“Hair Salon, 5* Service but Don't Expect Champagne Before 2pm!!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This 5* star hotel won't disappoint. The look and feel is fabulous and immaculate. Public areas are spacious and there are plenty of staff to help you with every whim and request. In fact, when I left my taxi without collecting my suitcase from the boot it was the hawk eyed door man that saved my bacon when he came running after me with it! THANK YOU!!

The Bradley Smith hair salon is excellent (was busy on Saturday so book ahead). I haven't laughed like that in a long time so expect entertainment with your 5* hair cut. I didn't have time to visit the hotel spa but it looked really nice. I was sorry to miss it.

I was amazed to reach Terminal 5 departures from an escalator that starts/ends in the hotel. This was absolutely fantastic.

In fact the only thing that disappointed me, and frankly really surprised me, was that I couldn't get a glass of champagne here before 2pm.... despite the fact that this hotel has its very own champagne bar!!!! I had just stepped out of the salon, I was feeling great, my flight didn't leave for a couple of hours and sometimes a girl just fancies something sparkling!

I headed straight to the champagne bar at 11.30am and was greeted by darkness and a sign that advised it was closed until 2pm. NO problem I thought, I would head to the hotel bar... CLOSED!!! which would have been ok except the hotel restaurant was closed between breakfast and lunch so I couldn't get a glass there either!

The girls on reception were very nice about it but I was really shocked. I often fancy a G&T before lunch. I also know that international travellers with body clocks on different time zones are likely to fancy a drink, like me, at different times in the day.

Perhaps I should stick with 4* in the future... or bring my own champers from duty free :) :) :)

Room Tip: Make time to visit the Bradley Smith hair salon!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Josie J
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you review to the Trip Advisor community.

I was delighted to read your comments especially for Bradley Smith who will be delighted to know how highly you have praised him and his team.

I am sorry that it was not explained to you that we do serve a full bar service including Champagne in our Tea Salon which is directly opposite Bradley’s Salon and open all day – I will share your comments with the relevant head of departments to ensure that this information is passed onto guests.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel fabulous and immaculate and our door man was able to retrieve your bag from the taxi before he left.

I hope you had a pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose to stay at Sofitel for its location and car parking package. You simply can't get closer to terminal 5, literally a 5 min walk to check in. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable beds.

We chose to start our holiday off to great start by choosing to dine at La Belle Epoque and chose the 7-course tasting menu at £49.50 per person which was amazing. Made all the more delicious by adding the wine pairing.

The waiting staff were very attentive explaining each dish and the concept. We were encouraged to give feed back, which resulted in us having an extra dish.

Was truly a great experience a wonderful way to start our holiday. Would definitely recommend this a luxurious start to a special trip.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read your comments and that you had a memorable stay with us, I am delighted that you took advantage of our 7 course tasting menu in La Belle Époque which you enjoyed.

Thank you for your kind comments on our rooms, beds and service and I am thrilled that you had such a great experience to start your holiday.

I hope you have a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are flying from Heathrow.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here the evening before returning to Boston. The Sofitel is conveniently located at terminal 5, just a short distance to checkin and is an indoor walk. Even though at the airport, the room was free of any airport noise and in fact was exceedingly quiet.the room was quite spacious and well appointed.We will stay here gladly again! It was a first class stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted to know that you had a first class stay and you found our location convenient, rooms well appointed and you had a peaceful night’s sleep prior to your flight to Boston.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sofitel for 3 nights on business. This hotel is conveniently located in the airport. From the front you can see airplanes flying in to the airport but you can't hear anything inside. The rooms are modern spacious and clean. The bathroom had a bathtub with a tv and a separate shower. Had dinner at Vivre and ordered the Indian chicken dish and it was superb! Also got to check out club millesmie which offers free drinks and snacks. The gym was decent with a few cardio and weight machines. There is wifi throughout the hotel and a business center to print your boarding pass. The heathrow express and Piccadilly lines are conveniently located upstairs. I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and you felt like Royalty during your stay.

Thank you for your kind words and praise for our rooms, service and your dinner in Vivre, I will share your comments with the chefs who will be delighted to know how highly you have praised them.

I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel could not be any more convenient for the airport. Not having to deal with transport to/from Heathrow is a definite plus for this place. The hotel itself was very nice - clean and well furnished. Bed was comfortable, shower was great. We opted for room service during our one night stay not having the energy for a fancy restaurant. Food was good, but expensive. Was disappointed that use of the pool was 25pounds a day per room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us,
I was pleased to read your comments and praise for our room service, beds and bathroom.

With regard to our Spa the gym facilities are complimentary for hotel guests, if guests wish to use our other facilities such as the sauna, hydro pool and the relaxation lounge this is complimentary if a treatment is booked, alternatively should guests wish to just use the Spa facilities there is a discounted rate of £25 for residents.

I hope you had a pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!