“TV over the bath.... but it didn't work”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“TV over the bath.... but it didn't work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights after a holiday to Italy, left the luggage and headed on the underground into central London before our flight to Manchester. Lovely large room, with very comfortable bed and chair. the shower was great, the bath was fine, although the fact it had a tv over it got my wife rather excited, especially as our infant son was staying with us, so I ran her a bath so she could relax and watch x factor, whilst he slept.... however we could not get it to work, it turned on but that was it, and despite trying to call reception (no answer) and ever heading down to the concierge desk, for a solution, In the end after trying for an age to get it sorted we gave up. so no x factor final! only a small issue but It wasn't dealt with great. we could have had 'maintenance' sort it if it didn't take so long and we had to put our son to bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the TV issue, I was sorry to hear that your son did not get to watch his favorite program.
I shall share your comments with our Maintenance Manager to avoid any re-occurrence of this inconvenience and with our Front of House Manager to be efficient in answering every call we receive.
I apologise that this situation wasn't resolved as efficiently as it should have been and will ensure that steps are put in place to deal with these issues promptly in the future.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

i had a short stopover trip to London and stayed at the Sofitel for one night. The overall service was excellent but there was a young man working in the breakfast section called Oskar that really stood out. he was extremely helpful and more importantly seemed genuinely interested in making people feel welcome.
I travel a lot and often feel that sometimes the staff are nice because they have to be. He was great and deserved to be recognized for it. I will probably stay there again because of the service he provided.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MAECHIEBO
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast in our Vivre Restaurant, I will share your positive comments with Oskar, who will be very proud for the service he provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are flying to Heathrow Terminal 5 again and to enjoy another memorable experience with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient and is attached to Terminal 5 in LHR. It is a bit on the expensive side but then again you are paying for convenience. You can get to the lobby using the luggage carts from arrivals baggage claim.

Good room service and spa.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hani A
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your feedback regarding our convenient location; as we are connected via a covered link bridge to Terminal 5.
I am pleased that you found our 'Room Service' and 'Spa' to be good facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Sofitel London Heathrow.

Vaucluse France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our second stay here. First time we had a problem with a missed wake-up call. This time we were to meet up with other family members who were travelling to join us to fly out the next day on holiday.

They were due in at a certain time and we had arranged to eat together but the traffic between Gatwick and Heathrow was horrendous, their plane was late and by the time we got together there seemed to be no chance of a table in either restaurant before silly o'clock.

We were eventually seated but the service was so incredibly slow that it was, in fact even sillier o'clock before we got any food which, in any case, was not worth waiting for. The service in the restaurant was poor at best.

The rooms, as ever were comfortable but next morning it took a very long time to have our luggage brought down. However the convenience of the location is so very good that we would probably use it again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings in service that you received during your dinner experience and I totally understand your frustration with having to wait for a free table to be available in our restaurants.
Due to a high volume of guests, we suggest to our guests to make a reservation in advance to have a table available at their disposal. I can appreciate that this was very difficult for you on this occasion.
Please contact our Food and Beverage manager, Globy Ouseph on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com prior to a future booking so he may ensure that you experience the 5 star service that we are proud of at the Sofitel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am an ongoing fan of the Sofitel brand. The quality of the rooms, with the nice baths & beds is
something I look forward to. --- An overnight at Heathrow (easy bus transfer from the Terminal 5
location to flight out of Terminal 4) was convenient. --- The soundproofing is really good! And the
key card is required at the elevators for security. (A mention by the desk staff would eliminate that confusion.) ---- The only negative is that the restaurant must be a concession operation.
Expensive with dismal service for a captive audience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GRD1834
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the use of the key cards in the lifts not being explained to you upon checkin. The Front Office Manager will share your comments with his team during the daily handovers to ensure that this information is passed on to all guests whilst checking in.
I was disappointed to read your feedback on our restaurants; pleasecould you email our Food and Beverage Manager Globy Ouseph on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com to discuss further details.
I hope you will choose to come back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in thenear future and experience the 5 star service in our restaurants that we are so proud of.

Acushnet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I came from America for a meeting in Devon before returning to Heathrow and continuing on to other places. I arrived on a Thursday morning and left my large checked piece of luggage with the Sofitel for my return on Friday evening and subsequent departure from Terminal 5 very early on Saturday morning. The location made this a very easy way to travel. I wish that I had more time in the room because it was extremely comfortable. The lounge area was pleasant enough but they seemed to be training wait staff at the time. To their credit, the woman who seemed to manage the lounge noticed that my service wasn't up to standard and quickly stepped in personally took over. The restaurant, on the other hand, had excellent service and good food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received in our Club Millesime, Training new starters into the business should not affect the service you receive and I am sorry for this shortcoming.
However I am pleased to read of your pleasurable experience in our restaurantsand we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow before starting our honeymoon adventure in September 2013. The hotel is very nicely decorated and the reception we received upon entering and checking in was very good.
Our room was upgraded free of charge which was a nice little extra. The room itself was spacious and the shower was amazing. There was also a television in the bathroom but ours appeared to be out of use, which was fine as I'm not sure how much use it would have had anyway. The hotel restaurant lacked ambience and was a little overpriced for the quality of food received. The bread for the table was somewhat stale and the lady that welcomed us was not very welcoming. Overall it was an OK meal but we've had better quality of food at more reasonable prices. However, the breakfast in the morning was very nice with a vast array of choices on offer. We also had a couple of night caps in the hotel bar. The staff were friendly but again it lacked ambience, the chairs were very uncomfortable and the decor felt very cold. I had heard positive things about this hotel and would agree the bedroom was very comfortable, however I do feel it may be somwehat over rated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BBoatman
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read your comments and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and make your stay memorable. Please contact our Food and Beverage Manager on your next stay at globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com, so he may ensure your dining experience is first class.
I shall take your feedback onboard regarding the decor and share with our Rooms Division Manager to check where improvements can be made to better express the Magnifique Sofitel culture.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the future.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!