“Convenient stay”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here with family before a flight to France from Heathrow. We were warmly greeted by reception and checked in with ease. The room was comfortable and well layer out. We did ask for adjoining rooms but they only had ones next door to each other (not a big deal). We payed for breakfast and it was delicious. It had different types of cuisines and the service was great. Overall you pay for the location of the hotel and it comes with style.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Basic Rooms which was located on level 3 and not too far from reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us,

I am delighted to read that you all had a memorable stay with us, I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast in Vivre.

I hope you had a pleasant onwards journey to France and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Decided to stay here with three others the day before our early flight. Although it seems at first like a maze to get to the actual hotel, it's well signed. We stayed in two basic rooms (one double & one twin) & I requested in advance to have joining rooms, although this wasn't possible, the rooms were next to each. The breakfast had a great variety of hot, cold & international foods, plus I received some nice gluten-free toast. The staff were lovely & our bags were in our rooms within 10 minutes of us arriving. Check in was quick & check out was even quicker. Overall, a great sleep, great service & yes, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in a basic room, it was lovely & not too far to walk to from reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

It is pleasing to know that you found our hotel to be well signed posted when arriving into the Heathrow area, I am also delighted to read that you were able to experience our breakfast in Vivre and that you thoroughly enjoyed this with the wide selection and choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow when you are next flying from Heathrow.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I live in London but I stayed here because I had an early flight the next day, and I used my points to pay for the room so it was cheaper than a dawn taxi.
This Sofitel is newer than the one at Gatwick airport, and it feels it. Everything is super shiny and clean. I only stayed for one night (arriving at 11pm and leaving the next morning at 7am) but everything was fine, the beds were comfy, rooms were very quiet, and the staff were very pleasant indeed. It's not as close as Gatwick's is to Departures, but it's as close as you can get without actually sleeping in the Departures hall itself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoy the benefits associated with being an Accor Club Member, thank you for your kind comments for our beds and I am pleased that you found our rooms quiet and our ambassadors attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stay at the Sofitel every time we fly from Heathrow T5 as we like the convenience, the ambience and the car parking option. We stayed 2 weeks ago before our BA flight to Greece to pick up a cruise. Parking is safe, easy and very economical when added to the room costs. I love the smell and the calm as soon as you enter this hotel! Rooms aren't huge but very comfortable and the bathrooms have walkin shower and a full length bath and nice White company toiletries. Check in was easy and Rebecca on the front desk was very helpful to us! Club Millesime is great for complimentary drinks and canapés, and we always enjoy a nice meal in the Vivre restaurant!
Really really like this hotel for pre- holiday treat and if I could bottle the smell to take home I would!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KMDBirminghamUK

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have nominated us to be the best airport hotel you know and that you had such a memorable time with us.

I look forward to sharing your comments with Rebecca from our Front Desk who will be delighted to know how highly you have praised her.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a one night layover at Heathrow and opted for the convenience of this hotel. Our room was extremely comfortable, the breakfast was outstanding (English breakfast, Japanese breakfast and more). But above all - the service was fantastic. Each staff person we interacted with was wonderful - from the spa (which is fantastic and highly recommended), to the gentlemen managing the concierge lounge (tea, drinks, etc.), to the bellman. If you want an easy layover with comfort, service, and even a little indulgence - this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how highly you have praised all of our Ambassadors and that you had such a memorable stay with us.

I was pleased that you were able to experience our breakfast buffet in Vivre, we are very proud to offer such a wide selection and variety for breakfast which I am glad you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

After we had prepaid and checked in we were informed that there was a "little problem with the water"- in fact it was out until 8PM. The hotel is adjacent to Heathrow's terminal 5, but still a slog if you have luggage. The room was quiet and comfortable, but nothing special..Wifi was not easy to access. When we left the hotel tried to charge us 7 Pounds for a 2 minute call to Heathrow's lost luggage. Only when I became outraged that we were given no concessions for a 5 hour loss of water did they remove the charge. Certainly not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies as I was concerned to read your comments following your recent stay with us.

Unfortunately, due to matters out of our control on the afternoon of 15th July 2014 we did encounter a burst pipe within our lower ground levels which affected the water supply to the hotel. Emergency maintenance work took place and for the issue to be resolved the water had to be temporally switched off for a few hours, due to the severity of the issue.

I can completely understand your frustration in this and the inconvenience that caused to you for which I sincerely apologise.

I am sorry you encountered difficulties on accessing our Wi-Fi, we have this week updated our Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel and have made the connection process a lot simpler and easier for our guests.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to turn your experience around, I would be most grateful if you could by email contact our Front of House Manager on Vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com who will add his personal attention to any future reservations and ensure that on your next stay you have a more positive experience.

Once again, I do apologize for your experience with us and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

2 of us stayed here prior to a transatlantic flight from Heathrow. We were warmly welcomed and checked in and shown to our room. The room was spacious and very comfortable. We slept exceedingly well. This is very important for an airport overnight stay.

Breakfast was an exceptionally extensive buffet (English, International, Indian, Japanese, etc) with lots of made-to-order options also.

For an overnight (or more nights) stay at Heathrow the Sofitel would take some beating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay and found our location convenient being linked to Terminal 5.

It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed the large selection and variety we have on offer for breakfast in Vivre.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!