This really is a high quality property. (Just unfortunateky the only attraction really is LHR!) I can see staying more than one night with all London has to offer.
Ive stayed about 6 times over the last 2 years. Always prior to an flight the next day. Very nice finishes and rooms- super comfortable beds.
The services are a bit 'predatory'- they wanted to charge 5 GBP for a wine bottle opener to use in the room prior to dinner. Pointed out "we sell wine". Yes, but at the price of the rooms dont be so abusive.
Being able to walk from arrivals at T3 is nice.
Food is pretty decent.
If you ask about a transfer to T5 in the morning, you will ge hammered with a very expensive car transfer of 5 minutes for 75 GBP. Get a cab or just take the Heathrom express for free. (Hey, you'll be walking, flying and hauling bags for the next 24 hrs, whats another 15min?
Ive leanred that you need to ask for quiet rooms- decent glass, but twice I was put in rooms that had picture windows that opened onto an interior staircase/walkway. I dont need a view, but sunlight is nice, and NOT having passersby looking in would be a plus. Just asked and was accomodated.
Never at breakfast there. Usually head to one of the airline lounges (AA Flagship, LH Senator) for something before the flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel