Sofitel London Heathrow
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$84
US$88
US$78
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
12,426 results
All reviewsvivre restaurantsuperior rooman early flightthe club loungeshort walkroom servicebritish airwaysexcellent hotelan upgradenext morningeasy accesscomfortable roomsbetween flightslondon heathrowan overnight staynight's sleepcovered walkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed her in July in order to take an early flight from T5 the next morning.

The hotel is modern and a little impersonal. Rooms are fine but nothing out of the ordinary considering the overall rating and price band. The beauty of this hotel is the location...a short walk from T5 departures. Stayed at the Hilton T5 before and preferred this to the Sofitel even though it is a short bus hop away.

Restaurant in the Sofitel has a sky high tariff. We ate in T5 at Carluccios...much better value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay with us.

Our location is indeed very convenient since we are directly linked with terminal 5 offering the ease of access to the terminal. We do always strive to ensure our restaurants are in line with the market and other hotels in the Heathrow area.

We do really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future at Sofitel London Heathrow.

Yours Sincerely

Anna- Marie Dowling – General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Cheap, convenient and decent hotel attached to terminal 5 of heathrow. Great for layover with an early flight out of heathrow.

Rooms a bit small, but probably standard for europe and view is of the main hall.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, considering the fact that you had missed your flight due to an unfortunate cancellation.

I am delighted to learn that you particularly enjoyed our Club Millesime lounge, your dinner in our restaurant and also the Sofitel bed which you found to be comfortable. I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy our lovely breakfast on your next visit.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow shortly.

Yours Sincerely,

Anna-Marie Dowling – General Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A perfect choice if you land at or depart from Terminal 5.
The first time I stayed at Sofitel Heathrow, about a year ago, I was delighted with the experience. So when I had to stay overnight again at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, I naturally booked myself at the Sofitel. However, I was not so pleased this time. Nothing to do with the hotel which is perfect - check-in staff was extremely pleasant, the room was large enough and very comfortable and the dinner at the Belle Epoque Restaurant was very good. No, the difference was that the first time I stayed there I had landed with BA at Term 5 and could reach the hotel walking within 10 mn. The second time, I flew Air France and arrived at and departed from Term 4. Upon arrival, I took the tube from Term 4 to Term 5: a nightmare as I had to connect in Heathrow Central and had to wait very long for the trains both in Term 4 and in Heathrow Central. Overall it took me about 50 mn to reach the hotel. When I departed, I decided to try the Heathrow bus shuttle (no free hotel shuttle - it costs £4.50). Between the wait for the shuttle and the travel time it took me there again about 35 mn to reach Term 4. I do not know whether there is a better alternative but will definitely look for one next time I have to arrive and depart from a Terminal other than Term 5. A pity because I really like the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alain2000
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Got a great price for this very high-end hotel through a next-week booking on Hotwire. As we were departing London Heathrow airport early the next morning we wanted to stay nearby the night before. Accessible via a modern concourse from Terminal 5, this Sofitel could not be closer. Although we had a bit of a waiting line at check-in (after a week of seeing the sights, I was sick of lines), the room was spacious and impeccable. We enjoyed a nightcap at the Sphere Bar lounge, but balked at the £30/person buffet breakfast in the Vivre L Experience Des Saveurs.

Room Tip: Search Hotwire for a first class hotel at Heathrow Airport to get a good discount.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We needed a day stay on flights between the US (arriving at 8 am) and South Africa (departing at 7). This hotel worked out very well. Coming in to T3 we exited customs and took the Heathrow Express (the train, which is free for terminal transfers) to T5. The hotel is a 5 minute walk and easy to find (traveller's who can't find it are seriously geographically challenged). Modern, efficient, and friendly staff. Painless check-in. We had an end room with no view (room 5115) but we needed sleep, so not being able to see planes takeoff and land was no issue. Incredibly well insulated - not a peep could be heard, even from the runway. Great beds and room service fast, efficient, and tasty. The downside - yes, it was 125GBP booked online, which is fairly expensive for 6 and a half hours, but we felt very refreshed getting onto the connecting flight. Our verdict: worth every pence!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business