BA or Iberia travellers using Terminal Five at Heathrow probably pay more for an easy life by choosing to stay here. The location - adjacent to the concourse - is unbeatable, especially when you're tired or getting up early. The hotel itself is sleek, chic and comfortable, but previous reviewers have noted that the ambience and amenities are not always matched by the discreet, confident and effective service one might expect at a Five Star price. There was no recognition of our Club Accor account on this occasion. On recent stays the desk staff have been friendly enough but they have also seemed inexperienced or even nervous about their own business processes and protocols. There is quite a bit of anxious and protracted screen staring, typing and conferring with back office colleagues, during which the guest is left waiting and wondering if everything is in order. This has happened at both check in and check out. A house rule banning luggage trolleys is very strange for an on-terminal property. Breakfast is disgracefully overpriced when non-inclusive room rates are booked, especially as child prices apply only up to the age of 11. The breakfast here is fine, but no more special than at nearby three and four star hotels, and a continental breakfast certainly doesn't warrant an extra £79.80 (that's an eye-watering 99 EURO or $135) for a family of two adults and two children over 12. The hotel is very pleased with itself and it charges high, but it could learn from establishments around the world about consistent excellence, staff initiative and anticipating the needs of the guest. Fair pricing for quality received also engenders true loyalty, but perhaps airport hotels can afford to be more predatory and a little less concerned about repeat business? One definite 5 Star attribute, however, is the quality of the beds and bedding. Sleep was blissful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, ACCOR, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel