Convenient and functional hotel when you need to be at T5 overnight. An easy (but kind of long) walk from the arrivals area at the terminal, up an elevator, and down a long corridor, and then down an escalator (use a cart if you have a lot of luggage).
Can access the Tube or Heathrow express without venturing outside if you want to head into the city.
rooms are well designed for business traveler - multi-country plugs easy to reach on the desktop, safe in the closet, coffee/tea set up. Light switches are kind of strange and easy to be flicking them on and off as you try to find the right one (slightly annoying for your sleeping spouse).
Bathrooms are modern and well designed - separate glass shower stall. Handheld hairdryer in the room at the desk which is far superior to thelow voltage in-bathroom models in the UK.
No one is planning a trip around staying at t5, but if your journey includes the need to be there for a night, the sofitel is a good way to go - and way easier than traveling offsite if your time is limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK and Priceline so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel