“Very Tidy Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here before, very pleasant Hotel, bars and restaurants also very good, but like the hotel a little pricey. One thing that was very annoying is the check out, can get a little crowded, but after paying for the room and parking, it took absolutely ages and this has happened on multiple occasions now so the hotel needs to sort this out. Would we stay again, absolutely as it is so close and convenient to T5.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bristolboy900
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

Please accept my apologies with regard to the queue upon check out – we do have peak periods throughout the day and at times there can be a short wait for reception. Should guests like a speedy checkout we do offer an express check-out box on the Front Desk; there is a small form to fill out and we will charge the card that is on file and send a copy of the invoice to the email address provided – additionally for guests who book a Park & Stay package, upon check in we can issue a exit ticket for when you return to avoid having to come back to the reception desk.

I am pleased however to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, bars and restaurants.

Thank you for your loyalty with our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (12,166)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed in to offer that variety of breakfast. The range of food available was incredible, from the Chinese porridge to the huge variety of juices and breads. Certainly makes getting up very early to fly more comfortable.

It is a little walk to get to reception, but it is very convenient walking there as it is all indoors (saves getting soaked like with some other hotels)

The room was very clean and the facilities fantastic, the beds are very comfortable, and you always greeted with a warm welcome.

Impressed with the free bottled water in the mini bar as most hotels do not offer this.

Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Do get to breakfast early, when It gets too busy it can be annoying to get breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesVik

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read how highly you have praised our hotel, restaurants and service and you found our breakfast selection in Vivre to be incredible.

I am pleased that we are your hotel of choice and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you are flying into terminal 5 you can walk off the plane, pick yourself up some delightful food from M&S and then collapse into this beautiful quiet hotel. I prefer to spend my money on this hotel than upgrade to business. There are no real hotel shuttles at Heathrow and central London is an hour away, so this is a beautiful and stress-free way to land into the UK. You get what you pay for, but I think this place is worth every penny if you are arriving from a long flight. Fitness room is quite ok too. And if you need anything you can walk 3 minutes across the corridor back to terminal 5.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms allow you to use the club where there's a nespresso machine and nice breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us,

I am pleased that you had such a memorable stay with us and you found our hotel to be a stress free option when arriving into Heathrow after a long haul flight.

Our location is indeed very convenient being linked to Terminal 5 – from the plane through to the airport to the hotel is all covered so there is no need to step outside.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wow! I have always avoided Heathrow when travelling, it's been my last choice of airport because of the pain in getting there, parking, and getting into the terminals. Not anymore, we stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow for one night before flying to the States and I could not find fault with the place. From the moment we were met by the porter kerbside to when we left the following morning and checked out at reception I encountered only great, friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble.
We eat at Vivre in the evening before our flight and even when I complained about my main course ( I like all of my hot food to be the temperature of hot lava) it was no problem, my existing dish was taken away, apologies were given although not required as this was my personal taste, and a new dish arrived within minutes so l was still able to enjoy my meal with my wife.
Breakfast the following morning was brilliant , such variety and quality and again friendly helpful staff.
I was so impressed with this hotel that l am now rethinking all of my travel plans in order to go via Heathrow so I can stop here in future. Try it you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodfan_8

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your lovely review on our hotel following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind praise for our facilities, service and restaurants which I am glad exceeded your expectations.

I am pleased to read that we are your hotel of choice and that you have plans to stay with us in the future,

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next travelling through Heathrow.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I think everything has already been said about this luxurious hotel. Location is perfect, it is a short walk from Terminal 5 to the lobby. Breakfast is abundant and caters for every taste. The room is perfectly equipped. The bellmen and the housekeeper staff were very helpful. I would only recommend one thing to the receptionists, it would be useful to keep record of the guests' preferences (in my case no feathers in the bedding) so when you stay at the hotel again do not need to disrupt the housekeeping department schedule. I would come back to this hotel without any doubt.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to feathers, you should contact the hotel in advance so as to provide your room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments to the Trip Advisor community,

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found your room perfectly equipped and our staff to be helpful and attentive.

We have implemented further training to the team to ensure all guest profiles and preferences are updated to ensure all requests are met on future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

While I'd stay at the Sofitel again if I needed to spend a layover at Heathrow, there was nothing special about the hotel - and for the Sofitel brand I was relatively underwhelmed. We stayed here because we had an early morning international flight and didn't feel like braving the tube with our bags. While the room was clean and well-appointed it was somewhat small, and the décor rather bland; additionally, our room's window faced an interior hall - so there was no natural light.

The staff were helpful and addressed us in French, as is typical of the Sofitel brand, but there wasn't really anything special to speak to in terms of service. I suppose as it's really the only 'luxury' option near Heathrow they don't have to worry about any competition. Certainly not a bad stay, but nothing to write home about - very average overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecolette

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your most recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies as I was concerned to read that you rated your stay as average and that we did not met your expectations,

There are many options for guests with regard to views from their rooms, our Zen Garden is very popular, along with the airport view, should guests like to choose a specific view please let us know at time of reservation or at check-in and our Front of House team will do their best depending on availability.

We do indeed take the stress out of catching an early flight out of Heathrow especially avoiding the morning rush hour and I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean, well-appointed and you found our staff to be helpful.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the future and to restore your faith in our luxury brand.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times during the last 3-4 years, and it is one of the few hotels I actually look forward to staying at. Conveniently located at terminal 5, and if you arrive at any of the other terminals, you can simply take the train over to T5, take a couple of escalators and you are there. Check-in is always very quick, welcoming and friendly. The rooms are spacious by European standards, the design is modern, the bathroom is top-notch and the beds are very, very comfortable. There is a very good restaurant as well as a bar on the ground level. The excellent .gym is located at the level below reception.

If you have stayed at other Sofitels you will recognize the typical Sofitel quality, and this is one of the better ones.

This should be your first choice if you travel on business through London Heathrow. You may have a point if you say it ius expensive, but remember that you typically pay the same amount for a very mediocre hotel room in Central London.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I am delighted to read your review and that you found our hotel, service and rooms to be excellent.

We do have many dining/drinking options for guests at the hotel which include 2 restaurants, 2 bars and our Tea Salon which I am glad you have experienced.

Thank you for your loyalty with the Sofitel London Heathrow and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!