This 5* star hotel won't disappoint. The look and feel is fabulous and immaculate. Public areas are spacious and there are plenty of staff to help you with every whim and request. In fact, when I left my taxi without collecting my suitcase from the boot it was the hawk eyed door man that saved my bacon when he came running after me with it! THANK YOU!!
The Bradley Smith hair salon is excellent (was busy on Saturday so book ahead). I haven't laughed like that in a long time so expect entertainment with your 5* hair cut. I didn't have time to visit the hotel spa but it looked really nice. I was sorry to miss it.
I was amazed to reach Terminal 5 departures from an escalator that starts/ends in the hotel. This was absolutely fantastic.
In fact the only thing that disappointed me, and frankly really surprised me, was that I couldn't get a glass of champagne here before 2pm.... despite the fact that this hotel has its very own champagne bar!!!! I had just stepped out of the salon, I was feeling great, my flight didn't leave for a couple of hours and sometimes a girl just fancies something sparkling!
I headed straight to the champagne bar at 11.30am and was greeted by darkness and a sign that advised it was closed until 2pm. NO problem I thought, I would head to the hotel bar... CLOSED!!! which would have been ok except the hotel restaurant was closed between breakfast and lunch so I couldn't get a glass there either!
The girls on reception were very nice about it but I was really shocked. I often fancy a G&T before lunch. I also know that international travellers with body clocks on different time zones are likely to fancy a drink, like me, at different times in the day.
Perhaps I should stick with 4* in the future... or bring my own champers from duty free :) :) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel