This was my 3rd stay at the Sofitel Heathrow. I have stayed at many Sofitel properties around the world, and have always enjoyed their outstanding attention to detail and the way that their staff go above and beyond expectations. Sadly I found myself rather disappointed with this most recent stay. Staying in a hotel that is connected to Terminal 5 is wonderfully convenient and that cannot be beat. But there were several events during my stay of which I would have expected better from the Sofitel brand.
(1) We had requested a room with a view of the runway. Calling ahead the morning of our arrival to see if our room was ready, we were told this wouldn't be a problem and it was noted in the reservation. Upon arriving at our room, we found it had only an interior view of the atrium. It was disappointing that the front desk agent did not take note of this request in the reservation and assign us that particular room type, or at least tell us that it would not be possible.
(2) The American electrical outlet in the room did not work, so we were unable to charge our devices without the use of an adapter.
(3) I used the automated system to book a wake up call for 6am. Later, I called back to change it to 6.45am. My call was answered by the front desk, who told me they would take care of it. Instead of being woken up at 6.45am, a wake up call came in at 5.45am, followed by another at the time of the original request at 6am, followed by a third call at 6.45am.
(4) I called to request an extra pillow and some extra toiletries. Waited an hour and nothing. Called again and was told someone would be right up. By the time they finally showed up an additional 30 minutes later, I had already gone to bed.
(5) As an Accor platinum member, we were told that we would receive free internet. The hotel offered a basic low-speed service at no charge for everyone, and a high speed service for an additional fee. I called down to the front desk to ask which service the platinum members were entitled to. The agent didn't know and said she would have to call back. She called back 15 minutes later and told us to select the paid high-speed service and then the charge would be credited back to our bill. We used express checkout the next morning and returned home to find the charge had been billed to our credit card. I am currently waiting for this to be adjusted.
I don't consider any of these events to be major catastrophes - it's just that I am surprised they happened with the typical high level of training and quality usually found in the Sofitel brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel