“Ideal London Heathrow hotel,”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Engadine, Switzerland.
“Ideal London Heathrow hotel,”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Part of Terminal 5 Heathrow, this hotel is so convenient. No waiting for the infrequent, inconvenient and expensive Heathrow Hopper. Just walk from arrivals to this ultramodern Hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. Rooms are good size, even bigger if you upgrade, with fantastic beds, and large bathrooms which include shower and tub. Air conditioning and soundproofing ensure that planes are hardly heard. Some rooms face internally to courtyards. WiFi free of 24hours.
Vivre restaurant has good choice menu and dishes freshly prepared in full view at an open kitchen.
When you return, the staff remember you and what you like and we would like to mention Asreena and her manager who are always very professional and helpful.
The huge breakfast buffet is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with outside window.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Expatriate35
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful time staying with us, finding our rooms to be large, well appointed and peaceful which is one of the most important aspects for an airport hotel.

I was particularly impressed to read your comments on our ambassadors and the service you receive. Asreena and the team in Vivre will be delighted to know how highly you have praised them all and I look forward to sharing your comments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,514)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Aigio, Greece
Reviewed 22 July 2014

prior to my arrival I have checked the room rate which was GBP 169 at booking.com To my surprise when arrive to the front desk and asked for a room the receptionist called the supervisor who after a checking the computer informed me that there is only one availability for GBP 195. After I told her that I have checked the rates half hour ago then she changed her mind and offered me the room at GBP 169. During check in I told the receptionist that I will pay in cash everything and the reason for this is because I travel a lot for business and I don't want my money to be held as guarantee deposits for as long as the hotels I am visiting find it suitable.
after numerous of emails and calls with their front desk assistant manager I was just given textbook customer service replies that they will release my money straight away etc. Now it is the third week since that happened and my money are still withheld!
my room had no mini bar nor pay per view tv in order to excuse any deposits! BE AWARE!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vostizza
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies as I am concerned to read your comments.

I believe our Assistant Front of House Manager Mohseen Noori is personally looking into your recent experience with us; Mohseen has already shared your feedback and experience with his team during the daily handover and also ensured that all of our trainees are supervised at all times on the Front Desk.

I can fully understand the frustration and inconvenience being caused to you, I have asked Mohseen to email you today regarding the pre authorization, I do hope that this has now been resolved, however please do inform Mohseen should this not be the case and he will do all he can to ensure that this matter is resolved as quickly as possible.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and to welcome you back in the near future.

Epping, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed prior to taking an early morning flight. The hotel is modern and luxurious. Was surprised and delighted to find a top quality restaurant, La Belle Époque, in the hotel. Excellent service from all the hotel staff. Transfer to Terminal 5 is easy. Up one floor in the elevator from the hotel lobby to the start of a covered walkway (baggage carts available) which leads directly into the terminal building.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

Thank you for nominating us as being “among the best airport hotels.” It is pleasing to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sofitel London Heathrow hotel.

I am pleased you had the opportunity to experience our restaurant La Belle Epoque. I shall share your comments with the team who will all be happy to know that they made your stay so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the best airport hotels I have stayed at. Got a great one night stay / seven night parking package for a recent holiday in Italy. Restaurant very good. Staff very friendly despite the rapid and continuous turnover. Access to Terminal 5 excellent. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Martin L
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

I am thrilled to read that we are one of the best airport hotels you have stayed in; it is pleasing to know you enjoyed the convenience of our park and stay packages and the service from our ambassadors.

I appreciate your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel next time you are flying from Heathrow.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a first class hotel connected to Terminal 5 (British Airways).

Very modern and quite upmarket. You need to book ahead for a deal or it is very expensive.

However I would not stay anywhere else if I was using T5.

The main restaurant is ok, but not cheap, and the bar is very nice but also expensive.

The beds are the most comfortable I have ever found I a hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hollybush_1972
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us,

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that we are your top choice for the Heathrow area.

I appreciate your kind comments especially for our comfortable beds and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next flying from Terminal 5.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sofitel several times times now and I have just booked again. It is definitely my hotel of choice when flying in and out of Heathrow but also convenient for time in London-work or pleasure.
The rooms are lovely, clean, modern and comfortable but most importantly quiet. You feel like you are a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the airport. It is very easy to forget this is an airport hotel and enjoy the calm. The downstairs bar is great for relaxing in and enjoying a drink pre or post flight.
The staff couldn't be more helpful, with swift check-in and check-outs guaranteed.
The breakfast is great with so much choice and super quality.
Definitely my hotel of choice and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank kirsty S
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that we are your preferred hotel for the Heathrow area and that you enjoy our location not just for the airport but also for central London.

It is pleasing to know that you found our rooms modern, comfortable and most importantly quiet. Thank you for your comments on the hotels restaurants and bars and I am delighted that you rated your breakfast in Vivre to be of high quality and appreciated the wide variety.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!