport hotel, I was pleased that you enjoyed the experience of being upgraded to one of our suites and you enjoyed the hotel facilities and our great breakfast in Vivre.

Thank you for your kind comments and your loyalty with the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Heathrow area.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!