“The best airport hotel I've ever stayed at”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“The best airport hotel I've ever stayed at”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago on a layover at Heathrow and I have to say, it was the most positive experience I have ever had at an airport hotel. The service was lovely and the convenience of the location attached to the terminal is second to none.

What really made the stay fabulous for me, however, were the rooms. The built in granite night tables at either end of the sumptuous bed were gorgeous, but what took the cake was that bathroom! The fabulous walk-in shower combined with the separate tub made for very relaxing ablutions. The room even had things I needed but didn't know I did, such as an extendable clothes line so I could dry clothes I thought needed a rinse!

If you need an airport hotel at Heathrow, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SarahSahagian
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Sofitel.
I was delighted to read your positive comments on the service you received at the hotel and especially your feedback on the bedrooms.
To rate the Sofitel as 'the best airport hotel you've ever stayed at' has been a huge motivation to the team and will encourage them to continue providing exceptional service.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location is not so convenient. It is a long walk from Terminal 5 and even longer from the Train or tube. Access with bags is difficult. Internet was not working the night I was there. A holding charge of twice the actual bill has appeared on my credit card. I would not stay there again. Even with the Hotel Hopper buses one of the other Heathrow hotels would be better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.
I am disappointed that you didn't find the Sofitel hotel a convenient location to the airport; directly linked via a covered walkway. Luggage trolleys are available at the airport to transport your luggage to the hotel and also at the hotel for the return journey.
Please contact out Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com to discuss any questions you have regarding your billing and he will gladly look into this.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a modern, clean and comfortable, up-market hotel. The service is good and the personnel warm and friendly. It is perfect for a stopover before catching your next flight, or for a pre-flight night of rest if you have an early start. The food is good and the room has everything one needs. No external noise from the aircraft. Check-in and check-out was quick, friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank RodWatson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Sofitel Heathrow.
I am proud to read your positive comments regarding your stay; from the check in, to the dining experience and your peaceful nights sleep.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again at the Sofitel when you are travelling through Heathrow in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

absoulutely fab! This hotel is by all means my new favorite airport hotel! so convenient when you arrive at T-5, that is once you figure out how to get there, and it is quite a longe walk if you have plenty of luggage, but it is totally worth it.
The rooms are very spacious, but be sure to stay in a clubroom, so that you have acess to the lounge, which by the way, no need to say, is great, the service in there is top notch. Good breakfast, afternoontea and evening snacks. The staff is doing everything to make you feel welcome and satisfy your every request.
When I checked in the reception was very busy and the staff seemed a bit stressed out, the were not unfriendly or anything, but, not as welcomming as they were the morning after. The food at the restuarants are fab too, service is superb. Cannot faults this hotel at all, yeah maybe one thing, I did not get a room upgrade even though I have a Sofitel goldcard, did not ask for one, so maybe they were fully booked.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room overlooking the runway or a clubroom
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank plummer074
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of the Sofitel following your recent stay with us.
I am proud to read that the staff in all areas provided you with first class service and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do apologise that you were not upgraded during your stay and would ask you to contact our Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com prior to your next visit so we may ensure that your VIP status is rewarded and that your next stay exceeds even your previous one.

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

While traveling from the US, my husband and I choose to stay at the Sofitel Hotel in terminal 5 for convenience as well as an enjoyable nights stay in a beautiful, comfortable hotel. The rooms are larger than the other hotel in terminal 4 unless you choose to pay more for a junior suite. This hotel has all of the major amenities (spa, shopping, restaurants, and a zen garden). The bed is VERY comfortable! I highly recommend this hotel when staying at the Heathrow airport.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Debbie J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sofitel following your stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the rooms and the facilities to be exceptional.
I am delighted that you experienced a comfortable nights sleep in one of our 'MyBed's and hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are next visiting the UK.

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was comfortable and secure. The Sphere bar was a big disappointment and although it wasn't particularly busy when we visited the service was extremely poor. We sat at the bar for at least 15 minutes waiting to be served while several members of staff were walking about behind the bar talking to each other and refusing to make eye contact with us. Eventually we placed our order for two half pints of Caffreys but after sitting down and looking at the menu we realised that we had been charged for two pints. My husband complained to the barman that served us who said that he would get us another pint. My husband told him that we didn't want another pint we just wanted to have our bill adjusted to pay only for what we had ordered. This error was eventually sorted out but the experience in the bar was not enjoyable because we did not feel like valued customers, the lounge itself does not have comfortable chairs and we did not feel inclined to hang around there.
Breakfast in the restaurant was ok, but I feel that there are hygiene issues with allowing guests to slice their own bread from the selection of loaves available. Cloths are provided to hold the loaf whilst it is sliced but hardly anyone bothered with it and I even saw one man licking his fingers in between slices. YUK!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 73Minnie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I was really disappointed to read of your unsatisfactory experience in the bar and can assure you that our Food and Beverage Manager Globy Ouseph is investigating how this happened. This is not the service we aim to offer our guests and I am sorry that this has given you a negative impression of the hotel.
Regarding your comments on the 'slicing of the bread' at breakfast; the current procedures are being reviewed following your experience. As you mentioned; we do provide clean cloths to hold the bread with and depend on the hygiene of the guests to use them.
Please could you contact Globy Ouseph on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com prior to a future booking so he may ensure you experience a memorable stay.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!